08/19/16 - Los Angeles, CA - Dodger Stadium

RussTCB

3 hours ago, Italian girl said:

Who were those 20/30 limos, parked  just outside the stadium, waiting For? Models? I saw a nice blonde girl in one of them...

If you are tall, pretty and have a good ass you´ll get a free tick to see the band (and you´ll be in privilege place) I´m really dissapointed with the organization at this point. I bet these girls doesn´t know the complete names of the band´s members or even the songs. But they are promoting theirselves and maybe willling to seduce a millionaire rock star.

We (the real fans) travel to other countries to see them, and paid hundreds of dollars.

Ok is a really unfair world. I´m done. :no:

Edited by Juliette
  • Like 2

On August 21, 2016 at 5:44 PM, NicDwolfwood said:

You Shouldnt be shocked. Remember these guys know Steven a long time. Slash knows him since they were both 13. They also know how much it means to him to even have a guest appearance here and there with them. Sure, Steven has a lot of faults, but so does everyone else, and all involved have done and said some shitty things in the past as well. So whatever Steven has said in the past is water under the bridge to them. They would be pretty petty to be upset at Steven for saying that they avoid him and they dont think he's cool. Thats nothing at all

Also, we are talking about addicts here. They understand each other in a way no one can. They've been good together, bad together, addicts together, addicts not together. I think they understand that hate generally stems from hurt, and it could explain why they can eventually forgive silly stupid comments that have been made in the past. All of them have done and said not-nice-things about each other, but I think it stems from disappointment and hurt, and addict behaviour.

15 hours ago, Gibbo said:

JiS4M5GKrTExG.gif

Yeh, Axl made the effort to climb those stairs so this says a lot!

On 8/20/2016 at 11:06 PM, PeterNorth said:

Those two behind the scenes clips from GNR Facebook with Adler playing are amazing.

Two questions:  1) Who do you think did the filming - Team Brazil member? and 2) What on Earth is Melissa doing on Out Ta Get Me besides jumping up and down like she's on some kind of pogo stick?

Duff's wife.

On 8/21/2016 at 11:29 AM, Lumikki said:

Not true. I remember Axl even went out of his way to fistbump Steven during one of the shows.

Very well said. I agree 100% with these posts.

Quite frankly I'm shocked how nice they're being to him, considering that Steven was still whining about how awful and mean all of them are not even a year ago. Axl, Slash and Duff are acting really gracious and kind and I'm not sure Steven even deserves it. I'd rather never see that guy again at all than risk him screwing up a good thing. Having Axl, Slash and Duff back together is amazing (and if we could add Izzy into the mix, it would be downright perfect), I don't want Steven Adler or anyone else messing with that. Especially when Frank is doing a good job and is a reliable and nice guy that gets along well with everyone.

I heard they have Steven under contract for the whole tour.  He has to shut up as part of the deal, or lose his money.  I don't know how much of the band/publishing/merch, Steven is entitled to in the agreement they reached after he sued them, but this may be cheaper than paying him a share of all of that.  He was so happy during his two songs and smiling so big, you couldn't watch him and not feel happy for him.  There is a difference when he plays those songs, the whole band just has a different feel to them.  I was super excited to see him and happy for him, but I don't think he could get along with Axl for a whole tour.  He's like a big, floppy puppy who is so cute and happy, but can't help peeing on your stuff.  At the end of the show, when the band does their bows, he was with them and they were getting ready to lean forward and even though he was on the very end and a 2 song player, he decided to count them down and take charge as to when they would bow.  It was a small, subtle thing, but it seemed like he doesn't know his place.  During Out To Get Me, when Axl sang "some people got a chip on their shoulder" he pointed behind him towards Steven.  Could have been a joke or lingering feelings.

Edited by jnine
  • Like 1

On 8/20/2016 at 0:58 PM, Mararoyce said:

Regarding Steven in this post, I believe he had back surgery just prior to the 'reunion'. As someone who has had 2 back surgeries myself, he would have been in chronic pain before his surgery and after. Recovery takes time, could be 3 months to 1 1/2 yrs to get fully back to normal. Maybe 2 songs is all he can handle right now. Another issue is after surgery he would be on a multitude of different prescriptions, one of them being opioids. I wonder how that was handled given his addiction problems.

