Guns N' Roses - MTV Video Music Awards 2002 (Master Copy)

The early 2000's look is the worst! For all of them! Specially Axl and Robin Finck.

the oversized shirts and pants were cringeworthy and looked bad on him, like he was trying to desexualize himself or something, hiding his body and sensuality he always had.

2006 looks is the best, except for the braids, but still better braids than the 2000's ones. I'm digging 2016 look a lot, but would definitely get rid of the hats, studded jackets and bandanas.

Axl is beautiful, put him on tight clothes and show his face. 

I've tried to erase this Performance from memory :lol:

since 2001 I've really not liked any of axls styles...not even in 2006.

I like how he looks now but I think he looks so much better in his offstage casual wear than the jackets and bling of onstage.

looks so much better when you can see his face. 

Edited by Chilliconcarne

16 minutes ago, Kater said:

I don't get it...how can anyone become a GNR fan after watching this?

I saw it, and my stomach turned upside down, heart started beating oddly and I couldn't breath...after everything seen and heard in 80's and 90's this was ultimate disaster.

I was really devastated after VMA's (which prepared me to even worse disasters in next 10+ years).

For anyone who was a diehard fan before this, it really was awful.  Their once favorite band became the butt of many jokes.  And it just became progressively worse with the cancelled tour and delayed CD release.  Not a fun time to be a Guns fan.  

Still painful to watch.  

• Like 3

Just now, Patience 4 Axl said:

Still painful to watch.  

This!

I'm still trying not to see and hear (don't know which is worse?) anything from this era.

I've spent days of my life trying to find an explanation for how things went so, so wrong...

All my axl based thoughts: I do wish the vocal performance had been better. I could deal with the clean voice if Axl had been able to keep up with the vocals. Unfortunately he was gassed after the opening scream and it was all downhill from there, aside from Madagascar. I did fall in love with Madagascar at this point, though, and wish the album version had vocals like these instead of the old man "ancient mariner" voice he used (although I get why he would use that one). Another thing I always like was "It's gonna bring you to your knees" in the 2nd (3rd?) chorus. Sounds so angry. It would probably be easier to do that than "shananana-nananana-nananana-knees at this point.

7 hours ago, Kater said:

I don't get it...how can anyone become a GNR fan after watching this?

I saw it, and my stomach turned upside down, heart started beating oddly and I couldn't breath...after everything seen and heard in 80's and 90's this was ultimate disaster.

I was really devastated after VMA's (which prepared me to even worse disasters in next 10+ years).

You know who else couldn't breath? AXL :lol:

6 hours ago, Chilliconcarne said:

It's because Axl wanted to be like limp bizkit...horrific! 

Rollin' (Orthopedic raid vehicle)

axl-rose-patinete.jpg

Edited by fanfzero
  • Like 2

I remember watching this live. My wife and I were dating and I was in her dorm room. When Jimmy Fallon introduced them jumping up and down , I was jumping up and down then I quickly realized "What the F*@#@ is this?". It was awful. I really thought it was going to be Slash, Duff, etc...

• Like 1

This performance was cool until Axl started the first verse. 2002 was what got me into GNR (in my late 20's), but this just isn't good. If you think it's good, you have to be basing it completely on nostalgia. 

CD era was intriguing, but the output doesn't even match the mystique. I'd much rather have what we have now. New album or not.

Edited by Ak1nney

On 2/5/2016 at 7:10 AM, Kater said:

This!

I'm still trying not to see and hear (don't know which is worse?) anything from this era.

I've spent days of my life trying to find an explanation for how things went so, so wrong...

Man, i hope you are joking here..

I was a "diehard" fan at the time and i was just happy that Axl was doing his thing again.

At first bucket shock me and hated Fink for his ridiculous look. But overall i enjoyed the performance.

Thanks for the video, now i hope that the rehearsals to leak!

20 hours ago, Russel Nash said:

Man, i hope you are joking here..

I was a "diehard" fan at the time and i was just happy that Axl was doing his thing again.

Well... not joking, and joking at the same time.

I was happy to see him again and had to watch it because there wasn't much other things to see (and hear).

Now, I'm happy again, because all of this is left behind and we have much more and better things on a plate  ;-) 

That has to go down as one of the worst performances in television history. It was definitely the worst in MTV history,

This is why I get upset when people use age to make excuses for Axl. He was only 39 in this performance. Today's Axl, despite some flaws, is 10000000 times better than this train wreck.

• Like 1