AXL/DC Rehearsal video

goneshootin

45 minutes ago, andyshores said:

Wow, who thought in 2014 that Axl would be able to belt out Back In Black like that?

I know right?! What the fuck happened to him in those 2 years? :lol: I thought Vegas '14 was as good as it was ever going to get... little did I know...

3 hours ago, MrSoftie said:

I know right?! What the fuck happened to him in those 2 years? :lol: I thought Vegas '14 was as good as it was ever going to get... little did I know...

Guys, chill, these songs just aren't that difficult compared to GNR material. 

28 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Poppycock. If this was the case, why has DC possessed two of the greatest singers in rock n' roll history to deliver? 'DC songs are all high-register frantic rock' rollers which require a high rock n' roll voice; they also require somebody who can sing the blues and to sing the blues with any passion, for a white man, and get away with it, is about the most difficult feat of singing in popular music!

DC's vocals are incredibly difficult! ''Down Payment Blues', 'Sin City', 'Hell's Bells', ''I got my bell, I'm gonna take you to hell, I'm gonna get you, Satan get you'' - you have to have the correct raw, highness, blues, soul and sleaze.

If you were looking for the best rock n' roll voice in the history of rock n' roll, who does not happen to be Little Richard, you could do much worse than choose Bon or Brian. To do what they did vocally was phenomenal.

...is the correct answer!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Poppycock. If this was the case, why has DC possessed two of the greatest singers in rock n' roll history to deliver? 'DC songs are all high-register frantic rock' rollers which require a high rock n' roll voice; they also require somebody who can sing the blues and to sing the blues with any passion, for a white man, and get away with it, is about the most difficult feat of singing in popular music!

DC's vocals are incredibly difficult! ''Down Payment Blues', 'Sin City', 'Hell's Bells', ''I got my bell, I'm gonna take you to hell, I'm gonna get you, Satan get you'' - you have to have the correct raw, highness, blues, soul and sleaze.

If you were looking for the best rock n' roll voice in the history of rock n' roll, who does not happen to be Little Richard, you could do much worse than choose Bon or Brian. To do what they did vocally was phenomenal.

This, Don't understand why ppl think ACDC stuff is easier to sing. I think is way more challenging that most of the GNR material.

• Like 2

The belting stuff has been easier for Axl though. Listen to my michelle and nightrain which are kinda acdc type songs in terms of vocals from recent shows.

Its the mid range stuff he typically struggles with...but even that has inproved somewhat this year.

No denying, if he uses those vocals it will beat out even his 2010 voice and will match uyi era stuff. If he develops that mid range...then we are basically back at an older 87-89 axl!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrSoftie said:

AC/DC stuff in terms of difficulty is on par with Appetite. Lot's of high, and very powerful notes, almost belting.

The thing is for singing GNR you need to use lot of different registers and work with your breath extremely well. I'm not saying AC/DC stuff is easy, but you just need much more than to be able to push hard for the high powerful raspy notes to sing GNR well. 

• Like 1

• highvoltage changed the title to AXL/DC Rehearsal video
3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I agree that Bon Scott was phenomenal.  A great singer and performer.  If you ask most people who their favorite acdc singer is, it will be him. 

Brian did something incredible by stepping into his shoes and has been an integral part of the acdc machine since then.  That being said, how many Favorite Singer or Top Vocalist lists is he on?  Not many.  Not trying to minimize his contributions, but he's not everyone's cup of tea, I'll put it that way.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

HAABPTB sounds awesome to me. 

So far it seems like it'll be the same setlist, or very similar to it at least. 

Then I can say I called it. ;)

I need to get caught up on these clips. I do find it funny that the first three we heard were STT, TS, and HB - the three hardest songs in the set. I swear it's AC/DC's manager leaking these to say "we told you so." :lol:

3 minutes ago, Kira said:

I agree that Bon Scott was phenomenal.  A great singer and performer.  If you ask most people who their favorite acdc singer is, it will be him. 

Brian did something incredible by stepping into his shoes and has been an integral part of the acdc machine since then.  That being said, how many Favorite Singer or Top Vocalist lists is he on?  Not many.  Not trying to minimize his contributions, but he's not everyone's cup of tea, I'll put it that way.

Not everyone's cup of tea is a fair point, but that certainly doesn't make his stuff any easier to sing with was Diesel's main point.

13 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I still think they should pretty much drop all the newer songs, from Every album after Razors edge. Add more bon songs to the set, and finish up with a greatest hits type of set. That would be BEST for Axl imo, and fans.

Honestly, that wouldn't make much room in the setlist as it is; the only post-TRE songs in the set currently (Assuming they continue with the same 2016 set) are Rock Or Bust, Got Some Rock N' Roll Thunder, and Rock N' Roll Train. Rock N' Roll Train isn't going anywhere because as far as later-days material goes everyone knows it - it's the closest thing they've had to a hit since Thunderstruck. There will be at least one ROB song since they're still calling it the ROB tour, and of the two in the set the title track will obviously stay. So best case scenario they drop GSRNRT - that's not exactly opening up much of the set for older material. I'd like some more older stuff too, but it seems pretty obvious knowing what's been rehearsed so far that the set will be almost identical to the set earlier this year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Russel Nash said:

This, Don't understand why ppl think ACDC stuff is easier to sing. I think is way more challenging that most of the GNR material.

I think the gnr material requires a level of versatility that doesn't exist within ACDC. There are certain songs in each that are easier to sing than others, but overall gnr material requires more from their singer in more ways than just vocal power.  

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

It's a hard voice to copy, right. High-pitched, powerful, raspy. I still believe that GN'R songs are harder to sing when it comes to breathing, sustained screams and range widths. Of course, some are easier and some are harder.

Yeah its certainly not going to be easy to be able to do those notes night after night, naturally your voice will tire somewhat and he may have to slightly change it up by the last few shows, but Axl can still do the high pitched rasp very well. Even in 2012-2013 he wasn't bad at very pitched rasp (Better being a good example, sometimes Nightrain, etc)

Back in Black clip is basically 1988 Axl Rose with total control over his voice and rasp. We've had good hints he could do this from Nightrain from Coachella and OTGM which were both beastly (as was My Michelle from Mexico) but it'd be nice if he gave YCBM that same attack and rasp, the song would massively benefit from it.

Edited by koldweather
  • Like 1