Do you view 2016 GnR as a reunion or a continuation from 2014?

Reunion or Continuation?  

186 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 hours ago, Rovim said:

Absolutely not. Nothing is more important. Globally, or in my personal life. Gn'R money is really great right now. Perla brought the kids to see Slash getting paid.

I believe that if Axl feels it, it's not a problem. They seem to be in this together this time around. So far.

I don't think the problems that were there before are there now. Slash and Duff don't care as much about albums imo. The potential issues can be delays cause it's not quite there yet, delaying cause it's really great so Axl has a few ideas to improve it, and just letting go of your art and the label, negotiations.

That last part is not my biggest concern as this is Gn'R with Slash and Duff again, the label might actually promote it more.

We have no way of knowing cause Axl did not share his current intentions for this line up. It doesn't make sense without an album, another great Guns album that's gotta happen or at least they should try.

I think I got it, I've posted it before. But forget CD II for now. What the reunion of the big 3 offers is the chance for GNR to do the definite Axl n Slash record. Slash led guitar oriented hard rock record. Like Back in Black. No Izzy  influence or songs, no scope of material like Illusions, just fast hard driving hard rock start to finish. but mainly stuff like Civil War, Garden of Eden, Back Off Bitch, Don't Damn Me, The Garden, Dead Horse, Coma. Keep it hard rock. 

20 minutes ago, wasted said:

I think I got it, I've posted it before. But forget CD II for now. What the reunion of the big 3 offers is the chance for GNR to do the definite Axl n Slash record. Slash led guitar oriented hard rock record. Like Back in Black. No Izzy  influence or songs, no scope of material like Illusions, just fast hard driving hard rock start to finish. but mainly stuff like Civil War, Garden of Eden, Back Off Bitch, Don't Damn Me, The Garden, Dead Horse, Coma. Keep it hard rock. 

I'd be fine with a definitive Axl/Slash record. I still think Izzy would be involved in some way on a new album, but I get what you mean. To me, it looks like Axl and Slash are on the same page. Maybe it's all for show, I don't know, but it feels like they are together right now.

9 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I would say to the majority of Gn'R fans in the world would agree, it didn't exist.

I think 99% of rock fans would also agree that when you have one original member left in a band who is only a shell of his former self  and the reason his band members all left that it really isn't the same band. Gn'R weren't some nameless band where you only knew the singer. Then due to Axl's ego he releases an album with a mash up of like 15 different band members that musically doesn't sound anything like the legendary albums the band previously released. It just isn't Gn'R to most no matter what the name says on the front of the album. It was the Axl Rose band and he would have gained a lot more respect if he was able to admit that.

Luckily, epistemology is not a consensus exercise. What 99 % think have no matter on what actually is.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J Dog said:

I'd be fine with a definitive Axl/Slash record. I still think Izzy would be involved in some way on a new album, but I get what you mean. To me, it looks like Axl and Slash are on the same page. Maybe it's all for show, I don't know, but it feels like they are together right now.

Also obviously have Duff's punk energy but lose the stonesy GNR songs. So take out southern elements and covers and stay on track for hard rock with punk energy. I actually like Spag Incident for that reason. It's reversed but same effect. 

The song writing could still come from the same pool, it's just how they do them. 

This is pure speculation on a fantasy scenario. But it would make a good self titled album. 

6 hours ago, Modano09 said:

Well the original plan was to replace the members that quit/were drove out, make an album and continue along under the Guns N'Roses banner in the late 90's, it's just that the album ended up being delayed for whatever the actual reasons were for what? 12 years? I guess Axl'd already committed to this being a continuation of GNR, even though once all that time and all those members came and went there was really no chance of a new band carrying on the GNR name. Had they of actually done something in the late 90's with a steady line up they may have earned some respect as a real band and a continuation of Guns N'Roses, but they didn't, and all it ended up being was an Axl Rose solo album with various contributors. 

Aside from using the name to generate interested I don't know why he insisted on calling the new band Guns N'Roses anyway. Guns N'Roses was established as a dangerous band of street junkies (which I mean in the nicest way possible) who could die at anytime. The new guys were just guys. Some were weird, but just guys.

It should have been called Rose N' Roses.

20 hours ago, wasted said:

Also obviously have Duff's punk energy but lose the stonesy GNR songs. So take out southern elements and covers and stay on track for hard rock with punk energy. I actually like Spag Incident for that reason. It's reversed but same effect. 

The song writing could still come from the same pool, it's just how they do them. 

This is pure speculation on a fantasy scenario. But it would make a good self titled album. 

Yeah, it seems like I like Spaghetti more than a lot of folks. Probably for the same reasons you're talking about. I don't really care what direction they go in to be honest, I would just love to see them make some new music.