Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

Amir

Love the song, but I found the video somewhat of a distraction and didn't really quite gel with the aural qualities of the song.  It took me listening to the song without the video to really get into it.

With Radiohead being in my top three bands of all time, it's a good year for me music wise :)

31 minutes ago, downzy said:

Love the song, but I found the video somewhat of a distraction and didn't really quite gel with the aural qualities of the song.  It took me listening to the song without the video to really get into it.

With Radiohead being in my top three bands of all time, it's a good year for me music wise :)

Interesting. Actually thought the music video worked really well with the song. The fake plastic trees were a nice touch. Second and third time I listened to it were different. I really like it. It's pretty like many Radiohead tunes, but I hope they do something a little different with this album compared to what they did since In Rainbows and even that great album was not really a development musically. Still great though.

I wonder if the days of musical exploration are behind them. Not that they have to develop but I liked the bold adventures they took with Kid A and Ok Computer. Perhaps they're on a different phase now, I think they did enough to just keep making quality albums IF it's as good as In Rainbows and not as shit and fake Radiohead like The King Of Limbs. What was that about.

But I like this new song. I've read it was an old one.

Edited by Rovim

Yass! Radiohead are back! FINALLY, im gonna see them this year, at Lollapolooza. It's bloody impossible to get Radiohead tickets.

Love the song. It took a few listens to grow on me but now I'm hooked. I think the mood of it fits the video, especially the end. But I can't help but think of Nicholas Cage haha 

Absolutely dreadful. Never understood the love for these guys or Coldplay. So boring. Soccer Mom music  

I like a lot of "bad" music too, though. So what can you do. 

If fans of theirs like it - the ?? for them, congrats on the new song and new album. 

Fans - give me the name of the best radiohead song. 

Edited by Apollo
  • Like 1

After one listen I'm sold. I like the vibe and the tunes. A strong album imo. They're still doing their thing and the influences of Greenwood and Celine work better this time around instead of Celine just making a solo album like last time and calling it Radiohead.

Edited by Rovim

• downzy changed the title to Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool
14 hours ago, Apollo said:

Paranoid Android (a fan of Chinese Democracy should love this song)
Karma Police
The Reckoner
Exit Music (For A Film)
The Bends
High & Dry
Fake Plastic Trees
Just
Bones
My Iron Lung
The Black Star
Creep
Optimistic
No Surprises
There There
A Punch Up at a Wedding
House of Cards
Lotus Flower

If you don't like any of these songs, you're just not going to get it (which is fine, there are many bands I don't get either; Maiden, Van Hagar, Dio Black Sabbath, Rush, etc.).

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Apollo said:

Absolutely dreadful. Never understood the love for these guys or Coldplay. So boring. Soccer Mom music  

I like a lot of "bad" music too, though. So what can you do. 

If fans of theirs like it - the ?? for them, congrats on the new song and new album. 

Maybe suicidal soccer moms.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2016 at 5:32 PM, Forsaken said:

Decks Dark.... Omg. In love with this song. What a great album. 

After playing Burn the Witch and Daydreaming to death because of the videos, having Decks Dark being the first "fresh" track put such a huge fucking grin on my face. It's so gorgeous and intimate, just like the rest of this album. I wasn't sure they had it in them after TKOL, but wow.

• Like 1