08/19/16 - Los Angeles, CA - Dodger Stadium

RussTCB

I agree 110% with the people who comment that Steven Adler is not worth the risk for a full reunion tour.  However, here's my complaint...

If you've brought Steven out to a show.  Do more than just two songs.  If you're committed to Frank to do the entire tour and realizing that you will have one-offs here and there with Steven, then make those appearances more.  Let Steven do 4-5 songs at the shows you are already letting him play at.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slash787 said:

Steven has played in Adlers Appetite and in Adler, I saw him live playing all the GNR songs with his band, he sounded fantastic, had so much energy and nothing happened to him. 

Some of you just see Steven as a minority and Axl/Slash as Gods that something can happen to Steven, but nothing can happen to Slash or Axl and they have done nothing. 

If you see the past record, Axl is the most unreliable person. 

Axl's had his issues in the past, but for the past 14 years he's been playing consistently at shows and touring. He's shown up for shows on time for years. He's worked with a few other bands (Sebastian Bach, AC/DC) and projects and has lived up to his professional obligations and expectations for them.

Slash and Duff have both had relapses since the UYI era, but they have also been touring and making music consistently, have toured successfully with many projects, and have been able to maintain sobriety for extended periods of time.

All three of them have been managing Guns N' Roses' substantial song catalogue, merch rights, etc. for the past 20 years, and even when they weren't speaking to each other, they manned up enough to take care of their business needs.

Steven on the other hand left his entire band in Europe with no way to get home when he went off on a bender, fucked up the one chance Duff gave him to prove everyone wrong, has not been able to maintain sobriety long term, and has been high on camera on reality shows. Nobody else in the music industry has really invited him to do anything or worked with him the past 26 years and that does say something.

I would hardly say there's an equal balance there between their track records. As @Frey said, he's damn lucky they're even throwing him the bone of a few guest songs here and there.

It's ridiculous to think they should have some obligation to hire him back full time or have a second drummer there for insurance. Yes, people like seeing Steven, but most audience members will still show up whether he's there or not. And those fans who like seeing Steven aren't the ones who have to handle the fallout when he falls off the wagon again, complains to the press that everyone's "mean" to him, etc.

Edited by stella
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, ryanf23 said:

If you've brought Steven out to a show.  Do more than just two songs.  If you're committed to Frank to do the entire tour and realizing that you will have one-offs here and there with Steven, then make those appearances more.  Let Steven do 4-5 songs at the shows you are already letting him play at.

Well said. Completely agree! 

Look at the response Slash gets. People are there mostly because he's now there. 

Axl's revolving door GNR was very successful, but having Slash back is why these buildings are packed.

Happy to have Adler on a couple songs here and there, but I'm happier to have Frank (the longest tenured GNR drummer). I wouldn't be shocked if Adler couldn't even make it through an entire show, let alone a worldwide tour. I have minor complaints about Frank, but he's an absolute professional and has been one during his entire time in this band. 

Edited by Reclamation Project
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, blackieloveless said:

i have seen no real interaction between axl n steven onstage unlike slash n duff .... i have not seen everything though just a quick interesting observation  .

The first show Steven played with them on this tour Axl gave him a fist bump.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AxlCole said:

Yep. My cousin's model girlfriend went to the second MetLife show this way. They even drove her directly home on the tour bus, with Axl and everyone else, after the show.  She wanted my wife to go with her but my wife andI agreed it would be weird for her to go without me.

Wow! what a service! they drove her to home :D:lol: I wonder if all the other GNR members are going into the bus?, or only Axl and his entourage. 

Edited by Juliette
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Lumikki said:

Quite frankly I'm shocked how nice they're being to him, considering that Steven was still whining about how awful and mean all of them are not even a year ago. Axl, Slash and Duff are acting really gracious and kind and I'm not sure Steven even deserves it. I'd rather never see that guy again at all than risk him screwing up a good thing. Having Axl, Slash and Duff back together is amazing (and if we could add Izzy into the mix, it would be downright perfect), I don't want Steven Adler or anyone else messing with that. Especially when Frank is doing a good job and is a reliable and nice guy that gets along well with everyone.

You Shouldnt be shocked. Remember these guys know Steven a long time. Slash knows him since they were both 13. They also know how much it means to him to even have a guest appearance here and there with them. Sure, Steven has a lot of faults, but so does everyone else, and all involved have done and said some shitty things in the past as well. So whatever Steven has said in the past is water under the bridge to them. They would be pretty petty to be upset at Steven for saying that they avoid him and they dont think he's cool. Thats nothing at all

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, NicDwolfwood said:

You Shouldnt be shocked. Remember these guys know Steven a long time. Slash knows him since they were both 13. They also know how much it means to him to even have a guest appearance here and there with them. Sure, Steven has a lot of faults, but so does everyone else, and all involved have done and said some shitty things in the past as well. So whatever Steven has said in the past is water under the bridge to them. They would be pretty petty to be upset at Steven for saying that they avoid him and they dont think he's cool. Thats nothing at all

Well I'm not actually all that shocked (that was more a figure of speech) because Axl/Slash/Duff all can be pretty nice, kind-hearted and decent guys if they want to. BUT I wouldn't have held it against them if they hadn't let Steven get involved in this at all. And I didn't mean just because of the stuff Steven whined about last year (I just used that as an indication that things between them still weren't good until very recently). Steven has caused all of them some trouble over the years and apart from that there are a million good reasons to be wary about including him, all of which have been elaborated by various people in this thread already. Basically I'll trust Axl/Slash/Duff's judgement on this one and if they don't feel comfortable doing anything more with Steven than they're doing now, I'll assume they have their reasons for that and I'm not gonna whine all the time about Steven being made the full-time drummer or whatever.

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 2

For fuck's sake, everytime Steven gets to play we have to go through all this "unreliable" shit. It's beyond unbelievable!

He goes on stage, plays the song he's allowed to play and does it fn' perfect, yet we're not allowed to enjoy it or mention it without getting all that bullshit about his past and him being a risk. Talk about beating a dead horse...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

For fuck's sake, everytime Steven gets to play we have to go through all this "unreliable" shit. It's beyond unbelievable!

He goes on stage, plays the song he's allowed to play and does it fn' perfect, yet we're not allowed to enjoy it or mention it without getting all that bullshit about his past and him being a risk. Talk about beating a dead horse...

I think the unreliable comments pretty much came in direct response to the people who are complaining that there isn't enough of Steven and that Frank should step aside. Which, of course, quickly spiraled.

The repetitive back and forth does get old, but what can you do? This is a forum made for opinions to be shared. Everyone is sensitive to their "team" and will jump to defend their guy which then gets others' backs up and they have to jump in on defense for their guy. Just the way it goes. :shrugs:

• Like 1