AXL/DC Rehearsal video

goneshootin

13 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

Indeed, I was pretty shocked until I realised it was the van behind him I was seeing :lol:

He looks pretty ripped in the second picture. 

The veins in his arms are very apparent, he has been hitting the weights.

2 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

he sounds great from what I can here. Man, I kinda hope they release a live album, or at least some soundboard. Btw, I've never gotten any AC/DC boots before, do they get released often?

On the Black Ice tour there was a fan made DVD of almost every show on eBay. They were decent too. 

15 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

he sounds great from what I can here. Man, I kinda hope they release a live album, or at least some soundboard. Btw, I've never gotten any AC/DC boots before, do they get released often?

I've seen AC/DC 7 times, and there's an audio recording of every show I've seen.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Pretty much the setlist

•   Reveal hidden contents

• 1. Rock or Bust
    • 2. Shoot to Thrill
    • 3. Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be
    • 4. Back in Black
    • 5. Riff Raff
    •  6. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
    • 7. Thunderstruck
    • 8. High Voltage
    • 9. Rock 'n' Roll Train
    • 10. Hells Bells
    • 11. Dog Eat Dog
    • 12. Sin City
    • 13. You Shook Me All Night Long
    • 14. Shot Down in Flames
    • 15. Touch Too Much
    • 16. T.N.T.
    • 17. Whole Lotta Rosie
    • 18. Let There Be Rock
    • Encore:
    • 19. Highway to Hell
    • 20. FTATR

So almost identical, but with a few kickass Bon gems subbed into the spots previously occupied by two extra ROB tracks and two Brian rarities which is what I expected. I knew Angus wouldn't drastically overhaul things nor did I expect Rock or Bust to be dropped as the opener.

I can't wait to hear Axl tear through Shot Down In Flames - my favorite AC/DC song of all.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Touch Too Much? Incredible. Told you about dog eat dog, it's obviously the song angus has in his mind right now.

To be fair, Dog Eat Dog was already on the options since the first leg of the tour and was a staple on the back half of the Black Ice tour so it's not that surprising. ;)

Touch Too Much making that cut though? Now that gives me a boner.

• Like 1

Shot down in flames is my favorite song on Highway to Hell. I'm excited about Touch Too Much. But I would have have been even more excited for Night Prowler.  Even so, we are going to listen to so many new songs with Axl on them and I can't complain. Great, great times.

Edited by The Archer
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, James Bond said:

To be fair, Dog Eat Dog was already on the options since the first leg of the tour and was a staple on the back half of the Black Ice tour so it's not that surprising. ;)

angus did riff raff and dog eat dog when they were auditioning with the tribute singer

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

Hopefully Touch Too Much makes the cut, it'd be awesome to get a song never played live before.

And I can't wait for Riff Raff - that's my favorite AC/DC song, so getting to see them do it after seeing GN'R do it a few times will be great :awesomeface:

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Hopefully Touch Too Much makes the cut, it'd be awesome to get a song never played live before.

And I can't wait for Riff Raff - that's my favorite AC/DC song, so getting to see them do it after seeing GN'R do it a few times will be great :awesomeface:

They've definitely done it with Bon.

Edit - I can't find any recordings of this that are from a live show, except for the official 'video' and this performance on Top of the Pops -

Edit 2 - I stand corrected - 

http://www.setlist.fm/stats/acdc-23d6807b.html?tour=Highway+to+Hell

They didn't play it on the album tour when Bon was alive.

Wow, this is great! Uncle Axl DID manage to get Grandpa Angus to change the setlist.

Edited by The Archer

49 minutes ago, nightrain86 said:

You shook me was one of the songs I was most curious to hear Axl on, and from what I could hear he sounded pretty good on it.

I never doubted that Axl would do well on YSMANL. I just wish they would drop this song though. Over time, it's become my least favorite song from BIB and one of my least favorite AC/DC songs overall. It's no doubt AC/DC's most popular and most 'romantic' (if you exclude 'Love Song', which was an anomaly) song even with the raunchy video that they did on Who Made Who.

It would have been far more interesting to hear Axl try his hand at something like 'Let me put my Love into you'. Brian was just a beast on the original. This is one deep cut from the Brian era that I would have loved to hear. I don't think it's ever been done on any tour though?

Edited by The Archer

16 minutes ago, The Archer said:

They've definitely done it with Bon.

Edit - I can't find any recordings of this that are from a live show, except for the official 'video' and this performance on Top of the Pops -

I thought Top of the Pops was it? Even so, it can't have been done more than a couple times. It was rehearsed with Brian for the SUL tour but never made the cut.

• Like 1