'Oldchella' Festival

Daedalus

11 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

I wish the east coast/Toronto got festivals like this....

Every festival is either in California or Europe I swear

Rock On The Range is in Columbus, and that's consistently the best North American rock festival as far as I'm concerned. And Montreal has Heavy MTL, that's a good one albeit heavier bands.

9 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Rock On The Range is in Columbus, and that's consistently the best North American rock festival as far as I'm concerned. And Montreal has Heavy MTL, that's a good one albeit heavier bands.

Rock On The Range is a good festival! I guess I meant festivals in Canada around Toronto...

Heavy MTL is pretty good but a little too heavy for me, I considered going last year as Slipknot was headlining but I ended up just seeing them on their tour in Toronto!

On 2016-05-04 at 5:27 PM, PsychoKiss344 said:

I wish the east coast/Toronto got festivals like this....

Every festival is either in California or Europe I swear

Man, Toronto is the only Canadian city on so many 'North American' tours it isn't even funny. The west coast has a few decent festivals but there's tons of awesome bands that tour the east coast far more heavily than the west... and the only GNR date in Canada is in Toronto :P Plus you get Heavy TO.

14 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Man, Toronto is the only Canadian city on so many 'North American' tours it isn't even funny. The west coast has a few decent festivals but there's tons of awesome bands that tour the east coast far more heavily than the west... and the only GNR date in Canada is in Toronto :P Plus you get Heavy TO.

Heavy TO only happened once, wasn't popular enough to do annually.

• Like 1

For some reason I thought it was a 2 or 3 year gap between the Heavy TO shows so I figured it was like a "we'll do it when we can/every few years" kinda thing, my bad.

Anyway, yea, Oldchella... the only one of interest to me is Roger Waters, really. I might watch The Who if they stream it [for free].

What would be hilarious is if the shows sell out and then they go "oh by the way, David Gilmour is going to be joining Roger". 

Surprised Tom Petty and Springsteen aren't taking part in it, or that the "Big 4" aren't doing a metal Coachella. 

41 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Wouldn't see good ol' Bobby Dildo?

Well yes, I praised him before but I specified Shakey because he seems to be lost in the shuffle here and honestly, Neil and Bob are the only ones still putting out music, well I think Paul does also but I've never been the biggest McCartney fan outside a certain musical group and no, I do not mean Wings! The Stones and The Who are just embarrassing these days, karaoke machines. How can you have The Who without The Ox or Moon? You simply can't. Impossible. Cannot be done. And with the Strolling Bones, it is just phoning in a setlist of hits - and in truth it has been that way for years. And Waters just mimes to The Wall now. Why would you spend the same amount of money as you would, a short holiday abroad, on an old fart who stands there lip-syncing to an album he put out forty years ago? Neil however has hit a period of greatness with Willie Nelson's sons, Promise of the Real - I'm currently listening to bootlegs of last year's North American tour, and am certainly looking forward to seeing it in person. Shagging Daryl Hannah? Must have awakened him a bit?

Edited by DieselDaisy

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well yes, I praised him before but I specified Shakey because he seems to be lost in the shuffle here and honestly, Neil and Bob are the only ones still putting out music, well I think Paul does also but I've never been the biggest McCartney fan outside a certain musical group and no, I do not mean Wings! The Stones and The Who are just embarrassing these days, karaoke machines. How can you have The Who without The Ox or Moon? You simply can't. Impossible. Cannot be done. And with the Strolling Bones, it is just phoning in a setlist of hits - and in truth it has been that way for years. And Waters just mimes to The Wall now. Why would you spend the same amount of money as you would, a short holiday abroad, on an old fart who stands there lip-syncing to an album he put out forty years ago? Neil however has hit a period of greatness with Willie Nelson's sons, Promise of the Real - I'm currently listening to bootlegs of last year's North American tour, and am certainly looking forward to seeing it in person. Shagging Daryl Hannah? Must have awakened him a bit?

Who shagged Daryl Hannah, Neil Young?  Go on Grandad! :lol:

She is no spring chicken herself.

He left Pegi, his wife of forty or something years, a la Ron Wood, for Daryl Hannah,

article-2751510-2141CD8900000578-727_634

I hope it does not go Heather Mills on him!

PS

Neil has turned her into a hippy,

Neil-Young-reportedly-dating-Daryl-Hanna

She has been hippyatized.

Edited by DieselDaisy

10 hours ago, dalsh327 said:

What would be hilarious is if the shows sell out and then they go "oh by the way, David Gilmour is going to be joining Roger". 

Surprised Tom Petty and Springsteen aren't taking part in it, or that the "Big 4" aren't doing a metal Coachella. 

Metallica calls the shots on The Big 4, and they've said Yankee Stadium was the last Big 4 show. Plus, the first US Big 4 show was at Indio, so they sort of already did it.

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

He left Pegi, his wife of forty or something years, a la Ron Wood, for Daryl Hannah,

PS

Whys she got a necklace of a fried egg on?

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

PS

Difference is Woody went for a woman 1/3 his age. Not that I have an issue with the age difference mind you....more power to Woody I say.......

Hannah  has always been a hippy environmentalist of sorts even before she started shacking up with Neil so this is probably one of the reasons  why they ended up together...............and JMO but she has held up pretty well for a 55 yr old lady

http://www.off-grid.net/daryl-hannah-on-being-off-grid/

Edited by classicrawker

35 minutes ago, moreblack said:

You were right, one of the best shows I've seen.

Yeah I really only went as I had never seen the WHO live before and supposedly this is their farewell tour so wasn't expecting much....I was pleasantly surprised how good Roger sounded and Pete still has the chops to play their vast catalog...I was really impressed with Zak Starkey's drumming...He did Mooney proud............

9 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

Yeah I really only went as I had never seen the WHO live before and supposedly this is their farewell tour so wasn't expecting much....I was pleasantly surprised how good Roger sounded and Pete still has the chops to play their vast catalog...I was really impressed with Zak Starkey's drumming...He did Mooney proud............

Yes, Pino Palladino also was really on point. They sounded so big, and it was one of the loudest shows I've seen at that venue. I'm told Heart/Joan Jett was like half the volume just weeks before.

3 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

I know they've said Zeppelin will never do another show, but Plant and Page doing a show together would have been appropriate for this

I would love to see those two do it but  I don't think Plant wants to do anything that will get people nagging him about a potential reunion again so can't see him doing this type of festival as he certainly does not need the $$$

1 hour ago, classicrawker said:

A lot of drummers can do weird fills out of nowhere but that aint doing what Mad Moon did.  I get that weren't what you were saying, just saying.