2 versions about live era

5 hours ago, whatashame said:

so the edited version means that , in a ffunny way, there are  a few more "instrumental" seconds of the music? kind of, something i have not heard before? huh

No, the only difference is that the swearing/"offensive" words are cut out. Like hearing the "clean" version of a song on the radio. Only over those words will the vocals cut for a fraction of a second.

1 minute ago, James Bond said:

No, the only difference is that the swearing/"offensive" words are cut out. Like hearing the "clean" version of a song on the radio. Only over those words will the vocals cut for a fraction of a second.

See / hear the 0:12 mark of this video for exactly what 007 is talking about.

• Like 1

Something's definitely afoot on my Spotify here in Oz.. A number of the album names/descriptions have changed in the past week EG Chinese Democracy was (Version 1) now just plain Chinese Democracy.  Illusions either have explicit or not written after them etc.. I don't have the clean version of Live Era though.

Maybe just some admin 'clean-up' going on?

9 hours ago, Theseeker123 said:

The worst is listening to used to love her on the clean version. Didnt realize years ago buying the guns clean by mistake and the word kill is blanked out, lol. Thats the most important word in the song, lol

Ugh.  I know what you mean.  I've made that mistake a couple of times and was like, "can I return this to get my obscenities, please?"

• Like 1

Live Era is awesome. My two favorites on there I used to love her and Rocket Queen. Best live verisons of thone two songs. Knocking on heavens door from the Freddy Mercury Benefit Concert was also terrific that was on that album. The Axl rant about drunk people between Brownstone and It's so easy was great too.

Edited by Appetiteyourillusion
  • Like 1

On 5/2/2016 at 3:49 PM, tonsco said:

Something's definitely afoot on my Spotify here in Oz.. A number of the album names/descriptions have changed in the past week EG Chinese Democracy was (Version 1) now just plain Chinese Democracy.  Illusions either have explicit or not written after them etc.. I don't have the clean version of Live Era though.

Maybe just some admin 'clean-up' going on?

Ive seen the clean & explicit versions on spotify for at least 2 or 3 years now (since i started it). And CD was always just plain CD without the version 1

• 11 months later...
50 minutes ago, berravolume said:

Most important: Why is the Paradise City-recording from Vegas '92 replaced with a NU-GNR-version on Spotify? :question:

bro wat r u on

Edited by Mendez
  • Like 1

Haha, nuthin' bro - I'm way too sober.

But maybe it differs in different countries - coz here in Sweden we only have one version of Live Era since explicit lyrics aren't banned. I'll try to post the shit I hear somewhere to prove I'm not crazy.  :blink:

On 5/2/2016 at 10:50 AM, megadethers said:

one is edited , another is official ?

Screenshot_2016-05-01-13-05-58.png

why would anyone listen to fake era 1987-1993 when there are a handful of high quality soundboard authentic live recordings in which the band (and specially axl) sound 18 million times better than in this bullshit fake live album?  

• Like 1