We need an interview.........

1) How is the relationship with Axl and Slash?

2) How did this all come together?

3) Was there debate over drummers, guitarists, etc?

4) Is there talk of a NEW ALBUM....which by the way could be a classic if done right

5) what happened to Steven, Izzy, Matt, ?

These are all valid questions ....asked by the fans for the fans..

If the moderator nukes this thread then he  or she is hiding something.....don't worry.

What happened to pitman? Was he fired because of a drunken outburst on social media or are the rumors true that he quit because he was expecting a pay raise and never got one? How did they come to the conclusion that Melissa Reese was going to replace him? Why do they even need 2 keyboardists?

what does the future hold beyond this stadium tour? What are the bands long term plans? What about the old Chinese material, will that be scraped? Will slash and duff re record old parts of soul monster and the general?  What about old members, when did they know Tommy was gone? When did they know bumblefoot was gone? Ashba too..? 

And above all.. Why has the band been so vague about things? Why no answers? Why market this around just axl slash and duff but not anyone else despite pretty much always knowing who was in the band? Why no press conference? How do they feel about the current lineup? How does it feel to have the semi reunion we have? Did you guys miss each other? How are things different now than they were then? Are you sure things will be different this time, and why?

I can literally do this all night.. There are a kajillion questions that can be asked. And yeah, some answers would be nice. And no, a high majority of them will NOT go away until they're answered. I get that people are pumped over the last few weeks and they have been exciting, but this band needs to start doing some press. This Area 51 shit needs to stop

8 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

no not really. all the answers are out there.

what I need the most is new songs, let's cut the bs, do they still got it or what?

No, they really aren't. Just some speculation and basic math by insiders but really, we don't have any concrete answers. So I mean they're out there in terms of people knowing things that aren't public yet, but we the fans are still in the dark.

Edited by Billsfan
  • Like 3

I want to know, 

what changed between Axl and Slash? 

what was said in their first conversation? 

How quick did this all come together? 

Is it too early to talk about recording an album with this lineup? 

Is this a short and sweet reunion or a full on regrouping of gnr that will last longer than this tour? 

Izzy and Adler? What were the thoughts on possibly bringing them in and ultimately why haven't they played a role in this tour? 

Amongst the big three what has been the biggest surprise so far after not being together for 20+ years? 

Axl, what was the phone call like when ACDC called on you? Was it an immediate yes I'm going to do whatever to make this work or did you have to think about it?

Could you Put rasp on YCBM or quit playing it? 

Duff, any chance you can get these two on your workout schedule?

is CD2 officially abandoned? 

Idk what to think about this "silence". Maybe is the right move to sell a lot of shows... look... the press is talking (for a first time i think) a lot of good stuff about Axl n GNR. Thats perfect publicity.

Of course we want interviews... we want to know everything. But if they dont want to?.  TB r doing the things very good i think. GnR are selling a lot.

The best thing is a letter from the Boss.... and a rant before DTJ too hehehe. I miss that shit.

..... but.... if i have to do some questions... that will be:

- The people that are still in GnR from the new era, like FF, RF.... they have to quit to get in Izzy, Adler and/or Sorum? 

- If DJ and Ron had not quit GnR, they will still in?

- GnR will release old stuff and a lot of dusty videos from de golden era? I will buy all!!!

- And thanks. We support GNR forever. 

Chile is waiting.

No you don't, it's all gossip and pointless bullshit and more fertiliser for people to pick apart their words and interpret shit that ain't there and make a big deal of nothing, what you need dear boys and girls is the band to crack on with what it's doing and play their fuckin' bollocks off.  The latter could be a potentially tricky proposition for dear ol' Melissa but nevermind!

Slash: well how we got back together was Axl gave me a call and...

Fans: hahaha, see, see, we been saying it all along, so big bad Axl finally went back, cap in hand, well hardy fuckin' ha!

ORRRRR...

Axl: well how we got back together was Slash gave me a call and...

Fans: So basically, Slash, money hungry whore that he is realised his fat arse was facing a divorce and needed a few quid and finally swallowed his fuckin' ego and did what his money whoring aarse always does, went for the fuckin' money, the Cypress Hill duetting pussy.

• Like 4

I've been saying this for a couple of weeks. 2 massive things have happened here in the space of a few weeks. Axl & Slash sharing a stage together & AXL/DC it's probably the biggest thing to happen in rock music for years & still we have no interviews with most people thinking it's ok. Well f@#k that people are spending a huge amount of money on tickets & merchandise it's time to face the music guys & answer the questions as I've said before its not about album sales or ticket promotion it's about going on the record to let everyone know the long term (if there is a long term) intentions of the band we the fans deserve to know.

