7,000 Belgian AC/DC Fans Request Ticket Refunds On Concert With AXL ROSE

slitherz

7 hours ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Don't Cry is the first song Axl and Izzy wrote for GN'R. That's right, Izzy...the guy you worship while trashing Axl every chance you get on this forum. Izzy also wrote Patience. In my opinion, those two ballads are every bit as down to earth as anything AC/DC has ever done. Just because it's a ballad doesn't mean it can't be down to earth.

Well yes, because Izzy wrote the greatest material. Izzy's ballads are different from Axl's being as they are influence by Keith Richards' 'Gram Parsons' era; that song 'Patience' is recorded raw. It is infinitely Gn'r's finest ballad.

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

Yeah, I gotcha.

Axl is HOLLYWOOD and Ac/Dc are the band for anglosaxon working class. LOL.

Beyond the mansion and the dollars, Axl is still a singer passionate about his rock n' roll. He knows all those Nur Khan's (or whatever) are fake and they will not be there next to his death bed.

I just hope that he chooses the right attire for these shows. If he goes out wearing all that extremely expensive jewelry, huge diamond rings and shit, that will enrage the ACDC fans even more.

Please no studded jackets and bling bling or beer cans will fly like its WWIII :lol:

Well you have DC fans throwing hate at Axl on their forums. I'm merely offering an opinion, one of many, upon why that may happen. Don't shoot the messenger.

I think Guns fans need to realise the levels Axl is truly despised outside Guns N' Roses board; people literally loath him. It is just a fact. You all seem to have your heads up your arse on this account, perplexed why AC/DC fans would not automatically genuflect at his greatness.  Don't take my word for it: go on a forum of another major rock act (e.g. Metallica, Queen, whoever); now, go in the general music discussion and find a thread on 'Guns N' Roses' - I rest my case.

On 5/3/2016 at 10:52 PM, Silent Jay said:

I bought my ticket yesterday by one not happy fan.

Those "fans" were just fine seeing ACDC without Malcolm and Phil Rudd, just as not paying respect to angus. Very cheap people. This is probably the end and their goin' to miss it good for them.

They are still fans. I mean Brian got kicked to the curb, and you can be ok with that if you want. But others who love AC/DC like we love GnR are understandably pissed. 

Listen, if AC/DC released a nice statement in the first place instead of that bullshit one liner,  fans might have been a bit more receptive. Jim Breuer said it well, AC/DC have come off as cold and heartless, and Brian looks classy. 

They should have got together and did a video message with Brian, saying "here's what's going on!", "I have to stop touring for now", "We really want to continue with Brian, but we can't put the band ahead of Brian's health", "We've all agreed that we want to continue the tour, to say goodbye properly... but we'll be using a guest singer with Brian's Blessing". Everyone would have be upset, but totally understanding of the situation and more importantly, willing to see the remainder of the band one last time as they (AC/DC) would have been just as much the victims as Brian, especially considering the last couple of years. 

They'll do just fine, but this has definitely put a blemish on the AC/DC history. I think the shows will be good (Axl will do a good job), but the way everything's been dealt with? It's a pity! By all means finish the tour if that's what they want to do, but give the man a proper F'ing send off!

*Also there's a difference with Malcolm's departure and Brian's, Malcolm called it himself saying he couldn't do it anymore, Brian didn't. Phil Rudd? well he put them in a really awkward position, and they would have had to abandon their world tour if they decided to stand by him because he couldn't leave the country because of his arrest. I think it was fair enough that AC/DC went on without both of those guys, both departures were clearly explained in one way or another.

Edited by Tom2112

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well yes, because Izzy wrote the greatest material. Izzy's ballads are different from Axl's being as they are influence by Keith Richards' 'Gram Parsons' era; that song 'Patience' is recorded raw. It is infinitely Gn'r's finest ballad.

Well you have DC fans throwing hate at Axl on their forums. I'm merely offering an opinion, one of many, upon why that may happen. Don't shoot the messenger.

I think Guns fans need to realise the levels Axl is truly despised outside Guns N' Roses board; people literally loath him. It is just a fact. You all seem to have your heads up your arse on this account, perplexed why AC/DC fans would not automatically genuflect at his greatness.  Don't take my word for it: go on a forum of another major rock act (e.g. Metallica, Queen, whoever); now, go in the general music discussion and find a thread on 'Guns N' Roses' - I rest my case.

The world hates him so much that GN'R is headlining stadiums right now. Before you say it's all Slash, I have a question. Why wasn't Slash headlining stadiums for the last 20 years if that's all there is to it? Axl is a complicated dude. I think a lot of people dislike his antics but respect his talent (or else no one would give a fuck about the Slash reunion).

