Vote for your favorite one song from AFD, LIES, UYI I

Vote for one songs from each album!!  

278 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

UYI I is empty of multiple classics, not that classics need to be our favorites. I was never a fan of November Rain, was genuinely pissed when they chose it for the MTV awards, and Don't Cry never did much for me either. It was not difficult at all to pick Coma. So stoked it's on their setlist nowadays. 

Welcome to the Jungle is GNR's very best song, of all time. It's absolutely perfect. But that doesn't mean it has to be picked. Knowing Guns a little more than a casual fan means you might have a deeper love for a lesser known song because it's more yours, and not shared by as many. But if you put a gun to my head, or I could only choose one GNR song to listen to for the rest of my life, it would be Jungle - absolutely no doubt. What's crazy is that soooo many Appetite songs are timeless. Shit, everything except Chinese is timeless.

You're Crazy (Lies) might be my favorite Axl vocal. It's a terrific song. Patience is sweet. Just had to stick with the edge of One in a Million. Axl is pretty fucking crazy for recording it, let alone releasing it. 

Love seeing these results to see how I compare to other hardcore fans. We all know the results would be drastically different if polling casual GN'R fans. For example, no chance Rocket Queen would be close to Jungle, Sweet Child or Paradise City.

Honestly, I was actually surprised to see how many did vote for RQ. I thought I'd be in the minority on that one. It was hard to pick just one song, but I went with that RQ because, to me, it is encapsulates everything that is GN'R.

1 hour ago, dcon said:

Hard to choose between crazy and oiam on lies.  Love the vocals on those. Especially the small town white boy part through the end when axl is just on fire.

Man, someone else I am totally in agreement with. As much I love Reckless, Patience and UTLH -- those two songs are the crown jewels for me. I'm not sure that Axl's voice has ever sounded better (even though he disagrees).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Appetiteyourillusion said:

Love how much Coma is respected! In my opinion it is the dicussion for the best overall GNR song ever.

I didn't vote for Coma but strongly considered it. It's so hard to pick just one. As somebody else said, a lot of it depends upon the day you ask me the question. UYI 1 is hard for me because I find it much superior to UYI 2 with more great songs on it.

I inevitably went with Don't Cry (even though the DEMO version is truly my favorite) for a couple different reasons, but easily could have went with Coma, Perfect Crime, Garden of Eden or Don't Damn Me.