• Like 1

The point is what do you want to know?  And as fans of music primarily, what value is the knowledge to you?  What do you want to do with that information, why this morbid fascination with whether it was a phone call or a group hug or a handjob or whatever, it's just inconsequential vagaries.  I mean think of all the possible ways that it could've happened, be it 10, 20, 50...and pick one.  Say it was that reason...good, so what?  Pick another, say it was that reason.  Right, so what again?  Are you getting my point in here, in the scheme of why we patronise this band (i.e. music) it's just a load of gossipy bollocks and in terms of a band who have had so much acrimony up until now and the presumably tentative state of any reconcilliation, why would you want them to start airing this shit out and possibly reignite acrimony?  Do you want this fucking band to be together or what?  Well if yes, stop picking around in their poo and concentrate on their music cuz God bless ya, you've got some music coming, thats all you need to know, whatever the answers to these Hello Magazine questions you have they really ain't gonna be that spectacular, it ain't gonna be that one day in a remote part of Malibu the sky started raining fortune cookies which cracked open upon hitting the floor and out flew these jack in the boxes holding placards at Axl that read: 'REUNITE'.  Enjoy your fuckin' favourtie band, they're back together after years and years and years of no hope and, seeing as how they're middle aged, they ain't gonna be around forever so sit down, shut up and enjoy the music.

People criticise the media, tabloids, salacious gossip, bullshit unsubstantiated rumour but quite frankly if fans didn't patronise this shit it wouldn't exist.

Edited by Len B'stard

3 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

The point is what do you want to know?  And as fans of music primarily, what value is the knowledge to you?  What do you want to do with that information, why this morbid fascination with whether it was a phone call or a group hug or a handjob or whatever, it's just inconsequential vagaries.  I mean think of all the possible ways that it could've happened, be it 10, 20, 50...and pick one.  Say it was that reason...good, so what?  Pick another, say it was that reason.  Right, so what again?  Are you getting my point in here, in the scheme of why we patronise this band (i.e. music) it's just a load of gossipy bollocks and in terms of a band who have had so much acrimony up until now and the presumably tentative state of any recognition, why would you want them to start airing this shit out and possibly reignite acrimony?  Do you want this fucking band to be together or what?  Well if yes, stop picking around in their poo and concentrate on their music cuz God bless ya, you've got some music coming, thats all you need to know, whatever the answers to these Hello Magazine questions you have they really ain't gonna be that spectacular, it ain't gonna be that one day in a remote part of Malibu the sky started raining fortune cookies which cracked open upon hitting the floor and out flew these jack in the boxes holding placards at Axl that read: 'REUNITE'.  Enjoy your fuckin' favourtie band, they're back together after years and years and years of no hope and, seeing as how they're middle aged, they ain't gonna be around forever so sit down, shut up and enjoy the music.

Most of the times your posts are as confusing as Matthew Mcconaughey's character in the first season of True Detective is to me.

But to answer your first question... I'd like to know because of curiousity. Nothing more, nothing less. There won't be anything I could do with that information, it would merely satisfy my curiosity.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Enjoy your fuckin' favourtie band, they're back together after years and years and years of no hope and, seeing as how they're middle aged, they ain't gonna be around forever so sit down, shut up and enjoy the music.

nah, they ain't back because that's not really gnr.

it's axl playing with slash and duff, but it doesn't sound as gnr, it still sounds as nugnr.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Most of the times your posts are as confusing as Matthew Mcconaughey's character in the first season of True Detective is to me.

But to answer your first question... I'd like to know because of curiousity. Nothing more, nothing less. There won't be anything I could do with that information, it would merely satisfy my curiosity.

Well there you go, thats not a good reason.  Especially if a reconcilliation is tentative and this is a band with a history of where certain innocuous statements have led to some messy shit, satisfying your curiosity is not a good enough reason.  You're talking about a million dollar enterprise here, i don't think a primary concern of theirs is satisfying curiosity.  Thats the same as saying no reason at all.  So you weigh things up, what are the benefits and what are the pitfalls?  Benefits = 0, Pitfalls = possibly fucking up this good thing they've got going on, if you value the band at all just shhh and let em fuckin' do what they do. 

I mean honestly, how is the relationship between Axl and Slash...what if it's not good?  What if its kinda tentative at the moment?  What good would they do by coming out and going 'uh, it's kinda shaky at the moment but we're working on it', cue thousands of GnR fans on forums going OMG OMG, shaky, we need more info, how would that assist the reconcilliation process?  Maybe they wanna make their lives as simple as possible during these formative stages?

And all the other questions, maybe they don't want you to know that shit?  Maybe they don't think it's any of your business.  And y'know what, it really ain't, you're music fans right?  Well then be fans of music and not fans of inter-personal relationships of strangers that have nothing to do with you.  It's just gossip-mongering, I'm sure it'll come out one day, until then we have a band folks!

