08/19/16 - Los Angeles, CA - Dodger Stadium

RussTCB

2 hours ago, GNRfan2008 said:

To be fair, it would be easy enough for them to call in Frank or Matt if Adler went off the rails and became a liability. Other thing is with the amount of money they are pulling in, they could take a big chunk of his share and use it on babysitters to keep an eye on him. 

Or they could just avoid the liability altogether and keep the reliable choice as the #1. 

Some of you people are crazy. You should be happy they are allowing him to be a guest on two songs, stop acting like he is owed something, 

Edited by fallglimmer

1 hour ago, maxpax said:

Lets hope Steven will do the whole show...with special apperances of Frank on CD songs.. Steven is so important for a positive vibe...

But he's not. While people on here and complaining about Adler not being the drummer like 99% of the world is jazzed that GNR are back together and putting on amazing shows. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, fallglimmer said:

Or they could just avoid the liability altogether and keep the reliable choice as the #1. 

Some of you people are crazy. You should be happy they are allowing him to be a guest on two songs, stop acting like he is owed something, 

I don't think he's owed anything. Just think it would make the fans happier. 

51 minutes ago, fallglimmer said:

Love it when someone call others 'crazy'

4 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I meant he sounds ok on AFD YouTube videos playing to instrumentals these days. Totally agree his drumming on the album is some of the best ever done in the hard rock genre. Live at the Ritz- he steals the show.

Then 25 years of the perils of rock n roll decadance happened. It hit him the hardest with the strokes. It's awesome he's still here and playing with Guns again. But come on. There's no way he can be the main man anymore.

I think you could argue the decadence hit Slash the hardest. Without a defib built into his chest he could go into a bad heart rhythm and die. Duff came pretty close with his pancreas. Seems a bit critical to consider Steven any worse than either, at least in terms of taking things to the limit. Obviously Steven has had issues more recently, but still they were all in a similar league at different times.

Sometimes I think that because Axl wanted Steven gone in 1990 some people feel they have to think the same way. The rest of us can see that Steven is a great guy and a great drummer. Glad to see him back and I hope he stays and expands on his current role

Edited by GibsonLP
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GNRfan2008 said:

I don't think he's owed anything. Just think it would make the fans happier. 

What fans? The like 5% that are upset Adler isn't the full-time drummer? The same fans that would've sold their soul just to have Slash and Axl together again? Dodger Stadium sold out because Axl and Slash were back together, Adler's introduction was met with polite applause. The vast majority don't care if he's there or not.

1 hour ago, GibsonLP said:

I think you could argue the decadence hit Slash the hardest. Without a defib built into his chest he could go into a bad heart rhythm and die. Duff came pretty close with his pancreas. Seems a bit critical to consider Steven any worse than either, at least in terms of taking things to the limit. Obviously Steven has had issues more recently, but still they were all in a similar league at different times.

Sometimes I think that because Axl wanted Steven gone in 1990 some people feel they have to think the same way. The rest of us can see that Steven is a great guy and a great drummer. Glad to see him back and I hope he stays and expands on his current role

As messed up as Slash was, he was 1) Still the iconic guitarist of GNR, to the point where a large percentage of fans don't count anything that happened between him leaving and him returning, and 2) He still managed to write and perform. I don't think anyone wanted Adler out for personal reasons. Why would they? The people in the band, dealing with him daily, trying to write and record with him, decided his drug problems were at the point he couldn't function within the band. Who are fans on the outside to say otherwise? 

Edited by Modano09
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

What fans? The like 5% that are upset Adler isn't the full-time drummer? The same fans that would've sold their soul just to have Slash and Axl together again? Dodger Stadium sold out because Axl and Slash were back together, Adler's introduction was met with polite applause. The vast majority don't care if he's there or not.

I don't know what show you were at, but people were freaking out when he was introduced.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Juliette said:

Lucky models! They were being invited to the concert (and the after-party) JUST FOR BEING HOTTIES :blink:

wow! I feel sad for Susan, Meegan, Sasha and the rest of the wifes/gf of these guys.

Yep. My cousin's model girlfriend went to the second MetLife show this way. They even drove her directly home on the tour bus, with Axl and everyone else, after the show.  She wanted my wife to go with her but my wife andI agreed it would be weird for her to go without me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Modano09 said:

As messed up as Slash was, he was 1) Still the iconic guitarist of GNR, to the point where a large percentage of fans don't count anything that happened between him leaving and him returning, and 2) He still managed to write and perform. I don't think anyone wanted Adler out for personal reasons. Why would they? The people in the band, dealing with him daily, trying to write and record with him, decided his drug problems were at the point he couldn't function within the band. Who are fans on the outside to say otherwise? 

For years they pointed to Farm Aid as an example of Adler's inablility to play, but  anyone  that watches the video can see that he actually played great. 

And btw, you don't think anyone wanted Adler out for personal reasons but of course you really don't know.  

Why would they (he)? Perhaps you're forgetting that Axl systematically pushed all the real members of the band out one by one until it was just him and Paul Huge.  :lol:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GNRfan2008 said:

To be fair, it would be easy enough for them to call in Frank or Matt if Adler went off the rails and became a liability. Other thing is with the amount of money they are pulling in, they could take a big chunk of his share and use it on babysitters to keep an eye on him. 

If they were concerned that Steven may slip, they couldn't just call Frank or Matt in. What if they were busy? They would have to keep the 2 on a retainer for the whole tour, which is big bucks. They would have to pay them both enough to keep them happy, so they couldn't take other gigs , and then crossing fingers  that Adler would be fine. I would be happy to see him back, though.

3 hours ago, Modano09 said:

Uhhhh...don't know about that.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Modano09 said:

Not necessarily true. Axl had tension with Steven for years and the final straw was the speedball incident with Erin Everly where she ODed. Erin blamed Steven and Steven maintains that Erin Everly lied about the incident. Either way, Axl wanted him gone by then.

Duff and Slash had a strong bromance and Steven was not their boy anymore, so neither fought hard for him and were the first to want him gone when the UYI sessions were getting held up while Adler was trying to get clean.

Adler has a point -- how many times did the band stop working on UYI to accommodate Axl? The entire Chicago sessions were ruined by Axl. Izzy himself has criticized Axl for taking years to put vocals on the demos he turned in.  To dump Adler because the band couldn't wait for him to get clean was hypocritical and a lame excuse -- Axl wanted him gone and Duff/Slash didn't care either way. With that being said, he would have probably died on the UYI tour. Slash died once or twice on that tour, Duff was a walking corpse and Izzy almost died of a heroin OD during the UYI sessions -- maybe it worked out for the best that Steven was fired, it probably saved his life.

If he's clean though, Adler absolutely should be playing with the others. He's a great drummer and his energy is undeniable. I actually like Brain the best when it comes to GnR drummers, but Adler has this crazy style of playing that feels like the beat/drumming is about to fall off the rails and at the last minute it comes together somehow. That style of playing gives the songs a really wild, dangerous edge. Civil War's drumming during the outro is a great example of this.

Edited by RONIN
  • Like 1