Do you view 2016 GnR as a reunion or a continuation from 2014?

Reunion or Continuation?  

186 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The mid-point between the two. I was reluctant to call this a reunion once I learned Pitman was still around but then he left and it was back to the ratio of the UYI days in terms of originals and replacements but then Melissa joined. 4 randoms to 3 originals. There's a different vibe than say if they had binned Pitman as it appeared on that drum skin plus if Adler was in like we thought he might be. You'd have a very different band.

• Like 1

This is a reunion of Axl and Slash, which is all that the majority of people ever cared about. I voted for a continuation though, because it feels more like continuation to me. They're playing mostly the same songs that they played before etc... And I'm fine with continuation. I just hope that they're finally gonna release some new music.

1 hour ago, ohmygod said:

As to the prices... I don't think that's indicative of either in my opinion. Rather it's the promoters knowing that getting Axl and Slash on the same stage, regardless of who is in the band, is something people will pay anything to see. Especially given that most people had thought that them playing together again had a snowballs chance in hell, hence "not in this lifetime."

Exactly my point, the reunion of Axl and Slash not the continuation of and old tour is what makes this relevant to the general public outside of the diehard fans, and allows for such high prices. 

I think that while we as hardcore fans would all LIKE to see Izzy and Adler, the reality to the general public and the casual fan is Axl and Slash are the "face" of GnR even if they aren't truly the "entire band."  Duff means more to the tour for that same reason, he has been in the public eye, Izzy just plays it cool and low key and writes roughly 2 songs per day....  Duff goes on Howard, played in Velvet Revolver, wrote books etc.  He stayed in the public eye more than Axl.

We can debate among ourselves for eternity, but for the large majority of the target audience of this tour, the reunion consists of Axl and Slash getting back together, everyone else is just gravy.

(To clarify, I wish Izzy wasn't opposed to touring, I wish he was a part of this and I think any new material will be 30% better if Izzy is involved, I'm just talking about more casual fans.)

It is never ever a continuation of Axl's Band.

Maybe it's not a full reunion, but the main parts of Guns n' Roses are back to together.

Just compare the numbers of the last Vegas Residency with the two Vegas concerts in 2016...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, supercool said:

they never stated it was a reunion BUT they went to the troubadour... they're trying to fool the fans with marketing tricks.

unfortunately, this is a continuation of fakegnr, the band sounds fake, it sounds as nugnr, not as vintage gnr.

it can't be a reunion without izzy and steven.

yawn.,,

• Like 1

What intrigues me is, does Slash have long-term intentions with this whole thing and do you think this is something the big three have discussed?  I would love to know if Slash still saw himself being in GNR five years from now.

• Like 2

It's both, A semi-reunion and a continuation of where 2014 left off. 

I hope it is a new era of Guns though, where they release some new music. I'm not expecting three albums, but I'd love to see at least one more album. I'm of the opinion that more records and less touring would be better. But that's obviously a poor business plan.

Some new music, and more touring? I can settle for that... just as long as we don't have to wait forever! to see it happen.

Once the 'Not in this lifetime' run wraps up (including overseas touring Europe, Asia) I'd really like to see them hunker down, and put out the next record. Even better yet! drop a record during the tour... it's done already from what Axl said, Slash, duff, Richard and co could do some work on it during the AC/DC dates, and it could be mixed /mastered on the road, like the UYI records.

I think the deciding factor (for me at least) on whether GnR are actually back, depends on if they can make good / great music together again; and not rest on their laurels. We'll see!