MTV's 'Unplugged' to Return This Year...so?

Wouldn't be great if GN'R recorded its own version? I can easily list many songs that would sound good in acoustics versions: November Rain, Street Of Dreams, Mr. Brownstone, Yesterdays, Don't Cry etc.. and I'm not even mentioning the already acoustic ones: You Ain't The First, Patience, Used To Love Her, One In A Million etc. 

And would be an excelent opportunity to have Izzy as a 3rd guitar player (as a guest), Steven on some songs, several guests: Alice Cooper, Sebastian Bach, Michael Monroe and so on. And of course, for the MTV Unplugged franchise, it would be killer a GN'R version of it!

What do you guys think of it?

Edited by jpduff
changes in title
  • Like 4

This is a movie that, if Guns did it, would awaken my interest.  In fact I'd like to see them do less obvious songs accoustically, you know they can do it, i thought the accoustic You're Crazy was one of the best vocal takes Axl ever did.  Hearing something like Brownstone accoustic would be really interesting.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jpduff said:

Wouldn't be great if GN'R recorded its own version? I can easily list many songs that would sound good in acoustics versions: November Rain, Street Of Dreams, Mr. Brownstone, Yesterdays, Don't Cry etc.. and I'm not even mentioning the already acoustic ones: You Ain't The First, Patience, Used To Love Her, One In A Million etc. 

And would be an excelent opportunity to have Izzy as a 3rd guitar player (as a guest), Steven on some songs, several guests: Alice Cooper, Sebastian Bach, Michael Monroe and so on. And of course, for the MTV Unplugged franchise, it would be killer a GN'R version of it!

What do you guys think of it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Len B'stard said:

This is a movie that, if Guns did it, would awaken my interest.  In fact I'd like to see them do less obvious songs accoustically, you know they can do it, i thought the accoustic You're Crazy was one of the best vocal takes Axl ever did.  Hearing something like Brownstone accoustic would be really interesting.

Well we do have this, it's pretty close to being fully acoustic

But I would be very interested to see the current band play an acoustic set

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

I'm pretty sure I've got acoustic Brwnstone. It's on a bootleg acoustic cd that's flying around. 

But yea good idea and looks like a job for Mr Izzy Stradlin. 

• Like 1

Imagine "One In A Million"? It would be awesome! "You Ain't The First" with Axl, Izzy and Duff singing together. In my opinion, MTV Unplugged could be a huge GNR celebration like Kiss' version, for example. 

And more: in acoustics songs, Axl can sing in lower levels which is good for his voice.

On 01/05/2016 at 10:03 PM, slash23579 said:

Well we do have this, it's pretty close to being fully acoustic

But I would be very interested to see the current band play an acoustic set

Yeah! Just imagine a version with Slash, Izzy and Steven...