Steven Adler - Silence Speaks Louder than Words?

51 minutes ago, EvH said:

So, let me get this straight. We get our reunion/reformation/regrouping (choose what you want to call it), and people actually suggest to bring out bloody Conspirators  and LA Guns to the line up?

Why not have LA Guns?

2 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Doubtful...there was clear existence of people having knowledge of a summer US stadium tour as early as January (if not earlier honestly).  If he is not participating and has negotiated with the band at some point after January I'm sure he knew of the skeleton of what would be going on going forward.

I just dont buy he wrote "April shows" because he planned to appear in the summer shows after all. It makes no sense.. IMO its because he just didnt know about other ones

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, EvH said:

So, let me get this straight. We get our reunion/reformation/regrouping (choose what you want to call it), and people actually suggest to bring out bloody Conspirators  and LA Guns to the line up?

Conspirators opening for GNR. That would be hilarious and actually pretty sick in itself lol. But not gonna happen I think. Maybe AB will open for them at some point and then Myles makes a special appearance with GNR, that would be great.

I can't get any of you Adler fans for wanting him to be in GNR reunion? like what's so exciting about it?

Frank is doing a perfect job in the band and honestly he's way more better on playing GNR tracks than any other former GNR drummers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Billsfan said:

1 minute ago, ©GnrPersia said:

I can't get any of you Adler fans for wanting him to be in GNR reunion? like what's so exciting about it?

Frank is doing a perfect job in the band and honestly he's way more better on playing GNR tracks than any other former GNR drummers

Ashba was doing a perfect job too. Axl is doing a perfect job too in acdc, it's just that, he's not yhe natural guy who wrote the songs and did the original work. Adler is a part of classic GNR history, with all the cowbell he gave the band a unique sound, which all drummers after have just imitated when playing the songs. He's the real deal, atleast for all AFD songs

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I just dont buy he wrote "April shows" because he planned to appear in the summer shows after all. It makes no sense.. IMO its because he just didnt know about other ones

I'm not saying he planned to appear in the summer or not.  My guess though is he knew he would not be involved in the April shows at that point and his statement on Twitter was leveraging for future shows.

As you said it is all guess work and speculation for the most part either way :)

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! lol :lol:

Holy shit you are funny.. Honestly, that was the funniest thing I have heard in a long time. Seriously, thanks for that..

NuGnR fans standards are so low..

I left that one for you to speak to :)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Frank is doing a perfect job in the band and honestly he's way more better on playing GNR tracks than any other former GNR drummers.

Are you Frank??:blink::lol:

• Like 3

I just don't think adding Adler to the mix is a good idea. Has anyone actually followed him and listened to him in the past 26 years? Do you think adding that to what could be a combustible situation is a good idea?

Forget what he adds to 30% of the setlist to the 10% that care on stage, it's off stage he could be a problem. He's shown no ability in 26 years to remain sober, he always seemed like he desperately wanted to re-live the old days and he's an obnoxious loud mouth that's bound to piss someone (Axl) off. 

Edited by Modano09
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

I just don't think adding Adler to the mix is a good idea. Has anyone actually followed him and listened to him in the past 26 years? Do you think adding that to what could be a combustible situation is a good idea?

Forget what he adds to 30% of the setlist to the 10% that care on stage, it's off stage he could be a problem. He's shown no ability in 26 years to remain sober, he always seemed like he desperately wanted to re-live the old days and he's an obnoxious loud mouth that's bound to piss someone (Axl) off. 

Just a few months ago. Frank better? I dont think so mate.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

you're abslutely right. thanks for setting the record straight. we all got caught up in our silly nostalgia craze, but now we're back on our feet. please post more of your observations on this tour. i will await them with patience.

Edited by action
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

If you look at the last setlist he actually played 50% of those songs with Guns live before.. There really isn't anything else on there he couldn't handle anyway. You just hate the dude for some reason. Plenty have followed him or listened to him. I saw him a couple times and it was great. He has posted recent videos showing that he can play better than ever. I have hung out with him a couple times and he was anything but obnoxious. He was actually one of the nicest most sincere dudes I have ever met.

All that said, he would come with a certain risk. That's why you write his contract to pay him after.  These guys were all fucked up... Slash was still shooting shit up during Velvet Revolver which wasn't that long ago. 

