7,000 Belgian AC/DC Fans Request Ticket Refunds On Concert With AXL ROSE

slitherz

8 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Also very smart decision to fly in all those big time media publications for the first show. The video footage and rave reviews from critics shifted buzz from mostly negative to mostly very positive.

Yeah, absolutely. It probably helps that AC/DC has had a better relationship with the press and people in the industry than Axl/Guns have had. Still, yet another good thing to come from this - that Uncle Axl is going to see how Grandpa Angus does these things much better when it comes to publicity and press and even social media.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Archer said:

Yeah, absolutely. It probably helps that AC/DC has had a better relationship with the press and people in the industry than Axl/Guns have had.

That does help for sure. I think GN'R was unfairly ripped by the media at Coachella. Axl shows up on time and gets ripped to shreds. He performs in the throne instead of canceling the gig and gets ripped to shreds. If he had done the opposite in either case (showed up ultra late or canceled the gig), he would have been ripped to shreds. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

21 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

That does help for sure. I think GN'R was unfairly ripped by the media at Coachella. Axl shows up on time and gets ripped to shreds. He performs in the throne instead of canceling the gig and gets ripped to shreds. If he had done the opposite in either case (showed up ultra late or canceled the gig), he would have been ripped to shreds. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Yeah - one of the interesting things i've seen is that there are only about 4 or five really good REVIEWS of this show (but no anti-GN'R/anti-Axl badmouthing). The rest of the positive articles just take off from those articles/quote them. Now, this might very well be due to Angus' smart move of co-opting the press. If it were just Axl / GN'R you'd probably see the haters crawl out of the woodwork. I think that AC/DC just has more goodwill and pull (and sympathy). Sure, they have had their critics (Dad Rock/'Same' Album/ Devil's music etc) but overall, there is just that much more positivity about them than GN'R which has always been viewed as bad boy band led by Kind Dick himself. Of course, none of this would haev worked without Axl delivering. Public/Media acceptance of this pairing is only  going to do good things for acceptance of Gn'R even if they will continue to have their critics (I don't expect those guys to go away).