Steven Adler live in Virginia

18 minutes ago, LikeADog93 said:

Here is a link to Steven's show last night in Virginia. The video is an hour long and the camera is on him the entire time. He's playing great!! He deserves to join the band for the summer North America tour.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10157091399840122

He hasn't been in the band in 26 years and Guns N'Roses has a drummer, I wouldn't say he deserves to be there. 

20 minutes ago, blackieloveless said:

maybe not deserves , but needed for sure for many songs which the new guy has no groove for .

I wouldn't necessarily say deserves either, but I think it would be great if he got to be included somehow.

Edited by sanity_lost
i suck at typing

50 minutes ago, blackieloveless said:

maybe not deserves , but needed for sure for many songs which the new guy has no groove for .

It depends what this GNR is supposed to be. If it's an Axl/Duff/Slash nostalgia tour, sure, use him for some songs. But if this is meant to be a current band, they have a drummer. Bringing him out as a special guest like they do with Bach would be fine if he could accept that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

It depends what this GNR is supposed to be. If it's an Axl/Duff/Slash nostalgia tour, sure, use him for some songs. But if this is meant to be a current band, they have a drummer. Bringing him out as a special guest like they do with Bach would be fine if he could accept that.

I agree 100%... Guest appearance for some AFD songs (the same goes for Izzy). But if you want GnR to move forward with new music/ album/ future, I don't think Adlers the man...

I'm as old school as they come. But there are plenty of dudes from my era still in 1988. I think Adler is one of those... 

Personally, I want GnR to conquer new ground in the next couple years. Meaning with this lineup. AFD was perfect but that era is gone.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Modano09 said:

Although Steven HAS put two albums out since Axl/Frank/Richard's last one lol.

• Like 1

I have a lot of respect for Steven, but here's my one problem. He still plays the same drum beats he did in 1987. I'm watching this live video of him and the fills and beats are the same on every song. Not saying Matt didn't do the same things on different songs, but I will always prefer him. I don't know, just a small observation. 

Thanks for sharing, this is awesome!! It's such a pleasure to see Steven play! :heart:

Maybe I'm just hearing it wrong but it seems to me that around 23:40 Jacob talks about Slash coming up to play on a song (Just Don't Ask) and he says they played him The One That You Hated and he said it was awesome. Just a little story, no big deal but I don't think they would mention Slash at all if things were bad between Steven and him. Was that really what Jacob said or am I hallucinating? :P

Edited by BorderlineCrazy
  • Like 1

Despite anything Steven was always so full of life and smiling. He comes across two ways to me. One is like he is the only and best drummer and the reason GnR was so huge. Two as very much a huge supporter and almost like a kid at the candy store when talking about GnR.

He's very proud of the band and rightly so. I love his free spirited ways but...

Your asking these guys to bring a guy back into the fold who sued them at one point in time. Before anyone brings up how others have sued Axl as well this was different. Steven had many drug issues and yes others did as well but it's also been clear that he has been clean on and off since then. The risk of bringing him back in full time and him relapsing as he has over and over is too high. Steven only knows the Appetite stuff. They do music from 3 other cds that Steven hasn't played on. Realistically he doeant fit full time.

Steven has said in his last many interviews where he's hoping to be asked back for this regrouping and even throws shade at current drummer, that Slash and Duff don't trust him and feel he can't or isn't clean. He never mentioned Axl or his opinion.

Axl always said he ultimately agreed with removing Steven but was reluctant and was the only one supportive of Steven and his many chances to stay in the band. Steven himself said Slash stopped talking to him or hanging with him even while he was still in the band. He of course said he used that in court to show it pushed him to do more drugs which I think is bs just like some have said Axl not showing up for recordings and later doing it on their own pushed them.  

Would you want to bring in a guy who may blame his relapse on you and Sue you again? 

I say the best scenario is some guest appearances. 

Slash and Duff have much more sober time then Steven and Steven likes to push blame everywhere. He is more fragile and sensitive when it comes to this stuff.

It's great to see him doing good and looking healthier 

15 hours ago, BOSSY78 said:

Steven only knows the Appetite stuff. They do music from 3 other cds that Steven hasn't played on. Realistically he doeant fit full time.

He knows the Appetite Stuff.. LIES stuff... Has played Civil War, Knockin On Heavens Door, Down On The Farm and Don't Cry all live. There are several UYI demos with him playing and he probably jammed most of the songs with the band at one point before they kicked him out.  I am sure he is capable of learning any other songs needed just like any other drummer does. 

In a perfect world they would drop the CD crap but I bet he would do a better job on those than Frank does on the Appetite stuff.

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 1