He had laser surgery, not full surgery.

Guns N' Roses | My Michelle w/ Steven Adler (live LA 08.19.2016) Multicam & Remastered Audio
-----------------------
Audio and video edit from 08/19/16 - Los Angeles, CA - Dodger Stadium by Fernomenoyde, Argentina.
ALL CREDITS TO THE ORIGINAL RECORDERS.
*Thnaks to OsteopataChile for the killer footage!!!

13 hours ago, jnine said:

I heard they have Steven under contract for the whole tour.  He has to shut up as part of the deal, or lose his money.  I don't know how much of the band/publishing/merch, Steven is entitled to in the agreement they reached after he sued them, but this may be cheaper than paying him a share of all of that.  He was so happy during his two songs and smiling so big, you couldn't watch him and not feel happy for him.  There is a difference when he plays those songs, the whole band just has a different feel to them.  I was super excited to see him and happy for him, but I don't think he could get along with Axl for a whole tour.  He's like a big, floppy puppy who is so cute and happy, but can't help peeing on your stuff.  At the end of the show, when the band does their bows, he was with them and they were getting ready to lean forward and even though he was on the very end and a 2 song player, he decided to count them down and take charge as to when they would bow.  It was a small, subtle thing, but it seemed like he doesn't know his place.  During Out To Get Me, when Axl sang "some people got a chip on their shoulder" he pointed behind him towards Steven.  Could have been a joke or lingering feelings.

Spot on with the "puppy" metaphor.

On 8/23/2016 at 9:28 AM, jnine said:

This video was done by Susan McKagan.  She did some others and Duff walked over and played to her and her phone.

Steven wasn't playing great here... you would think he'd be on his A game considering it's 2 songs and he's waited 20+ years... AND he plays AFD songs all the time with his own band Great to see him up there though! just needs to get his timing under control, rushing like a mad thing!

On 8/21/2016 at 4:43 AM, Nosaj Thing said:

Matt Sorum > Steven Adler > Dog's shit > Frank Ferrer

You can keep banging on about how shit he is etc, etc. but he's still gonna be in the band, THEY hired him, and THEY decided not to use Steven full time or use Matt at all.

The guy is as solid as it gets, and for me, he plays the songs pretty damn close to the originals (with great feel), adding little bits here and there when he wants... like I always say! If you don't like changes to the recorded music stay home and listen to the record! when it's live things will be different, arrangements will be changed, solos, lyrics, melodies, beats... that's true live music, musicians playing off of other musicians! on the spot improvisation!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Steven wasn't playing great here... you would think he'd be on his A game considering it's 2 songs and he's waited 20+ years... AND he plays AFD songs all the time with his own band Great to see him up there though! just needs to get his timing under control, rushing like a mad thing!

I think he sounded fantastic. There is the groove I miss.

On 8/21/2016 at 5:50 AM, DieselDaisy said:

99% of the world haha. Hyperbole of the highest order. They were not even selling out their second dates this time round and will be back in the arenas if they ever decide to tour the United States again.

the 2nd shows may not be entirely sold-out but the 2nd metlife show was still ~90%+ full

On 8/20/2016 at 11:01 PM, DieselDaisy said:

I prefer Sorum over Frank.

...because the whole thing about Civil War is a bunch of absolute bollocks. There are rehearsal sessions (Mates) from just a few weeks earlier in which he sounds fantastic, much better than Sorum on those same tracks. He sounded great at farm Aid in front of billions of people, which took place during the recording of Civil War!

Once you realise that Guns N' Roses lie, and lie quite a lot, things begin to look more simple. 

And Adler does not just sound 'ok' on Appetite. He sounds bloody brilliant. One of the greatest drum performances to a rock n' roll record ever. Charlie Watts would doff his hat to the groove on that album.

Where are you pulling this crap from? Adler may have played well the day before, and the day after the recording session, but if he fucked it up on the day of recording because he was high (which everybody involved agrees he was) then he deserved to be replaced. 

I love how you're trying to rewrite history as if Adler wasn't a full blown druggy. If he was capable they would have never fore him! 

