Steven Adler - Silence Speaks Louder than Words?

1 hour ago, challenger70rt said:

Adler is soooo much better of a drummer then Frank, it's not even funny. Additionally, I don't know what all you NuGnR people are afraid of? Theres nothing on the face of this earth thats gonna blow up this tour at this point. Cat's out of the bag, the money thats on the line here is soooo huge, no one is going to pull out of it at this point. Adler is the rightful drummer for a GnR reunion. He wants it worse then anyone else in that organization and goddamn it, he deserves a second chance. If he starts shooting junk again, or going off the rails then they kick him out again. Simple as that. Although if I'm being realistic, I think a little debauchery and illicit substances could be just what this GnR tour needs. I mean for fucks sake, wheres the animosity, the danger, the torn up hotel rooms? Fuck man, they've played six shows and not had one flippin' riot yet. Now I know all you bleeding hearts are gonna flame all over me, because its 2016 and how dare you suggest such a thing, but you can't argue with this: you got the best music this band ever produced when everyone was fucked up n fucked in the head crazy.

I think that's the point, Steven puts the tour in jepardy and doesn't put bums on seats. It's all ready sold out. Only really die hard fans give a shit about the exqusite chemistry. Shit most people saw the UYI tour with Matt. Part of the reason Steven was out was because he wasn't reliable. He's still not for a 3mil a show world tour. That's not to say he can't play great shows. It's just a risk no one wants to take at this point, and in light of even his revent comments, we wouldn't have got Coma because said he'd only play AFD and CW. Poor attitude, he should be saying I'm all in with GNR, even CD like Slash and Duff. 

I still would love the AFD to do a tour or residency. Something a little less risky maybe. Once they got 20 mil in the bank maybe he'll be in for a guest spot at least? 

But I like the current line up for a record. The old AFD line up would be hard pressed to top AFD so it's more forward thinking to make another full scope GNR record. Not to diminish AFD's important but the live shows reflect that GNR has more than one significant album. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

I can't get any of you Adler fans for wanting him to be in GNR reunion? like what's so exciting about it?

Frank is doing a perfect job in the band and honestly he's way more better on playing GNR tracks than any other former GNR drummers.

LOL

either you haven't heard the original songs in a while, so you don't remember them correctly or you didn't hear Frank's Drums on this tour. What is it?

23 hours ago, PITBOSS said:

He's a loud mouth. He is getting paid or he's involved some how. Matt and Gilby have more self restraint than Steven. I disagree with this. Steven would have went straight to the press if he was shut out of it  immediately.

I agree, there is no way he wouldn't be talking right now if he wasn't already paid or had something in the works.  He must have had a ton of requests for interviews.

I like Use Your Illusion I and II, Spaghetti Incident and Chinese Democracy. I would like to continue hearing songs from those albums. I am not a fan of the idea of 13 song concerts. I'm okay with Frank since Steven is bitter and won't learn new (25 year old) songs.

Edited by GnRDuff1

4 minutes ago, GnRDuff1 said:

I like Use Your Illusion I and II, Spaghetti Incident and Chinese Democracy. I would like to continue hearing songs from those albums. I am not a fan of the idea of 13 song concerts. I'm okay with Frank since Steven is bitter and won't learn new (25 year old) songs.

oh he told you he won't learn them?

3 hours ago, blackrose87 said:

oh he told you he won't learn them?

Yeah that's kind of my thought, I know what Steven said about playing on the AFD stuff, but I think that's being misinterpreted. I don't think he was saying he would ONLY play that stuff, but he was meaning more to the effect of, he would LIKE to play that stuff and if they wanted someone else to play the other stuff he was just fine with that. More of a "get along-compromise--keep everybody happy" type attitude. Basically, I think he was saying he didn't want to step on anyone's toes.

i really hope that Steven n Matt can be in!!!! Will be awesome do the "same" shit again!!!! Southamerican Tour with Sorum.... USA with some Adler.... etc.... make the shit again! Call Izzy too.... why not?????

Surprise me motherfuckers!!!!

15 hours ago, GnR_Stockholm said:

Wow, this was a new one for me.... Have you guys heard it before? What the f**k is he saying about Duff and Slash? Can it be true?

See, that came off to me like his usual finger pointing. Slash and Duff are mean to him because they have the nerve to not believe he's sober, even though last time one of them reached out to him he went off on a bender, but Duff maybe had a right to be mad at him, but he's sober now, for real, really, really this time, but nobody believes him because Duff is judgmental. It's not because he grew up and has been sober for 20 years it's because he forget where he came from and looks down on poor Steven. 

