Vote for your favorite one song from UYI II, TSI, CD

Vote for one only from each album!!  

293 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If GNR breaks loose Locomotive on the upcoming tour, which they absolutely should (Axl is listening), I can see a closer race for best of UYI II. Don't think it will overcome the epic though. Estranged, Locomotive, YCBM and Civil War, in that order, are special. Don't Cry alt. lyrics is above the original for me. 

15 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Estranged. I don't think Locomotive should be higher than Civil War or You Could Be Mine.

Human Being, crazy high singing.

Prostitute. I think twat sound too messy on the album, don't feel right sometimes. prostitute is by miles a greater song so I will go with the closing track on this one.

I fully go with Human Being for the same reason man and estranged well duh haha

On 3 May 2016 at 6:32 AM, 3rd Wheel said:

Wish Get in the Ring, Yesterdays and IRS got more love. All underrated songs and IRS especially.

I love IRS. Love the music (the intro is really cool), that super high note by Axl during the solo, the variety in the vocals. I heavily listen to it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Civil War

Down On The Farm

CD (don't really like it but I had to pick one) The old Rock In Rio live version was cool.

Did you hear the Coachella night 2 version of ChiDem? It's my favorite version, Slash is awesome 

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

Did you hear the Coachella night 2 version of ChiDem? It's my favorite version, Slash is awesome 

I haven't heard any of the CD songs except from the beer line or bathroom on the 8th ;) I actually though TIL was Better until they played Better later in the set

I will check it out though. I really did used to like that Rock In Rio version. It definitely lost something in the studio.

23 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Oh shit Coachella. I listened to Vegas night 2 last night and didn't care for it. Again Fortus was drowning Axl out with his industrial guitar tones. I remember that old RIR one having more of a classic GnR sound. I will check out Coachella's night 2 version though.

While I was checking that out I watched a Patience and November Rain (forget which shows) and they weren't that good either. Both played too fast, especially November Rain and that was before the drums even started. Then they were annoying when they did ;) start. Patience just didn't sound great either and again Fortus was too loud. 

I will check out that Coachella version.  I had a blast at the first Vegas show but I think a lot of that was just the excitement of seeing Slash/Duff and Axl up there together again though and not the actual performance. All the booze consumed waiting for them to go on probably didn't hurt either hah. When I go back and watch the videos from that show, they just aren't as good as I remembered it. 

I just don't think they are a great live band.  Not nearly as great as they once were anyway. 

What Fortus and Frank did with Gn'R may have worked at the time but I hope they can do their homework and bring some of these songs closer to their original greatness. There is nothing wrong with playing classic fucking songs close to their original form. Especially when you didn't write them and you have 2 more of the guys that did back in the band. 

Edited by Tom-Ass

4 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Oh shit Coachella. I listened to Vegas night 2 last night and didn't care for it. Again Fortus was drowning Axl out with his industrial guitar tones. I remember that old RIR one having more of a classic GnR sound. I will check out Coachella's night 2 version though.

While I was checking that out I watched a Patience and November Rain (forget which shows) and they weren't that good either. Both played too fast, especially November Rain and that was before the drums even started. Then they were annoying when they did ;) start. Patience just didn't sound great either and again Fortus was too loud. 

I will check out that Coachella version.  I had a blast at the first Vegas show but I think a lot of that was just the excitement of seeing Slash/Duff and Axl up there together again though and not the actual performance. All the booze consumed waiting for them to go on probably didn't hurt either hah. When I go back and watch the videos from that show, they just aren't as good as I remembered it. 

I just don't think they are a live band.  Not nearly as great as they once were anyway. 

What Fortus and Frank did with Gn'R may have worked at the time but I hope they can do their homework and bring some of these songs closer to their original greatness. There is nothing wrong with playing classic fucking songs close to their original form. Especially when you didn't write them and you have 2 more of the guys that did back in the band. 

I know I've been getting on your nerves but I appreciate the above post. Don't agree with it, but I can totally respect your views and how they're phrased there. I just re watched the entire night 1 show on a flight and I think it was an excellent performance. Then again, I like how they're playing a lot of the songs  (including Rocket Queen) but I do wish they'd slow November Rain down a bit. If you don't like the way they've been sounding, I wouldn't get your hopes up. I don't see them changing the way they're doing things, the tempo change is definitely a conscious choice.

But yeah, Coachella night 2 Chidem is my favorite version of the song 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I know I've been getting on your nerves but I appreciate the above post. Don't agree with it, but I can totally respect your views and how they're phrased there. I just re watched the entire night 1 show on a flight and I think it was an excellent performance. Then again, I like how they're playing a lot of the songs  (including Rocket Queen) but I do wish they'd slow November Rain down a bit. If you don't like the way they've been sounding, I wouldn't get your hopes up. I don't see them changing the way they're doing things, the tempo change is definitely a conscious choice.

But yeah, Coachella night 2 Chidem is my favorite version of the song 

All good. I am sure I get on plenty of peoples nerves. I just wish people didn't take things personally. I am critical of the band, only because I loved them so much at one time and know how great they could still be. But I try real hard not to call  people out personally for their opinions. That just leads to petty arguments and no one wants to see that shit. That wasn't always the case though. I have been posting on Gn'R boards since 2TI and used to get into heated battles frequently back in the day. Mostly over at HTGTH though. I was a lot younger then. Shit, that was probably almost 15 years ago.. Damn!!!!

\m/