Guns N' Roses - MTV Video Music Awards 2002 (Master Copy)

2 hours ago, supercool said:

madagascar is a good song.

but it wasn't a good idea to play it at the vma because it's too sad.

axl's voice isn't good, too weak, but he looked great, better than now (too fat).

This was less than a year after 9/11. Madagascar was perfect and IMO the only good thing about this performance.

back then i just thought: WTF?! Axl's hair, look, these freaks, his mickey voice, for a moment i even thought buckethead was slash with a mask, but then i was: NO WAY, this can not be slash...

nevertheless it was a performance that got me interested in GnR...and i downloaded the don't cry video...bought the albums...bought the tokio dvds....became a fan.

btw: could the guy who wanted to trade/sell the rehearsal video of this show finally release the video!? its worthless now...dude, you can't sell/trade it anymore. you waited too long. so if you're a fan upload it on youtube. thanks.

Edited by maxpax

7 minutes ago, Axls5thMetatarsel said:

Hadn't seen that in awhile. A couple moments in there where Axl found the slight rasp but yeah mostly Mickey looked lk he truly couldn't hear himself could have been worse as we all now know ( bridge )Energy looked insane

in one of the rehearsal clips you can see that axl had the same problem with the ear plug....i don't understand why he/them couldn't fix it....but even if his voice would have been great, it was still freakshow and the look of axl and the band was "WTF?!" i still was interested in this monstrosity.

14 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

Why is the master in 480p? Wat. 

This performance kick started my obsession with GN'R.

That scream on Jungle was beast, I fell in love with Madagascar, and the energy was incomparable. 

The 2002 band is so underrated even if Axl struggled through a lot of performances.

MTV probably wasn't shooting in HD back in 2002.

It was an absolute freak show for sure. Why did it look like everyone was expecting rain? Lol.

I've never seen this one before. (I didn't surf the net much back then, and certainly didn't watch mtv at that time- I was 32 and working about 70 hrs a week). I didn't think it was as horrible as everyone has made it out to be all these years. I get how shocking it would have been to see Bucket & Robin. And Axl was way out of shape. But it wasn't terrible. I'd have paid to go see that...

As a Raiders fan- I'd like to say: Axl! Bring back the Jerry Rice jersey!!! Or better yet, get a Tim Brown 81...