Axl - Thunderstruck Full Rehearsal

joaompc

Fucker has been singing Sweet Child of Mine sounding like Minnie Mouse but can pull off that? 

In all seriousness Axl is kicking ass right now, I love it. This has been his best year since probably 2001 or even 1992. This will put him in good shape for the NITL tour. When I see him live in August his voice will surely be ripe :) 

• Like 2

I wonder what they are saying over at the ACDC forums, they must surely be impressed at these vocals...

Someone mentioned 2006 vocals, these are IMO some way beyond those, just for sheer depth and power.

Basically IMO these vocals are on par with ANYTHING live Axl has ever produced...even on par with those amazing 88 vocals.

Edited by koldweather

3 hours ago, James Bond said:

Axl sounds amazing no doubt, but let's not forget something else that is being overlooked...

Chris Slade turns fucking 70 this year and he's pounding those drums with the same intensity he did in 1991.

These old farts don't sound half bad...

That's a power trio right there; Slade, Young & Rose

15 minutes ago, Bumblefeet said:

That's a power trio right there; Slade, Young & Rose

At this point we might as well just combine the bands. I wonder how Chris would fare on Rocket Queen... :lol:

20 minutes ago, Slosh13 said:

Lots of negativity on Axl. I don't get it, but that's fans for you. He sounds terrific - at least give Axl a chance before judging.

While I understand why the die hard fans are pissed that they're continuing at all, their beef should be with Angus and not Axl. Angus was the one who decided to continue and picked Axl.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, DexAxl said:

Fuck!!! This is great, is there still tickets left for Vienna or Praha?

Tickets for Vienna are still available, I checked today as I am planing to go but don't have tickets yet. Not sure about Prague.

6 hours ago, MrSoftie said:

Okay.. I'm definitely not skilled at audio editing, but I did manage to do a quick clean up in audacity to boost the audio and more specifically the vocals:

Brilliant. Thank you. 

I have listened to this non stop half a dozen times. I had my doubts, when it came to this one. But Axl brings it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, James Bond said:

Axl sounds amazing no doubt, but let's not forget something else that is being overlooked...

Chris Slade turns fucking 70 this year and he's pounding those drums with the same intensity he did in 1991.

These old farts don't sound half bad...

I was 13 back then and I fucking loved him. It was just great to see the wheel turn and see him back in the band - I'm really happy for him, as a lot of fans are.

34 minutes ago, The Archer said:

I was 13 back then and I fucking loved him. It was just great to see the wheel turn and see him back in the band - I'm really happy for him, as a lot of fans are.

For sure. As much as Phil coming back into the fold was understandable, you couldn't help but feel a little bad for Slade at the time. One tour with the band was enough to see he truly valued being a part of the band. It was his dream gig. Lucky for him, he was only sacked so the original guy could come back. It makes sense. I'm just glad that he was the one who got the call when Phil blew it again. He's a monster on the drums.

• Like 2

Just now, Powerage5 said:

There's already a rehearsal video of Hells Bells, it's in the other rehearsal thread

Thanks. I missed it. I agree with what you said over there too. It might be the weakest one, but it's hard as hell to pull off too. And I don't mean weakest like it sucked, just not as strong as the others. Thunderstruck was impressive.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, James Bond said:

For sure. As much as Phil coming back into the fold was understandable, you couldn't help but feel a little bad for Slade at the time. One tour with the band was enough to see he truly valued being a part of the band. It was his dream gig. Lucky for him, he was only sacked so the original guy could come back. It makes sense. I'm just glad that he was the one who got the call when Phil blew it again. He's a monster on the drums.

Yeah, he was unlucky - they had to let him go because they patched up things with Rudd and wanted him back. At least now he's getting to go down with the ship.

7 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Thanks. I missed it. I agree with what you said over there too. It might be the weakest one, but it's hard as hell to pull off too. And I don't mean weakest like it sucked, just not as strong as the others. Thunderstruck was impressive.