As far as ballads go, I love Patience but I also love Estranged, November Rain, Don't Cry, Yesterdays, and Sweet Child O' Mine. The second half of Rocket Queen is pretty much a ballad as well and it's arguably the best thing GN'R ever did. I'm not sure if this next one qualifies but very much enjoy You Ain't The First. 

Edited by GNRfan2008

28 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

The world hates him so much that GN'R is headlining stadiums right now. Before you say it's all Slash, I have a question. Why wasn't Slash headlining stadiums for the last 20 years if that's all there is to it? Axl is a complicated dude. I think a lot of people dislike his antics but respect his talent (or else no one would give a fuck about the Slash reunion).

As far as ballads go, I love Patience but I also love Estranged, November Rain, Don't Cry, Yesterdays, and Sweet Child O' Mine. The second half of Rocket Queen is pretty much a ballad as well and it's arguably the best thing GN'R ever did. I'm not sure if this next one qualifies but very much enjoy You Ain't The First. 

People respect his talent - yes - as nobody with a penchant for rock music can deny that he is a talented, but they still think he is a wanker. The average person's mindset when buying a ticket for Axl is, ''yes he is a dick but I enjoy Jungle and November Rain too much''. It is a similar thing with Simmons, Kiss still being an arena band yet Simmons being universally despised - heck, you will not find too many members of the Kiss Army defending the coffin!! I'm sorry but if you believe that the vast majority of the population do not think W. Axl Rose is a tosser of the highest grade, then you have been living under a rock for the last thirty years, or, have your 'Axl goggles' on. Case in point,

Number 1/Five Biggest Jerks in Rock Music

1. Axl Rose (Guns n' Roses)

Oh, Axl. So much talent, a great voice, good songwriting skills and a compelling personality. Although that personality seems to often be things other than just compelling. Rose is famous for being hard to work with, storming off the stage in the middle of a set for the smallest reasons and just basically being completely unstable and an all-around pain in the ass. And let's not forget the whole "Chinese Democracy" debacle. After Guns n' Roses broke up in the mid 1990s, Axl kept promising to put out a GnR album with the aforementioned title. It finally came out in 2008, to underwhelming sales. GnR guitarist Slash has described working in the band under Axl as "a dictatorship". It's hard to tell who hates him more at this point: his former bandmates...or Guns n' Roses fans.

http://hubpages.com/entertainment/The-Five-Biggest-Jerks-in-Rock-Music

Number 2/Ten Biggest Assholes in rock

Axl Rose Getting in fights with your own band makes you human. Getting in fights with other bands makes you kind of a dick. But leaping into the crowd to beat up someone who actively paid money to see you — now there's an asshole. Throughout Guns N' Roses' heyday, Rose was picking fights with pretty much everyone around him, slowly turning the world on to the fact that he was a madcap jerk with a fashion identity crisis (you dress gay, but hate gay people?). If he'd stayed in seclusion, Rose may have been forgiven his sins as a youth, but instead he just had to return with cornrows and resume picking fights with random people like Tommy Hilfiger.

Number 5/Ten Biggest Jerks in rock
http://www.thetoptens.com/biggest-jerks-in-music/

Number 7/The Worst Rock Stars Ever

7. Axl Rose – Short-tempered, alcoholic jerks are often drawn to jobs which give them free reign to abuse people. Short-tempered, alcoholic jerks who can screech like speared bush pigs, however, are blessed with the attractive option of becoming hard rock singers. In this profession, they can not only abuse people, but they can get international attention for it. As long as they’re able to hold a band together, that is. Axl Rose, unfortunately, was bad enough that he couldn’t even convince a group of barely-functional junkies to hang out with him. Given the promise of virtually unlimited money, can you even imagine how difficult it would be to scare off junkies? “Hang out with this asshole, junkies, and you’ll be up to your gills in high-quality horse for life.” To a junkie, that is an overwhelmingly attractive proposition. The breaking point, apparently, is when the asshole in question starts writing songs with gigantic string sections. You couldn’t keep a real rocker next to a string section for all the opium in Afghanistan.

Forum discussions here,

http://mymorningjacket.net/index.php?topic=13898.0

and here,

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x9510173

and here,

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/threads/axl-rose-still-a-wanker.12586/

Should I continue?

To actual hold an opinion that W. Axl Rose is not a complete wanker is to be in the minority - you are actually the odd one out when pulled from the context of guns n' roses forums.

