The possibility of the most lucrative tour in the history

Befitting the world's most dangerous band and 'the boys who will bring you the most chaotic tour of 2016', as well as one of the greatest rock bands ever(for me the greatest) I ponder the possibility of bestowing the title of the most lucrative tour ever upon the very band that is Guns N' Roses. Pardon me for my profound and stylistic approach...

Anyway, putting aside the mere thought of GnR reunion which made me breathless and couldn't be more in awe about it, and stuff as - 'enjoy it while you can' - I am actually and the band itself is more important than everything (l'art pour l'art) I came across a peripheral and random thought... could this be possible? I mean it is befitting the best band ever and I assume most of you would be proud of an achievement like this..

So in a nutshell - if GnR made 6.2 mil$ in Vegas from roughly 30 000 tickets... If they manage to sell out roughly 60 000 tickets - which means 12.4 mil$ per a date with current ticket prices - multiply with 25 concerts so far - it amounts to 310 mil$ only from US.. :drool: Like what??? I said ROUGHLY so feel free to lessen it to let's say... - 250 mil$..

Now we get to like 15 concerts in South America and 25 in Europe and like 15 in Asia and Australia - thats 55 times with cheaper ticket prices (let's say not 12 mil $ like in US but 6mil$ across the globe) - which amounts to 330 mil$... ALL together it is like over 600mil$!!!! AND THAT IS ONLY THE FIRST RUN OF THE TOUR!!!!! Here we go kick the U2 of the position No.1!

Any THOUGHTS??????

No argue there.. Ive been saying that since february. If gnr completes the world tour, this would be the most lucrative tour in music history. ( and it will be a récord number almost imposible to break)

And think on this:  if they put out a new álbum ?? Bigger, and if they get some top 10 charts hit ( it doesnt have to be number 1, just somewhere on the top 10),  maybe a song for a movie as well.. If that happens??  Well, bye bye CRAPY music industry se have right now.

Plus gnr is slowly bringin back rock n roll to the real place it belongs. ( u guys think hollywood vampires played at the grammys because of joe perry or alice cooper or deep?? .. And even was the " big coming atraction" of the night)

Not surprise. We're talking about. GUNS N' ROSES

• Like 1

I think the average ticket price for this tour will be around $125. (Just basing this on similar tours' price points). Remember, a large portion of the stadiums is $50-$100 per seat.

60,000 tickets for each concert is too high I think, we're looking at average capacity of about 53,000. I have researched this, and base the number on previous end-stage concerts of other artists at the same venues.

24 shows have been announced so far.

This adds up to a gross revenue of $159,000,000

Add Las Vegas and Mexico City (I'm guessing about $16,000,000 combined), we'll end up at $175,000,000 in revenue for the known shows to date.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spirit said:

This adds up to a gross revenue of $159,000,000

I took Vegas ticket prices into consideration...review my post... I think it;s closer to that than this...

2 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

They will need to profit $11,000,000 per show for 70 shows to be #1.

they will profit 12mil per show if everything is according to my initial post based on what we have got so far...

Just now, scooby845 said:

I took Vegas ticket prices into consideration...review my post... I think it;s closer to that than this...

they will profit 12mil per show if everything is according to my initial post based on what we have got so far...

The Vegas shows were generally much more expensive than the stadium shows.

The average ticket price there was over $200, that's not the case with the stadium tour.

3 minutes ago, Spirit said:

The Vegas shows were generally much more expensive than the stadium shows.

The average ticket price there was over $200, that's not the case with the stadium tour.

So lets say they make $8 million a show...they will then need to do between 95-100 shows and if they only make $6 million a show they will need to do 130 shows.

Just now, IncitingChaos said:

So lets say they make $8 million a show...they will then need to do between 95-100 shows and if they only make $6 million a show they will need to do 130 shows.

Yeah, between 6 and 7 million dollars is the most realistic number I think.

Everyone knows South America will be the last stop of they go over seas...and they are going to have no problem in that market. If we get a pro shot from the stadium tour I hope it's with a South American audience. 

But if they are close to the record by the time they reach SA then I think they could do back to back  bookings like Mexico City...however 100 shows is a lot! Realistically I think they can do between 60-80 

6 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

100 shows is not that much..if you make it over the span of 2 years... GnR played in 2010 75 shows!!!

I think the biggest difference is the stadium tours takes away from a lot of smaller arena shows. Instead of playing more places so more fans can see them the stadium tour basically is saying the fans need to come to where the band is. So they are playing these huge stadiums but it's taking away smaller market shows. 1 stadium show is the equivalent to doing 3 big arena venues. Now 75 shows in 2010 is more like 25 in 2016 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Everyone knows South America will be the last stop of they go over seas...and they are going to have no problem in that market. If we get a pro shot from the stadium tour I hope it's with a South American audience. 

I think if they're planning on doing outdoor venues for the whole tour, it would make sense to hit South America, Asia and Oceania after this North American run. Then Europe next summer.

I'm thinking outside temperatures here.

• Like 1

It will happen.  When they finishes the world tour, numbers are gonna to confirm our words.   Theyre gonna break some records.

What a great time to be fan of the ( afther 20 years theyre doing it again) the greatest band in the world 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SEPTEM said:

It will happen.  When they finishes the world tour, numbers are gonna to confirm our words.   Theyre gonna break some records.

What a great time to be fan of the ( afther 20 years theyre doing it again) the greatest band in the world 

It's certainly possible.

I can imagine them ending up doing around 40 shows total this year. I predict Axl will go do the remaining AC/DC dates in the fall, after the US GNR tour, and that will take about a month. Then about 10 stadium dates in South America for GNR sometime before Christmas.

If they then head to Asia (Japan really) and Australia in the new year, I can see them doing around 12-13 stadium dates there.

Then Europe, starting around May. Around 30 stadium dates maybe?

To hit the record, I assume they need to come close to about 120 stadium shows with an average of 6-7 million dollars revenue. At this point they would be at 80-85 shows.

If they do an arena run next in North America and Europe, plus stadiums again in South America it could do it. They would need to hit an higher show total though, if they mix in some arena runs – Around 150-160 shows total probably. We would be looking at the summer of 2018 as the end of the tour.

Remember, U2 has the record by doing stadiums exclusively. They did 110 shows, but the average attendance at each concert was 66,000. GN'R can never hit that number because U2 did their shows in the round, filling up every seat in the stadium plus the field.