Slash band member comments on the "reunion"

And even if he were telling the whole truth with that post, it's not like he even specified when Slash asked or even for what band? Was it before Richard got hired by Axl? Could it had been for the 2000 version of Snakepit? 

I've seen too many people jump on this statement like Slash not only wanted Fortus, but wanted to steal him from Axl's clutches pretty much out of spite. There's really just too many unanswered variables to determine either way.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Bobbo said:

And even if he were telling the whole truth with that post, it's not like he even specified when Slash asked or even for what band? Was it before Richard got hired by Axl? Could it had been for the 2000 version of Snakepit? 

I've seen too many people jump on this statement like Slash not only wanted Fortus, but wanted to steal him from Axl's clutches pretty much out of spite. There's really just too many unanswered variables to determine either way.

I believe his statement but never thought it was while he was with GnR. I assumed it was before as I said. But Fortus gives no time frame for it. I assume before because I'm giving Slash the benefit that he wouldn't try to steal Fortus. So yea I'm with you on that one.

On May 6, 2016 at 4:41 PM, BOSSY78 said:

Oh I agree on a whole in that particular incident he wanted to play with the whole group which included Fortus. Fortus declined to share the stage with him. Which from my understanding Slash wanted Fortus before he joined GnR. Though I can't find ugh to back that up. I do however believe his statement of Slash wanting Fortus. 

If that's true it was back when Slash was forming a band with the black crowed drummer. Pre-THE Project/VR. Before they played that the Randy Castillo benefit show with Izzy and Steven Tyler.

but I think Richard was already in GNR.

unless Slash wanted him for his first solo record or before forming the conspirators 

Edited by Top-Hatted One