Edited by DieselDaisy

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

People respect his talent - yes - as nobody with a penchant for rock music can deny that he is a talented, but they still think he is a wanker. The average person's mindset when buying a ticket for Axl is, ''yes he is a dick but I enjoy Jungle and November Rain too much''. It is a similar thing with Simmons, Kiss still being an arena band yet Simmons being universally despised - heck, you will not find too many members of the Kiss Army defending the coffin!! I'm sorry but if you believe that the vast majority of the population do not think W. Axl Rose is a tosser of the highest grade, then you have been living under a rock for the last thirty years, or, have your 'Axl goggles' on. Case in point,

Number 1/Five Biggest Jerks in Rock Music

http://hubpages.com/entertainment/The-Five-Biggest-Jerks-in-Rock-Music

Number 2/Ten Biggest Assholes in rock

Number 5/Ten Biggest Jerks in rock
http://www.thetoptens.com/biggest-jerks-in-music/

Number 7/The Worst Rock Stars Ever

Forum discussions here,

http://mymorningjacket.net/index.php?topic=13898.0

and here,

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x9510173

and here,

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/threads/axl-rose-still-a-wanker.12586/

Should I continue?

To actual hold an opinion that W. Axl Rose is not a complete wanker is to be in the minority - you are actually the odd one out when contrasted with the mass populous and not the guns n' roses forums.

He has certainly made his share of enemies over the years and has deserved plenty of criticism for his antics. But as I said, he is a complicated individual. For every ridiculous thing he's ever done, there are also stories of him being pretty nice to people when they meet him. Probably goes to show at least some of his alleged bipolar disorder. Nice as can be one minute and absolute jackass the next minute. I don't know him personally and I haven't been ripped off by him since I was too young to see GN'R during his riot heyday. I do enjoy the music he created back in the day and that's about all there is to it.

I'm not in denial about how much people dislike him. I'm also not pretending the angry Internet is the be all, end all of the world. It's not. The Silent Majority doesn't go on the Internet to bitch about stuff. If people really hated him as much as you think in the real world, no one would be shelling out $200 to watch GN'R right now...especially given all of his ridiculous antics in the past like causing riots and showing up late. Let's see here: show up late, cause a riot, and 30 years past prime. Who is gonna pay big money for that? Which brings me to my next point...

I'm not one of these foolish people that will pay crazy prices to watch musicians 30 years after their prime. This is directed at people buying tickets to see GN'R this year and it's also directed at all those angry AC/DC fans who were paying inflated prices to watch Brian Johnson struggling at almost 70 years old. Rock and roll is a young man's game. I just accept the fact I was born too late to see all the great bands in their prime. I enjoy their music after the fact and that's about it. I'd pay a lot of money for a time machine back to see some of those bands in their heyday. 

50 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

and that includes the guys in his band. @1:14

Mood swings. Complicated person as I said earlier. I think Use Your Illusion 2 has a few songs that sort of fit that narrative. Get in the Ring and Shotgun Blues have extremely immature lyrics and then Estranged seems to have been written by a completely different person. 

20 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Another reason I do not like it is the following. AC/DC began as this band who obtained a following among typical Aussie 'mates'; they were an escapist release for cricket loving ute driving Aussie males to listen to juvenile bar room shuffles and rip roaring rockers. They were Acca Dacca. It is all about jeans and beer. Then when DC gained international currency they appealed to a similar demographic in the northern hemisphere, jeans wearing macho males in urban towns like Chicago, Newcastle and Birmingham. AC/DC are a down to the earth, you know where you are, act. They are a Aussie/Scottish/Geordie hybrid of a band. It does not get more down to earth than that!! And musically, they will never pull a ballad on you or suddenly take an interest in prog jazz fusion or industrial. They are simply glorious in their artlessness.

Now Axl, Axl, Axl. Axl's reputation is this mansioned up wanker surrounded by sycophants wiping his bottom. The image of Axl is one of limousines and private jets. And then there is the descent into dreary ballads and artsy fartsy industrial experiments. There is nothing that is down to earth about the guy. The guy spent billions on some crank called Yoda in Phoenix who was receiving 'signals and vibrations'. Basically everything Axl stands for is the opposite of what 'DC stand for!!

(Yes I know what the reply will be: ''DC have mansions and jets also''. But it is about the perception that is put out).

Don't forget Brian's expensive race car hobby that caused his hearing loss in the first place. Ironic?

Look, I get you are trying for any possible way to discredit this lineup and now seem to be grasping at straws... You think Axl can't do or be AC/DC? You think AC/DC all of a sudden is back to being an underground pub band that is now betraying its roots?

It's about the music, if you are worried about the image or wealth behind the players, perhaps you watch too much TMZ.

2 minutes ago, Bumblefeet said:

Don't forget Brian's expensive race car hobby that caused his hearing loss in the first place. Ironic?

Look, I get you are trying for any possible way to discredit this lineup and now seem to be grasping at straws... You think Axl can't do or be AC/DC? You think AC/DC all of a sudden is back to being an underground pub band that is now betraying its roots?

It's about the music, if you are worried about the image or wealth behind the players, perhaps you watch too much TMZ.

You are projecting what I said back on me. I was not necessarily speaking for myself. I'm simply telling you lot why A/ Many AC/DC fans hate W. Axl Rose and B/ Many AC/DC fans have a problem with this particular line-up. After all you all seem to be amazed by the fact that many AC/DC fans do not like your ginger idol, so...

