Axl - Thunderstruck Full Rehearsal

joaompc

I really do wonder who came up with this idea in the first place. I am just as curious about how Angus and Axl hooked up as I am about Axl and Slash finally burying the hatchet. Did Angus randomly think it was a good idea? Did Axl float his name to the AC/DC people? Someone mentioned they might share a management connection somehow and perhaps that got the ball rolling. Who knows, but looks like it could be a pretty good little collaboration. I hope Angus does the right thing and retires the band name after this tour is over. 

• Like 1

The man sounds absolutely on fire. This is incredible.

I'm actually not surprised, because it seems like a lot of those AC/DC songs can be sung in the higher register where he's able to do the rasp. That's why he always sounds so killer on Nightrain, My Michelle, etc. -- songs where he's able to pretty much shriek the whole time but there isn't as much variation in low, mid and high register (which is why he struggles with Rocket Queen, Jungle verses, etc.).  I don't have the most technical understanding of singing, but it just seems to me like it isn't coincidence that on all the GN'R songs where he's shrieking a lot, he tends to sound better these days.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Pedrolg said:

Maybe it's been there for a while, but he was too afraid of using. I really think he lost for a while it after 2010, and had been scared of using it since then. Since this is a massive year and all eyes are on him, maybe he chose to go balls to wall with whatever he has left and deal with the consequences if they come.

yup, that's my take on this one too....

But he obviously care more about the AC/DC gig, because

1)  It's his favourite band since the late 70's and he will give literally EVERYTHING that's left in him, he is like a kid in a candystore, it's a dream come true for him 

2)  He finally has a situation where he can prove himself outside of his playing field

3)  Maybe he thought this is a cool idea, reunite with Slash and Duff, PLUS do this gig= Victory or Die

4)  after all the mickey years, he STILL got this voice? fuck me.... maybe he have more fun with AC/DC songs rather than singing his "own" songs for the gazillionth time

Edited by Strange Broue

5 hours ago, Jw224 said:

I tried messing around with the audio of this, my aim was to take a lot of the mud away and make the vocals a bit clearer. don't know if it sounds better per say but it's clearer.

http://chirb.it/nI9x63

This is definitely Axl Rose, because in some twisted way i can hear the high pitched Mickey out from his voice, but this is different than ANYTHING we heard from Axl since the early 00's... it's like Mickey eat some of Popeye's spinach and go and to belt out like he's got razors in his throat, i'm not lying, i think a LOT of parts sounded like 1980 Brian Johnson here on a 1990 AC/DC song mixed with an 1993 Axl....

I have a feeling that we will see some rock history and Axl's best moments since the 90's when youtube videos going to pop up fom these shows

• Like 2

I honestly don't know if we are going to get any better vocals on GN'R songs this summer (I hope we do though), I think this is more a matter of Axl's current voice is just perfect for ACDC, he oddly fits ACDC better than his own stuff.

5 hours ago, skin 'n bonez said:

he will.

NO! I was so excited! :( will he regain his voice and if yes, when? people need to know so they can return tickets so if you see another vision soon, please, PLEASE let us know! (or just pm me the future and I'll share the prophecy with the rest of the forum)

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Estranged Reality said:

This must be like a dream come true for you. The best of both worlds.

It's bittersweet. On one hand, I am in complete an utter ecstasy (possibly even more exciting than the GN'R reunion is, I have to admit) - something you just wouldn't have ever expected could happen is now happening.

I'd pictured what it might sound like before, but never in my wildest dreams did I think Angus Young would team up with a guy like Axl. He doesn't even do guest appearances. I don't think most people here realise what a big deal Angus coming out at Coachella was - he just doesn't do that for other bands. Save for a guest appearance with the Rolling Stones in 2003... seeing Angus play alongside another singer literally never happens. 

On the other hand, I am a HUGE Brian Johnson fan, and I don't want this to signal into a cringeworthy INXS-type scenario where Angus takes the band on the road with a new singer every few years. I feel enormous guilt at loving the idea so much; it feels kind of selfish of me in some way. Sorry, it's hard to articulate.

10 hours ago, Estranged Reality said:

The man sounds absolutely on fire. This is incredible.

I'm actually not surprised, because it seems like a lot of those AC/DC songs can be sung in the higher register where he's able to do the rasp. That's why he always sounds so killer on Nightrain, My Michelle, etc. -- songs where he's able to pretty much shriek the whole time but there isn't as much variation in low, mid and high register (which is why he struggles with Rocket Queen, Jungle verses, etc.).  I don't have the most technical understanding of singing, but it just seems to me like it isn't coincidence that on all the GN'R songs where he's shrieking a lot, he tends to sound better these days.

Yeah, to be honest I'm not sure why everyone thinks this will be a Bon-heavy setlist, besides Axl obviously being a big fan.

Brian's material is almost exclusively sung in falsetto; it almost suits Axl's current voice better than GN'R stuff does since it's all up so high. He can belt those high notes out with full rasp for days. It's glorious.

• Like 2

Gotta say it's a beautiful thing to hear Axl singing Back in Black with that ferocity that we seldom hear from him anymore. He's gonna kick some serious ass on this tour and hopefully that passion carries over to the summer Guns tour. I think it's safe to say I might get a tad emotional when I see Axl/DC in Manchester next month. What a fitting song, he is most definitely back if he delivers live like he did in that rehearsal. The man is a monster!

Edited by AlexC

I've been playing around with singing along some songs, out of excitement. Not a good singer, me, no experience aside from being in a punk rock band about 15 years ago. Definetely have an easier time going at AC/DC songs than I do with GNR songs. GNR material is an absolute bitch to sing decently.