08/19/16 - Los Angeles, CA - Dodger Stadium

RussTCB

9 minutes ago, NicDwolfwood said:

Just got back from the gig. To keep it short and Sweet. The Show was FUCKING PHENOMENAL!!! It's been said Ad Nauseam, but Periscope doesnt do it justice one bit. That run of songs from Its So Easy to Rocket Queen its an absolute assault on all senses. 

Axl is in a class all his own. Slash is a GOD. The End.

And of course our beloved Steven Adler made his appearance again. that guy is impossible not to like. he just has a smile that lights up a whole Stadium. and he brings that groove thats all his own.

Also, kudos to the Cult, They brought it as well. played all the good shit off of Electric and Sonic Temple

If you're a fan of this band. you gotta see them live. all the complaints evaporate when your in the middle of that. The lineup right now is fantastic. Sure the Big 3 are the main attraction, but the other players are excellent as well, and deserve kudos. I have a newfound appreciation for Fortus and Frank, those guys are solid. and Dizzy and Melissa do their thing in the background. Dont miss out man, A Band like Guns is a rare breed these days, enjoy it while it lasts because nothing lasts forever. 

AMEN BRUTHA!

Well if they'd get their asses over to EUROPE!!! I'd....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, k12 said:

I am sure Izzy not showing up at these shows is as much of Axl's doing as it is Izzy's, in fact I am guessing it is all Axls, I am sure Izzy wouldn't mind making an appearance but I am sure Axl is thinking 3/5 or 4/5 is enough

Not true at all. Izzy wanted big money for guest appearances that he may or may not show up for. Much the same as 2006 where he got paid a lot and sometimes didn't show. The stakes are too high this time to faff around with that. 

2 hours ago, PeterNorth said:

Those two behind the scenes clips from GNR Facebook with Adler playing are amazing.

Two questions:  1) Who do you think did the filming - Team Brazil member? and 2) What on Earth is Melissa doing on Out Ta Get Me besides jumping up and down like she's on some kind of pogo stick?

SO fucking cool. And funny to see Frank crouched down behind the set bopping his head thinking "Ah...THAT'S how you play it!" XD

And crazy that because the sound just goes straight up and out, all you can hear of the band is Axl and Duff and you're actually hearing Steven hitting the kit, not the drums through the PA. 

1 hour ago, colonizedmind said:

THIS IS GUNS N FUCKING ROSES!!!
*HQ SOUND*

magic. this slightly slower pace does a justice to Axl and Slash, who are not only step ahead of a song in their heads,
but are eager to deliver (since they are slowed down for a tiny bit) that creates that "beasts eager to be unleashed" vibe to it on both accounts.

when the beat is faster they are "chasing the song", and don't get me wrong Frank is a decent drummer, but this is better.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

So Steven only on 2 songs? Come on man, people can call me a complainer, but he deserves to play all the Appetite songs, its like you are calling Ashba to play Paradise City and Sweet Child in front of Slash. 

TBH I'm holding out for an Ashba guest slot so we can hear Ballad of death again!!! So don't kill the thought!

I had the same spot tonight as last night, front row in front of slash and what can I say? Tonight's show was WAYYYY better. What a fucking blast. The band and crowd were more in to it. The set list was way better and we got to see popcorn Adler. Sorry in to don't cry was a fucking great change up from last nights encore. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

-  Slash was unreal, and without a doubt he was just as much a star as Axl was - getting nearly equal the camera focus on the big screens.  Having him back in the band has really given the guitar work in GNR a real identity again - a totally different experience compared to the DJ/Bumble experiences from these past few years.  

I agree with you regarding Slash. I saw him in the band in the '90's but this clean, sober, happy Slash has taken the guitar to another level. It was incredible watching him at the NJ shows his playing just gives feeling and soul to the songs. He has gone up in my list of guitar players.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GibsonLP said:

I don't get it - not a big fan of the sound of Frank's drum kit, but when Steven plays on the same kit it sounds great

Thats the magic of Steven Adler.

Robin and Ashba used Les Pauls, but could they ever sound good as Slash? 

• Like 4