..why is that? Do you not want to know why?

They exist. They have a problem with it enough for 7,000 of them to return tickets, and no amount of, ''oh, fuck them, they are missing a kick ass show'' is going to explain this fact away.

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You are projecting what I said back on me. I was not necessarily speaking for myself. I'm simply telling you lot why A/ Many AC/DC fans hate W. Axl Rose and B/ Many AC/DC fans have a problem with this particular line-up. After all you all seem to be amazed by the fact that many AC/DC fans do not like your ginger idol, so...

..why is that? Do you not want to know why?

They exist. They have a problem with it enough for 7,000 of them to return tickets, and no amount of, ''oh, fuck them, they are missing a kick ass show'' is going to explain this fact away.

And you are all of a sudden unbiased? LOL I have not in any way denied that there are people who don't like this lineup or that they don't exist, even said earlier in this thread that the 7000 number is understandable. Especially given many people have done group buys, most of the second hand tickets I saw at first were multiple tickets.

I'm just having a laugh at you grasping for straws to look for any way possible to discredit the band before giving them a chance, and also discrediting the fans for not backing the band because you believe it's somehow heresy. 

Edited by Bumblefeet

1 minute ago, Bumblefeet said:

I have not in any way denied that there are people who don't like this lineup or that they don't exist, even said earlier in this thread that the 7000 number is understandable. Especially given many people have done group buys, most of the second hand tickets I saw at first were multiple tickets.

I'm just having a laugh at you grasping for straws to look for any way possible to discredit the band before giving them a chance, and also discrediting the fans for not backing the band because you believe it's somehow heresy. 

I'm not discrediting them. I do not agree with it. I do not need to discredit it seeing that it is already discredited in many AC/DC fans' eyes before playing a note.

Did anyone read the article that said the 7000 tickets were basically balanced out by new purchases, and that's how it'd be for most of the tour, at least to this point? I feel like that's a good discussion point. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KiernanProud said:

Did anyone read the article that said the 7000 tickets were basically balanced out by new purchases, and that's how it'd be for most of the tour, at least to this point? I feel like that's a good discussion point. 

That is exactly why Angus hired a big name instead of a tribute singer or the Krokus guy who sounds exactly like Bon Scott. They refund 7,000 and replace them with GN'R fans. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

That is exactly why Angus hired a big name instead of a tribute singer or the Krokus guy who sounds exactly like Bon Scott. They refund 7,000 and replace them with GN'R fans. 

Guns fans and curious ppl. Is a very smart move.

But i think Angus and the band did almost nothing to prevent that shit storm. If they were a little more into details like Axl is only helping to finish those dates it would be less shit for sure.

The question is if this thing is going to end after those dates are over. Something tells me that it won't and Brian is out of the picture forever.

Maybe a new album with Axl on vocals? If this hybrid works on the gigs it will work too on sales for a new album.

Edited by Russel Nash

32 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

But i think Angus and the band did almost nothing to prevent that shit storm. If they were a little more into details like Axl is only helping to finish those dates it would be less shit for sure.

The question is if this thing is going to end after those dates are over. Something tells me that it won't and Brian is out of the picture forever.

Maybe a new album with Axl on vocals? If this hybrid works on the gigs it will work too on sales for a new album.

AC/DC record with Axl would be pretty amazing :headbang:

33 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

Angus should do the right thing and retire the AC/DC name after the tour is over. I can't imagine he needs anymore money from touring in the future. But someone said he wanted to keep going another 10 years. If that's true, maybe Brian can be used to record vocals for future albums and they can find a permanent touring singer. Angus did allow Brian to release that very detailed statement on their website, so it doesn't seem they are on bad terms with each other:

http://www.acdc.com/news?n_id=279

I'm fairly certain Brian is gone for good. I have a feeling Angus intends to go on though I wish he wouldn't.

He definitely doesn't need the money but maybe he just does not want give up being in AC/DC. He's been doing it since he was 18 and he's 61 now...it's all he knows.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Angus should do the right thing and retire the AC/DC name after the tour is over.

lol

why should he retire the name ? just because some narrow minded fans said so ?

angus isn't as old as the other guys, he still wants to enjoy touring and playing music.

he has the right do whatever he wants with ac/dc.

7 minutes ago, supercool said:

why should he retire the name ?  

Because it's not AC/DC anymore. It's Angus, Cliff and some other guys.  Axl is not going to join full time, so continuing on would mean getting a new singer.

That would be lame and that's something AC/DC never been in their 40+ years.  And as Kenny Rogers told us, you gotta know when to fold 'em. It's time.

• Like 1

I would pick up one of those tickets in a heartbeat if I could make it, not because I am a GNR fan as much as because this will be a pretty historic moment in rock history. 

• Like 1