13 hours ago, challenger70rt said:

Adler is soooo much better of a drummer then Frank, it's not even funny. Additionally, I don't know what all you NuGnR people are afraid of? Theres nothing on the face of this earth thats gonna blow up this tour at this point. Cat's out of the bag, the money thats on the line here is soooo huge, no one is going to pull out of it at this point. Adler is the rightful drummer for a GnR reunion. He wants it worse then anyone else in that organization and goddamn it, he deserves a second chance. If he starts shooting junk again, or going off the rails then they kick him out again. Simple as that. Although if I'm being realistic, I think a little debauchery and illicit substances could be just what this GnR tour needs. I mean for fucks sake, wheres the animosity, the danger, the torn up hotel rooms? Fuck man, they've played six shows and not had one flippin' riot yet. Now I know all you bleeding hearts are gonna flame all over me, because its 2016 and how dare you suggest such a thing, but you can't argue with this: you got the best music this band ever produced when everyone was fucked up n fucked in the head crazy.

What makes Adler the "rightful" drummer? He recorded 1 album and was thrown out a good 6 years before the rest of the band imploded. He was thrown out for good reason and blamed everyone but himself for it. He's been a trainwreck off and on for the last 26 years, including 3 years ago when Duff took him on tour with him. The only reason some people think he's even a possibility is because his friends rejoined the band, not because of anything he himself did in 26 years to show he could pull himself together for an extended period of time. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, venomize said:

GNR posted a modified cross logo 4/23 on Twitter, with just Axl, Slash & Duff, and a middle finger where Izzy's skull once was. Anyone think this was a subtle jab at Izzy and/or Steven? :)

No, because it was designed by a fan who came out here and said he made it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GnRDuff1 said:

Steven played on half of the last setlist either live or in the studio... Never mind all the UYI demos he was on. He could and would play whatever they wanted regardless of the comment he made last year.  Everyone in the band has made comments in the past that they have totally changed their tune too at this point. 

6 hours ago, challenger70rt said:

Yeah that's kind of my thought, I know what Steven said about playing on the AFD stuff, but I think that's being misinterpreted. I don't think he was saying he would ONLY play that stuff, but he was meaning more to the effect of, he would LIKE to play that stuff and if they wanted someone else to play the other stuff he was just fine with that. More of a "get along-compromise--keep everybody happy" type attitude. Basically, I think he was saying he didn't want to step on anyone's toes.

Exactly.. More specifically, he probably didn't want to step on Matt's toes.. He wasn't being "bitter" as some have insinuated.

4 hours ago, Modano09 said:

What makes Adler the "rightful" drummer? He recorded 1 album and was thrown out a good 6 years before the rest of the band imploded. 

And LIES.. Another Gn'R classic.. EP or not, it is 8 songs.. 8 fucking awesome songs..

And more like 3 years. The band didn't do shit after 93.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

And LIES.. Another Gn'R classic.. EP or not, it is 8 songs.. 8 fucking awesome songs..

And also lest we forget, he actually played much of the Illusion stuff live, and Sorum used a good bit of his live takes on this stuff for his own parts on recording those same songs. What makes Ferrer the rightful drummer? Recording two tracks on CD and butchering his parts on half the live set?

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

It would be nuts to see the band and steven play Reckless Life and Move To The City

23 minutes ago, challenger70rt said:

And also lest we forget, he actually played much of the Illusion stuff live, and Sorum used a good bit of his live takes on this stuff for his own parts on recording those same songs. What makes Ferrer the rightful drummer? Recording two tracks on CD and butchering his parts on half the live set?

But maaaaan, he was loyal to our Axl!! Also he doesn't get drunk or high, he plays as if he was heavily drunk AND high at the same time but he's actually clean and.... ehhh... he has a cool beard...

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• Like 1

At this point I think there's a lot of wishful thinking going on. Not a single person who is legitimately associated with the band has said that Adler's involved. The two insiders who confirmed his back injury (but not "surgery") did not say he was doing anything with GnR, and one of them was actually quite pessimistic about Adler's chances. The notorious drumstick photos weren't the brand that *any* of the GnR - related drummers use right now (Adler and Frank are publicly endorsed by Vater). None of the GnR camp have reached out to Adler publicly. Yes, he's been very, very quiet on social media, and that's unusual for him, but so has just about everyone else surrounding GnR when it comes to band-related stuff, whether they're in or out. Please, Slash does almost nothing but post monster photos, and he's *in* the band.

Without making any judgment on who should play what, or the merits of the various drummers' skills as musicians, or Adler's past actions, or whatever...because nobody's ever going to agree on any that and it just riles people up...there's nothing of substance at all that would indicate that Adler is involved.

10 hours ago, challenger70rt said:

This.

I recall him saying, at some point in time possibly around RRHOF, something along the lines of sharing drumming duties with Matt. Steve playing AFD tunes & Matt playing UYI. It was very much in the spirit of compromise & inclusion, not at all to be interpreted as "I will only play AFD tunes. 

Regardless of what fans of the new band think, Steve was around for & contributed to the sound of the real 'GnR'. AFD, Lies & there were songs on UYI that had been around since AFD & others that Steve would have worked on & jammed before he got the boot.

If Steve is honest to goodness almost two years sober & can prove that through the consistency of his actions, he will be apart of this at some point. It will speak to Slash & Duffs sobriety.