Exactly. And like I said, Axl is giving it his all. He's going for all the high notes, which Brian hasn't done since the BIB tour, if he even did it then. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

Wow axl sounds great,  I'm wondering what the hell he did to get that voice back lol. 

Maybe it's been there for a while, but he was too afraid of using. I really think he lost for a while it after 2010, and had been scared of using it since then. Since this is a massive year and all eyes are on him, maybe he chose to go balls to wall with whatever he has left and deal with the consequences if they come.

I'm not at all wanting to be debbie downer, but are we certain all of these supposed leaks are legit and that's really Axl -- and not an attempt at trolling? I'm specifically thinking of the Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be and Back in Black video. It's a hard to tell if that's really Axl or an old band rehearsal w/ Brian Johnson someone dug up and pawned off as a new leak.

I'm skeptical, yet cautiously optimistic. If these are all legit, Axl sounds more like Brian Johnson than Brian Johnson does.

Edited by thunderram
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, thunderram said:

I'm not at all wanting to be debbie downer, but are we certain all of these supposed leaks are legit and that's really Axl -- and not an attempt at trolling? I'm specifically thinking of the Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be and Back in Black video. It's a hard to tell if that's really Axl or an old band rehearsal w/ Brian Johnson someone dug up and pawned off as a new leak.

I'm hopeful, but still cautiously optimistic. If these are all legit, Axl sounds more like Brian Johnson than Brian Johnson does.

It wouldn't matter, Thunderstruck is definitely Axl and that's the most clear audio with the best vocals imo

4 minutes ago, thunderram said:

I'm skeptical, yet cautiously optimistic. If these are all legit, Axl sounds more like Brian Johnson than Brian Johnson does.

:lol: I lol'd at this one. You're joking, right ?

5 minutes ago, The Archer said:

:lol: I lol'd at this one. You're joking, right ?

Please let me in on the joke. Tell me how you are 100% certain that the specific youtube audio I mentioned is really Axl. The audio isn't all that clear and it does sound a lot like Brian Johnson. I agree w/ IncitingChaos that the Thunderstruck audio is much easier to tell. The other -- not so much.

Again, maybe you like being duped. I don't. I'm not buying 100% into all of these youtube leaks just yet. Thunderstruck is the only one I'm confident about right now.

22 minutes ago, thunderram said:

Please let me in on the joke. Tell me how you are 100% certain that the specific youtube audio I mentioned is really Axl. The audio isn't all that clear and it does sound a lot like Brian Johnson. I agree w/ IncitingChaos that the Thunderstruck audio is much easier to tell. The other -- not so much.

Again, maybe you like being duped. I don't. I'm not buying 100% into all of these youtube leaks just yet. Thunderstruck is the only one I'm confident about right now.

I don't know exactly what to point to, but I mean we've all listened to Axl far more than is healthy and its all in the subtleties.  Similarities to Johnson or no, you can just tell when its Axl singing.  It could be Estranged, Back In Black, the fucking alphabet song, when its Axl you just hear it.  BIB is unquestionably Axl.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, andyshores said:

I don't know exactly what to point to, but I mean we've all listened to Axl far more than is healthy and its all in the subtleties.  Similarities to Johnson or no, you can just tell when its Axl singing.  It could be Estranged, Back In Black, the fucking alphabet song, when its Axl you just hear it.  BIB is unquestionably Axl.  

Hey, I hope you are right. I've been listenting to Axl since '87 and I'm still not sure. The audio isn't clear enough for me to know on that 2nd video -- not enough to hear any of Axl's trademark vocals anyway. People hear what they want to hear, I guess.

I hear it in parts of the Thunderstruck audio, but not on the other one. And it's far from far-fetched to think that someone could come up with the idea of trolling.

If you want to buy in 100% to all the audios that have come forth thus far, more power to you. I certainly am not saying that you are wrong nor poking fun at anybody. I'm just not 100% sure, that's all.

Edited by thunderram