Axl - Thunderstruck Full Rehearsal

joaompc

17 minutes ago, thunderram said:

Hey, I hope you are right. I've been listenting to Axl since '87 and I'm still not sure. The audio isn't clear enough for me to know on that 2nd video -- not enough to hear any of Axl's trademark vocals anyway. People hear what they want to hear, I guess.

I hear it in the Thunderstruck audio, but not on the other one. And it's far from far-fetched to think that someone could come up with the idea of trolling.

If you want to buy in 100% to all the audios that have come forth thus far, more power to you. I certainly am not saying that you are wrong nor poking fun at anybody. I'm just not 100% sure, that's all.

No I get it, and I'm not deriding you at all.  Just listen to how he ends words/notes, it trails off in that certain manner.  Annunciation is slightly different than Johnson on certain things too, such as the word black.  I will say he sounds more akin to Johnson on BIB than Thunderstruck (which is cool either way) so I get where it could be questionable.  

• Like 2

Just now, andyshores said:

No I get it, and I'm not deriding you at all.  Just listen to how he ends words/notes, it trails off in that certain manner.  Annunciation is slightly different than Johnson on certain things too, such as the word black.  I will say he sounds more akin to Johnson on BIB than Thunderstruck (which is cool either way) so I get where it could be questionable.  

Thanks for understanding.

I will say this, if you guys are right and ALL these audios are legit --- it's unbelievable. Even without clear audio, it sounds spot on classic AC/DC. The AC/DC Axl haters can suck it.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, thunderram said:

Thanks for understanding.

I will say this, if you guys are right and ALL these audios are legit --- it's unbelievable. Even without clear audio, it sounds spot on classic AC/DC. The AC/DC Axl haters can suck it.

No question.  Anyone who labeled this is the worst idea ever etc, will be really sick of crow by the time its over.  I think the best examples for me on BIB are from 1:18-1:25 and then again at 3:05.  In the first section its pretty clear its current day Axl, then at 3:05 he does the nasal Axl sound growl that Johnson doesn't do at all in the same way.  EDIT - I meant those times on Thunderstruck lol.  Been listening to these on a loop too long, back to work hahaha

Edited by andyshores
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, andyshores said:

EDIT - I meant those times on Thunderstruck lol.  Been listening to these on a loop too long, back to work hahaha

For me, I can tell at the very end of Thunderstruck. The way he carries the final note (3:40). That's vintage Axl.

• Like 1

Clearly Axl, listen to My Michelle from Mexico, it has a very similar vocal quality as these videoes.

Its just vintage Axl and our ears just have become unaccustomed after years of weak performances to what a ripping Axl is capable of.

Ps, the way he hits the notes is classic Axl as well,  esp the way he attacks the high notes, did something similar at coachella in Nightrain as well.

Edited by koldweather

Not to mention Brian always added all kinds of "Back, mama" ad-libs to the live versions from the BIB tour onwards. There's none of that here. The tonal quality is consistent among all the videos so far so I'm confident it's Axl. Brian never went for most of those highs live - he always played it a little safer.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Not to mention Brian always added all kinds of "Back, mama" ad-libs to the live versions from the BIB tour onwards. There's none of that here. The tonal quality is consistent among all the videos so far so I'm confident it's Axl. Brian never went for most of those highs live - he always played it a little safer.

I just wish I heard some of the tell-tell things I heard in the Thunderstruck audio in the others too. But you guys are slowly convincing me.

Like Mulder from the X-Files says "I want to believe!" :axl:

Edited by thunderram
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, thunderram said:

Hey, I hope you are right. I've been listenting to Axl since '87 and I'm still not sure. The audio isn't clear enough for me to know on that 2nd video -- not enough to hear any of Axl's trademark vocals anyway. People hear what they want to hear, I guess.

I hear it in parts of the Thunderstruck audio, but not on the other one. And it's far from far-fetched to think that someone could come up with the idea of trolling.

If you want to buy in 100% to all the audios that have come forth thus far, more power to you. I certainly am not saying that you are wrong nor poking fun at anybody. I'm just not 100% sure, that's all.

Well I certainly hope none of us are wrong!

It absolutely and definitively sounds like Axl to me though. I think you are fairly safe buying into this one. :)

1 minute ago, thunderram said:

I just wish I heard some of the tell-tell things I heard in the Thunderstruck audio in the others too. But you guys are slowly convincing me.

