Slash band member comments on the "reunion"

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slashs-conspirators-bandmate-on-guns-n-roses-reunion-its-really-cool-to-see-those-guys-together/

Todd Kerns, the bassist for Slash's backing band, MYLES KENNEDY & THE CONSPIRATORS, has told Ear Of Newt that he is a "massive supporter" of Duff McKagan and a partial reunion" of the classic lineup of GUNS N' ROSES. He added: "You know, I saw them in [Las] Vegas. I saw the first official arena show, and it was awesome. 'Cause I know Duff, I know Slash, I know Dizzy [Reed], I know Richard [Fortus] — the other guitar player — so it's kinda like, getting to see these guys do this show was very sort of surreal."

He continued: "I'd never seen the original GUNS N' ROSES back in the day. So for me it was kinda like… of course Axl's [Rose] in a chair, 'cause he broke his foot, but it was great! It was really cool to see, it was really cool to hear the music, and really cool to see those guys together, you know."

Kerns previously told the "Eddie Trunk Podcast" about how the GUNS N' ROSES reunion has affected SLASH FEATURING MYLES KENNEDY & THE CONSPIRATORS' plans to record a new studio album: "We already knew we were kind of off for 2016, other than kind of maybe chipping away at… you know, bass and drums here. Even the way we had done 'World On Fire' was very piecemeal. We had done bass and drums and then Slash went off to do guitars on his own. This time, if everything goes according to plan, we will do exactly the same thing; it'll just probably be a little bit more broken up by Slash's schedule, essentially. You know, like anything else, I'm always aware that anything can change, anything can happen."

He continued: "We've always had a springtime plan to get into bass and drums recording. And we've already got an album-plus worth of music together.

"I think he's gonna go off and have this great experience and then we're gonna make this record. There's no reason to not make it or whatever other than scheduling getting really crazy, which, let's be honest, could happen, and I'm perfectly okay with that. I'm perfectly okay with just sort of playing it out and see what happens."

Slash's third solo album, "World On Fire", arrived in stores on September 16, 2014 via Slash's own label Dik Hayd International distributed through Roadrunner Records (Europe, Middle East, Africa and Latin America).

"World On Fire" was the second album to feature MYLES KENNEDY & THE CONSPIRATORS, and followed up 2012's "Apocalyptic Love".

On Slash self-titled solo effort he employed a different vocalist on each track, before settling on ALTER BRIDGE member Kennedy for both touring and eventually recording.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slashs-conspirators-bandmate-on-guns-n-roses-reunion-its-really-cool-to-see-those-guys-together/#1osd2gblltqCGJgO.99

Seems like a down to earth guy. I found it interesting he said Slash records his parts alone much like Axl gets criticized by some for doing. Didn't see this topic yet so hope it was ok to post it.

Edited by BOSSY78
smart phones suck
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bumble's Bridge Pickup said:

I disagree, these guys are getting old and who knows how many good vocal years Axl has left. The faster they get to the studio, the better

The fan perspective is always roses. The band themselves are not going "better get to the studio quick we dont know how much longer Axl can keep this up." Gotta be realistic here man. Slash also doesnt write good material on the fly in a day, he collects his ideas on tour and in rehearsals, he has tons of that time this summer tour.

• Like 1

If Axl sent Duff and Slash unfinished mixes for the ChiDem followup, they'd be done in a weekend. Someone who's been playing guitar for 35 years should be able to do a great solo in one take.

I'm sure someone will ask Slash about a new GNR album and he'll either answer it or give them a blank stare.  

7 hours ago, Rubicon said:

I'm pretty sure slash once said that "Apocalyptic love" was recorded with the whole band and the vocals were recorded separately.

So why did they change that on Wof?

There may be many reasons. One of them is Slash was playing both guitars on that album, so they couldn't do it the way they did Apocalyptic. I think he wanted to try different ideas, experiment with different guitars (which he hadn't done since the Illusions albums) and also do several takes on the solos until he and Elvis were satisfied with the result.

9 hours ago, xBrownstonex said:

I dont want slash to record another solo album. He should focus on the next GNR record

We don't know yet if Axl wants to do a new record. Also, Slash's album is pretty much written (maybe not the lyrics but that's not his thing anyway) so they just need to record it, I think it won't take him that much time.

I really hope there will be a new GNR record but it would be better to me if they worked on songs during the tour this year and had it ready for 2017. I don't want CD 2 (I'd like Axl to release it on his own, I'd love to hear the music), I want a new album written by these guys.

Edited by BorderlineCrazy

Yea we knew that Slash planned to record this album with them then tour it. What I noticed was Todd was saying his open to the fact that things may change and scheduling conflicts may push it back.

To me it gives some small hints on where others close to band members see this going.

As far as the Slash recording comments even recently Axl was being berated or got fingers shook at him for not being in rehearsals even.  To me it was clear they were rehearsing some CD stuff learning those so Axl didn't need to be there.

But learning that he records separately was interesting. He made it seem like it was how they normally do it too. I personally have no issues with the fact that Axl recorded seperatly nor Slash, though I must say it's slightly harder to imagine the guitarist recording solo then the singer when it comes to bands.

My only issue is many made a big deal Axl did it, Slash being one of the ones who complained or brought it up.

Wasn't it said they would record their parts then send it to Axl who then chose what he wanted and wrote and added his parts?

Someone mentioned the fact he may want to work with different guitara, which could be possible.

I loved Apocalyptic Love and personally thought Wof was a little bit too much focused on the special things Slash tried here (sorry for not going into details but it's kinda hard to explain in English)

Anyway, I'm not sure I need another GNR record without Izzy. I ignored CD so far... 

Just my 2 cents.

9 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Interesting that Todd knows Richard. I wonder if that's how his name came into the mix when we heard that Slash had wanted him for his solo band.

I caught that too. It makes sense. Which is another reason why people hollering about Slash not wanting him there never made sense. Slash wanted to work with him before so he had a respect for him at least.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

You're like the chick who got together with her boyfriend a week ago and is already planning the marriage. Slow down there

no man, don't. 'cause ya know...., it was probably way overdue 

3 hours ago, BOSSY78 said:

I caught that too. It makes sense. Which is another reason why people hollering about Slash not wanting him there never made sense. Slash wanted to work with him before so he had a respect for him at least.

No one has any proof of this anywhere except when Fortus was spouting off and talking shit about Slash. He could have made it up for all anyone knows.

It's interesting how things change.  It wasn't all that long ago that Slash complained that UYI was done piecemeal and shotgun blues was the only one they did in the studio together.  I guess he's comfortable with that now.

• Like 1

I'm thinking if things go well with gnr we may not hear anything from the conspirators for awhile. If things are shitty with gnr then conspirators are back. Why would Slash work clubs when he can work stadiums? 

15 hours ago, DeadSlash said:

It's interesting how things change.  It wasn't all that long ago that Slash complained that UYI was done piecemeal and shotgun blues was the only one they did in the studio together.  I guess he's comfortable with that now.

I'm pretty sure he just said Shotgun Blues was the only song where Axl was in the studio while he laid down the solo, and it was a different "vibe" while he recorded it compared to all the other songs because of that

16 hours ago, Babooshka said:

What did Fortus say about Slash?

No one knows. It was documented tho that Slash wanted Fortus in his band, according to Richard. He posted it on his Facebook in 2013, just can't find it on here but I did see it here awhile back. 

• Like 1