I think it would be incredible to see him up there but I would be happy with anyone that that kicked ass. If Frank came out blowing people away or at least not blatantly screwing shit up most would be happy. But he isn't.. I was never a huge fan of Sorum but apparently I never gave him enough credit.  I would love to see him involved now over what they have.

7 minutes ago, andy_rose said:

Just a few months ago. Frank better? I dont think so mate.

Does anyone have the really recent video of him doing My Michelle?

• Like 3

I wouldn't question Stevens drumming abilities on the songs he should be playing. I would question his behavior, sure. The fact that he was fucked up so recently while on tour with Duff is really bad.

Personally, I really like Frank, but to me that is completely beside the point. Steven should be involved. I 100% agree with Tom Ass and other posters there. There's no reason why he shouldn't be given the chance to at least guest on several songs a night. If he screws up and gets back on substamces, then there's Frank there to just do all the remaining songs.

I still believe Steven is involved. I think the back injury happened. It explains the past cancelled shows and his silence. Let's hope he is there for the tour kickoff

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

If you look at the last setlist he actually played 50% of those songs with Guns live before.. There really isn't anything else on there he couldn't handle anyway. You just hate the dude for some reason. Plenty have followed him or listened to him. I saw him a couple times and it was great. He has posted recent videos showing that he can play better than ever. I have hung out with him a couple times and he was anything but obnoxious. He was actually one of the nicest most sincere dudes I have ever met.

All that said, he would come with a certain risk. That's why you write his contract to pay him after.  These guys were all fucked up... Slash was still shooting shit up during Velvet Revolver which wasn't that long ago. 

I think it would be incredible to see him up there but I would be happy with anyone that that kicked ass. If Frank came out blowing people away or at least not blatantly screwing shit up most would be happy. But he isn't.. I was never a huge fan of Sorum but apparently I never gave him enough credit.  I would love to see him involved now over what they have.

I don't know how much of a difference only getting paid at the end of the tour makes. Addiction is addiction, if he could control it when there's something on the line he would have done it 26 years ago. I wouldn't say I hate him, and I don't disagree that he plays certain songs better than Frank, I just don't think he's worth the risk nor do I think he deserves to be involved.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Are you Frank??:blink::lol:

:lol:

2 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Welcome to the forum Frank! Hopefully you will be treated better than Bumblefoot on his last visit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Couldn't find any recent videos from My Michelle. Here's one from 2011 with some tall dude on bass :lol:

Here's Steven rocking Anything Goes from last year. 

Here's Steven being funny and awesome with a fan 

And here's Steven playing one of my favorite Zeppelin songs ^_^ 

(At the beginning, someone mentions knowing Slash's mom, Ola. Also, after the song they all sing happy birthday to Steven)

Edited by BorderlineCrazy
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Couldn't find any recent videos from My Michelle. Here's one from 2011 with some tall dude on bass :lol:

Here's Steven being funny and awesome with a fan 

And here's Steven playing one of my favorite Zeppelin songs ^_^ 

(At the beginning, someone mentions knowing Slash's mom, Ola. Also, after the song they all sing happy birthday to Steven)

Thanks for posting. I hadn't seen any of those and they were great.. 

Adler's Appetite > ADLER

Duff and Steven have it 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Modano09 said:

He's apparently been able to stay sober for  2 years now. That's something. I mean in interviews and everything more recently he's just seemed a lot better and more level headed. And clearly he's proving that now by staying as silent as he has on the GNR reunion. 

5-10 years ago I would have absolutely agreed with you. But things have changed, he's better, he's still playing great, and he wants this badly. No reason not to involve him. 

37 minutes ago, GnR_Stockholm said:

Wow, this was a new one for me.... Have you guys heard it before? What the f**k is he saying about Duff and Slash? Can it be true?

To you its new, yes. It was just some slight paranoia and concern from Adler thinking the guys were dissing him. Reunion rumors were pretty much out of control at that point and he probably didn't know what to think. Eddie was right when he said he didn't know if Matt was going to be involved, he could have filled him in more off of the air. Fortunately he didn't say anything negative about axl, But since then Adler has been dead silent. I'm sure it all smoothed over. 

I think Adler saying Duff is judge mental but then admitting he had a right to be with him says a lot right there..