He's cracking!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thunderram said:

The instrumentals give it away more than anything. All the drum fills are Slade's takes on the songs, the endings are the endings that Angus changed on the ROB tour (Hells Bells, for example, ending with a return to the intro riff which Angus only started doing during the early shows this year), and so on. None of which matches any possible early versions with Brian (where Back in Black used to end with an extended Angus jam like the studio version). You can now believe even more. ;)

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, James Bond said:

The instrumentals give it away more than anything. All the drum fills are Slade's takes on the songs, the endings are the endings that Angus changed on the ROB tour (Hells Bells, for example, ending with a return to the intro riff which Angus only started doing during the early shows this year), and so on. None of which matches any possible early versions with Brian (where Back in Black used to end with an extended Angus jam like the studio version). You can now believe even more. ;)

See, I wouldn't have known any of the AC/DC tell-tell stuff you mentioned. I mean, I'm a fan going back to the late 70's. I was 8 or 9 when I first heard Highway to Hell. My first memories of listening and identifying to "my own" music apart from my parents was AC/DC and Van Halen. Admittedly, I am by far more of a Bon Scott era fan than Brian Johnson. And I haven't seen the band live since the 90's

Having said all that, the info you added to the mix makes it seem a bit more obvious.

Edited by thunderram
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

I tried messing around with the audio of this, my aim was to take a lot of the mud away and make the vocals a bit clearer. don't know if it sounds better per say but it's clearer.

http://chirb.it/nI9x63

Yeah, the Thunderstruck audio isn't a problem for me. I can hear Axl in it, no doubt. Especially the ending. It was the BIB video I was questioning.

• Like 1

That's funny that the Back in Black vocals are so spot on that we are questioning their authenticity. I mean Axl is note for note in tune there. 

The band themselves aren't tuning anything down for Axl, like they were Brian. These shows will have a very authentic sound that fans can appreciate 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thunderram said:

The thing is, GNR fans are so used to be "disappointed" (waiting years for a new album, poor live vocal performances etc.) that it is hard to believe when something like THIS happens. 

If I didn't know that Axl was with AC/DC and I listened to this, I'd say it was recorded on 1987 or something.

HIS VOICE IS BACK.

LONG LIVE AXL ROSE. :headbang::axl92:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, thunderram said:

Please let me in on the joke. Tell me how you are 100% certain that the specific youtube audio I mentioned is really Axl. The audio isn't all that clear and it does sound a lot like Brian Johnson. I agree w/ IncitingChaos that the Thunderstruck audio is much easier to tell. The other -- not so much.

Again, maybe you like being duped. I don't. I'm not buying 100% into all of these youtube leaks just yet. Thunderstruck is the only one I'm confident about right now.

Pardon me, but the joke wasn't on you per se. Your healthy skepticism is totally fine. It just reminded me of a time when we had no music to listen to on here and there was no touring and then suddenly 'leaks' would pop up (for eg, at one time, there was something called Jackie Chan/Checkmate) out of the ether and people would wonder whether it was Axl or not. What I found funny was that here in 2016 we are far removed from those days - we're still not at the Promised land, but close - and when you brought up your doubts, I remembered those times.

• Like 1

I think a lot of this is Axl is getting to sing music that Axl likes.  I'm not a musician, but nobody could possibly like their own songs as much as they like whatever music they enjoy listening to.  The guy is excited, it'd be like if one of us (who had ridiculous vocal talent, so probably none of us) got to front GN'R.

Edited by andyshores

2 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

That's funny that the Back in Black vocals are so spot on that we are questioning their authenticity. I mean Axl is note for note in tune there. 

The band themselves aren't tuning anything down for Axl, like they were Brian. These shows will have a very authentic sound that fans can appreciate 

This will be the first concert for Stevie without a downtuned guitar. I think that he is a really awesome rhythm guitarist, probably at the same level as his uncle Mal.

Edited by Sosso

8 minutes ago, Sosso said:

This will be the first concert for Stevie without a downtuned guitar. I think that he is a really awesome rhythm guitarist, probably at the same level as his uncle Mal.

AC/DC wasn't downtuned in '88 when Stevie filled in.

• Like 1