Steven Adler - Silence Speaks Louder than Words?

It has been speculated for a while now whether or no Popcorn will have any role in the reunion tour. I believe he is hired and already has a job with the GNR now.

Reason to believe? The fact he hasn't spoken or said anything about the reunion. 

All members who are NOT part of the reunion came out and said it ( Matt, Ashba, Gilby, Izzy) , while all those who are involved, have not said a word about it to the press (axl, slash, duff, STEVEN, ) etc.

This might have already been covered before, if so feel free to delete this thread, but it makes sense. 

Hope to see him at the Toronto show!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Also, Izzy said he wasn't involved in the "April shows", so maybe the AFD 5 will be on the US leg or even the full tour... 

Well there weren't any other shows announced when he said that, so I wouldn't read too much into that.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, stella said:

I don't think the silence says anything about his involvement. Matt Sorum was quiet until April and Gilby Clarke has been, too. It didn't mean they were hired.

He's a loud mouth. He is getting paid or he's involved some how. Matt and Gilby have more self restraint than Steven. I disagree with this. Steven would have went straight to the press if he was shut out of it  immediately.

22 minutes ago, PITBOSS said:

He's a loud mouth. He is getting paid or he's involved some how. Matt and Gilby have more self restraint than Steven. I disagree with this. Steven would have went straight to the press if he was shut out of it  immediately.

Getting paid or threatened by GnR's legal team would be my guess. For all we know they could have gone to all the former members and given them a payoff not to say anything before the April gigs to preserve some element of surprise. It would explain why the others were also quiet.

Or, Steven's minding his ps and qs in the hopes that good behavior will help his case.

There's been no indication from anyone associated with the band officially that he's at all involved and several people have said he's probably not going to be a part of it.

Edited by stella
  • Like 2

Plus not to sound mean or anything,  but even from a financial perspective,   even if he is being offered less than the " Principal Members" gees probably getting paid more than he would be playing M3 festival and small bars and such.  Another motivating factor?  Probably he'll be there 

11 minutes ago, foxmulder said:

Plus not to sound mean or anything,  but even from a financial perspective,   even if he is being offered less than the " Principal Members" gees probably getting paid more than he would be playing M3 festival and small bars and such.  Another motivating factor?  Probably he'll be there 

I don't think money is an issue with Steven he has said he'd play with GnR for free....I wouldn't take that literally of course, but it's more likely the Izzy situation is about money as compared to Adler.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Also, Izzy said he wasn't involved in the "April shows", so maybe the AFD 5 will be on the US leg or even the full tour... 

Did he say "April shows" or "at this point"? there's a difference right there.

"At this point in time, I will not be playing at any of the April 2016 GNR shows,"

8 minutes ago, mikebones said:

Did he say "April shows" or "at this point"? there's a difference right there.

That's a quote from rolling stone itself. He said only the April shows, he also said "at this point in time". It's not like Izzy is banned from anything GNR related, I think gnr wants him to work but he's on strike. Hopefully both sides can work something out.

Edited by Billsfan

3 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

"At this point in time, I will not be playing at any of the April 2016 GNR shows,"

That's a quote from rolling stone itself. He said only the April shows, he also said "at this point in time". It's not like Izzy is banned from anything GNR related, I think gnr wants him to work but he's on strike. Hopefully both sides can work something out.

OK! I was thinking about his first tweets, when he texted "at this point". Well, Fortus is in for the summer tour anyway... hope to see the guy as a guess and then step forward for the place.

11 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

You have to take into account when he wrote that. There were no other GNR shows scheduled except for those, and it appears Izzy didn't know if there were any more shows just like the public, I believe that's the reason he wrote just wrote "April shows". I think he knew about as much about a possible tour as the next guy at that point in time.

57 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

Guns N Roses, with special guests The Hollywood Vampires, Izzy Stradlin and the Ju Ju Hounds, and Adler.  Problem solved, lol.

I would add Slash and the conspirators to this... The call it "The friends with Guns Tour"... really I'd go see that tour.

1 minute ago, challenger70rt said:

I would add Slash and the conspirators to this... The call it "The friends with Guns Tour"... really I'd go see that tour.

We might as well go all the way with this and add LA Guns to the list!

25 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

You have to take into account when he wrote that. There were no other GNR shows scheduled except for those, and it appears Izzy didn't know if there were any more shows just like the public, I believe that's the reason he wrote just wrote "April shows". I think he knew about as much about a possible tour as the next guy at that point in time.

Doubtful...there was clear existence of people having knowledge of a summer US stadium tour as early as January (if not earlier honestly).  If he is not participating and has negotiated with the band at some point after January I'm sure he knew of the skeleton of what would be going on going forward.

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 1

So, let me get this straight. We get our reunion/reformation/regrouping (choose what you want to call it), and people actually suggest to bring out bloody Conspirators  and LA Guns to the line up?