But you are right, EVERYBODY involved with GNR around the time of Stevens firing are liars and it was just a conspiracy to oust him from the band. Izzy, Duff, Axl, Slash, Dizzy, Del, Niven and all the friends, assistants. Everybody was just out to get poor old Steven. He definitely wasn't too high or incapable.

Steven on form is fantastic! great groove / swing. BUT he is completely unreliable!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

Where are you pulling this crap from? Adler may have played well the day before, and the day after the recording session, but if he fucked it up on the day of recording because he was high (which everybody involved agrees he was) then he deserved to be replaced. 

I love how you're trying to rewrite history as if Adler wasn't a full blown druggy. If he was capable they would have never fore him! 

But you are right, EVERYBODY involved with GNR around the time of Stevens firing are liars and it was just a conspiracy to oust him from the band. Izzy, Duff, Axl, Slash, Dizzy, Del, Niven and all the friends, assistants. Everybody was just out to get poor old Steven. He definitely wasn't too high or incapable.

Steven on form is fantastic! great groove / swing. BUT he is completely unreliable!

Yet you have visual audio and video evidence to the contrary. The Mates rehearsal sounds superior to the finished songs. You are missing my main point that Adler was sacked by a bunch of drug addicts for being an addict. Does that not seem fishy to you? As I said, Slash was running around a hotel resort stark bollock naked having seen little demons!! And the only shows which were bollocked up were bollocked up because of Axl's diva behaviour.

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I think he sounded fantastic. There is the groove I miss.

To me he's pushing and pulling in all the wrong places, and not locked in with the band. He's playing with himself rather than with all the other musicians on stage! Too fast and sloppy. If Frank played like this he'd be crucified!

I love Steven (prefer him over Frank, when he's on form) but this isn't his best work. Change it all if you want! just keep it locked in and grooving. 

Just now, Tom2112 said:

To me he's pushing and pulling in all the wrong places, and not locked in with the band. He's playing with himself rather than with all the other musicians on stage! Too fast and sloppy. If Frank played like this he'd be crucified!

I love Steven (prefer him over Frank, when he's on form) but this isn't his best work. Change it all if you want! just keep it locked in and grooving. 

Adler was always up and down with his tempi. It was part of the charm.

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yet you have visual audio and video evidence to the contrary. The Mates rehearsal sounds superior to the finished songs. You are missing my main point that Adler was sacked by a bunch of drug addicts for being an addict. Does that not seem fishy to you? As I said, Slash was running around a hotel resort stark bollock naked having seen little demons!! And the only shows which were bollocked up were bollocked up because of Axl's diva behaviour.

Nobody can argue that the rest of guys weren't a mess too! they all were with the exception of Izzy. But Slash was firing off great guitar work, Axl was singing his ass off, Izzy and duff too. There's being a mess but being capable of tidying yourself up enough to work Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and then there's been a trainwreck mess where you bring your mess to work with you and pass out in the toilets between takes. One of those is acceptable.

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Adler was always up and down with his tempi. It was part of the charm.

I know, but he usually grooves! I've watched his other appearances and he was much better. This was just an off night IMO. Pity because it looks like they were filming!

1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

Nobody can argue that the rest of guys weren't a mess too! they all were with the exception of Izzy. But Slash was firing off great guitar work, Axl was singing his ass off, Izzy and duff too. There's being a mess but being capable of tidying yourself up enough to work Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and then there's been a trainwreck mess where you bring your mess to work with you and pass out in the toilets between takes. One of those is acceptable.

I do not see any undue evidence that he was messing up that badly though. The Farm Aid thing should have been a mess using all considerations. It occurred at exactly the moment GN'R were enduring all of this Adler drama. 

McKagan admits to being too drunk to play in his book, resorting to line-upon-line of cocaine to help sober him up; Slash (and you can see this yourself) is as drunk as a lord on the Deer Creek proshot (and multiple other gigs) which no doubt contributed to a certain sloppyness. I'm not denying that Adler was a heavy drug addict; I'm merely questioning whether that drug abuse unduly singled him out from the rest of the reprobates in the group - not to mention the loony singer.

If GN'R screwed up a show in the old era, who are you going to put your money on being the culprit, Axl or Adler?