The Seeker - You're Crazy / Dead Flowers - Used To Love Her

The first notes and rhythm of those 2 songs are too alike. I even try to sing you're crazy with the music of the seeker and it fits, atleast the first part of the song.

I don't think they are plagios ...just inspiration.

I just noticed that even the lyrics on you're crazy and the seeker are kinda similar 

You're crazy:
I been lookin' for a trace
Lookin' for a heart
Lookin' for a lover in a world

The seeker:
I looked under chairs 
I looked under tables

Same with Dead Flowers and Used to love her 

I think when the band starts playing dead flowers on the skin and bones tour people thought it was used to love her ...

What do ya people think ?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Freightrain said:

Same with Dead Flowers and Used to love her 

I think when the band starts playing dead flowers on the skin and bones tour people thought it was used to love her ...

What do ya people think ?

People definitely thought they were playing Used To Love her when they start Dead Flowers.  I was playing one of those shows in my car last week and my cousin thought it was Used To Love Her at first. They have pretty much the same strumming patter just one different chord. UTLH is DAGA if I recall and Dead Flowers is DAGD..

• Like 1

Dead Flowers and UTLH do sound similar, at first... 

The song that reminds me of another song though, is the outro of My World, and Bjork's Army of Me...

Wasn't going to include links, but I still love that Bjork music video!  and her song credits as a sample...

• Like 2

You're Crazy and the Seeker are definitely similar. It threw me off when I saw them a few years back and didn't know they played seeker lol. It's literally the same chord progression throughout to an extent 

Edited by KiernanProud
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

People definitely thought they were playing Used To Love her when they start Dead Flowers.  I was playing one of those shows in my car last week and my cousin thought it was Used To Love Her at first. They have pretty much the same strumming patter just one different chord. UTLH is DAGA if I recall and Dead Flowers is DAGD..

Well, and I mean to be fair, that is like literally the most common strumming pattern of all time probably. 

• Like 1

I only realised Jungle is kind of Van Halenesque and Paradise City is a bit like For Those About to Rock meets that Neil Young cover of Don't let it Bring You Down. Patience is basically a remake of Wild Horses. Suppose November Rain is Elton John meets Queen. I think 14 Years has similar cords to Sweet Home Alabama. Chi dem is Boston's More than a Feeling played by an army of chickens. 

Do I do think Slash has a unique style and songs like Easy, OTGM, My Michelle, Rocket Queen, One in a Million, There was a Time are hard to put in a box. The good thing about a true melting pot is you can't pin the songs down so they are by definition something new and can't be easily dismissed. Hard rock or classic rock injected with punk sleaze was something new in 87 but they still transdended those styles. You might hear early Stones and Aerosmith in Nightrain but I can't say it's sounds like either, it aounds like Guns N Roses. 

• Like 1

I play a mashup of Dead Flowers/UTLH at gigs. So similar so works well.

Oddly enough had also considered putting The Seeker and You're Crazy together aswell. Surprised Guns haven't tried something similar. Mix it up a bit.

• Like 1

People seem to forget that music has always been like this, one artist was influenced by another and so on, of course blatant plagiarism is bad but thats not the case, even  the band said they were inspired by aerosmith, queen, elton john(axl) rolling stones.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Philipm787 said:

Guns knew exactly what they were doing. Musicians are thieves, and they did it fucking brilliantly.

I'm in a rock n roll band , and i don't think all musicians are thieves , well maybe zeppelin in the early years.

In fact i'm gonna use this post to show my bandmates we can still work on a song that have a lil' vibe to Sympathy for the devil at the beginning, but after that it turns to a whole different tune (like the seeker and you're crazy).
And it's not stealing unless you're intentionally copying something from other artist

how many fuckin' notes are out there to use?? ... not so many combination really.

7 minutes ago, CheapJon said:

I guess you've never heard the version on AFD?

yes i have, but still .. to me ...not even close

Edited by Freightrain

17 minutes ago, CheapJon said:

You're telling me that you hear no similarities in the riff on AFD You're Crazy and Thin Lizzy's Cold Sweat?

Because it's the same riff, played faster by GNR. :lol: Still not even close?

I just don't see what you're seeing (hearing) 
It's not the same riff i can tell you that , and i think the seeker as i said earlier in this post is almost identical in the beginning of the song , this one ... not even close , ha!

32 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

bPp4ofu.gif

Yo, it's about that time to bring forth the cheaters and scammers who are ripping of GnR. 

I want to bring information to the entire nation. Black, white, red, brown - they all need to feel it. 

Come on Powerage. Feel it.

These other bands need to stop ripping off our Axl and write their own stuff.