5 minutes ago, supercool said:

nah, they ain't back because that's not really gnr.

it's axl playing with slash and duff, but it doesn't sound as gnr, it still sounds as nugnr.

I agree, I'm just addressing fans who are somewhat happy about the occurances of the last couple of months.

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Well there you go, thats not a good reason.  Especially if a reconcilliation is tentative and this is a band with a history of where certain innocuous statements have led to some messy shit, satisfying your curiosity is not a good enough reason.  You're talking about a million dollar enterprise here, i don't think a primary concern of theirs is satisfying curiosity.  Thats the same as saying no reason at all.  So you weigh things up, what are the benefits and what are the pitfalls?  Benefits = 0, Pitfalls = possibly fucking up this good thing they've got going on, if you value the band at all just shhh and let em fuckin' do what they do. 

I mean honestly, how is the relationship between Axl and Slash...what if it's not good?  What if its kinda tentative at the moment?  What good would they do by coming out and going 'uh, it's kinda shaky at the moment but we're working on it', cue thousands of GnR fans on forums going OMG OMG, shaky, we need more info, how would that assist the reconcilliation process?

And all the other questions, maybe they don't want you to know that shit?  Maybe they don't think it's any of your business.  And y'know what, it really ain't, you're music fans right?  Well then be fans of music and not fans of inter-personal relationships of strangers that have nothing to do with you.  It's just gossip-mongering, I'm sure it'll come out one day, until then we have a band folks!

You are taking this all way too seriously. I don't think there are many people who follow this band who wouldn't want to know what the deal with Izzy and Steven is... and that's all I'm saying. Am I curious about that? You bet your ass, and it shouldn't be hard for one of them to speak up, we're not debating world crisis here.

2 minutes ago, EvanG said:

You are taking this all way too seriously. I don't think there are many people who follow this band who wouldn't want to know what the deal with Izzy and Steven is... and that's all I'm saying. Am I curious about that? You bet your ass, and it shouldn't be hard for one of them to speak up, we're not debating world crisis here.

Listen, I'm you're friend here :lol:  Personally, i wouldn't give a shit if they all keeled over and died this afternoon but if yous guys are fans take heed cuz I'm not talking out of my arse here, I'm sure you're curious, so am i, about a great many things in this world but some things sometimes are just best left be for the meanwhile.

2 minutes ago, supercool said:

most of interviews are a load of bullshit anyway.

what we need is steven, izzy and new music.

See, this man knows what I'm talkin' about.

Edited by Len B'stard

1 minute ago, Len B'stard said:

Listen, I'm you're friend here :lol:  Personally, i wouldn't give a shit if they all keeled over and died this afternoon but if yous guys are fans take heed cuz I'm not talking out of my arse here, I'm sure you're curious, so am i, about a great many things in this world but some things sometimes are just best left be.

You don't see me knocking on people's doors, do you? I'm just a regular fan like most of you out there and I express that I am curious about the whole situation, as most probably are. And it's weird to me they haven't even said anything about it, but there you go... it's a weird band to begin with. I'm not making it bigger than it is, I'm sure we will hear about it sooner or later.

Just now, EvanG said:

You don't see me knocking on people's doors, do you? I'm just a regular fan like most of you out there and I express that I am curious about the whole situation, as most probably are. And it's weird to me they haven't even said anything about it, but there you go... it's a weird band to begin with. I'm not making it bigger than it is, I'm sure we will hear about it sooner or later.

I understand that and my post wasnt directed at you personally, it was a broad comment but i think you get what i mean, its a weird band and you need to make weird concessions.

5 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

I understand that and my post wasnt directed at you personally, it was a broad comment but i think you get what i mean, its a weird band and you need to make weird concessions.

Exactly, but this is a GnR forum and it's normal for people to mention the secrecy and the ''big'' questions that are on the table right now, because heck... it beats talking about Axl's hair and Slash's ex wife or whatever.

4 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Exactly, but this is a GnR forum and it's normal for people to mention the secrecy and the ''big'' questions that are on the table right now, because heck... it beats talking about Axl's hair and Slash's ex wife or whatever.

True, new album would be a good one, Izzy and Steven I suppose is OK...but how is Slash and Axls relationship?  Thats kindaaaa...y'know.  And it ain't about just easy going fans like your good self, it's about the ones that feel this need to extemporise about a fair degree of puerile shit.

Not only that but, y'know, the day of the deep and searching interview has gone anyway, like supercool said, interviews these days, by and large, are a load of shit, it's a sign of the times, of star power, of artists looking at shit like 'yknow what?  I'm here to promote 'x', not answer questions about me', you see it all the time be it rockstars or movie stars, it ain't the era of those long searching interviews where you get stuff of value, they're really not that forthcoming anymore, interviewers are seen as a promotional tool, they can't really ask contentious questions.