New red hot Chili peppers single

vloors

4 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

I'm looking forward to this.

IIRC the first single from I'm With You was Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie.

I'm hoping this new song tops that.

I really dug Rain Dance Maggie but ended up being a little disappointed with the rest of the album. Hoping with this being their second one together, maybe things will come out better.

I think the Frusciante albums are overated. Not certain songs or guitar work but some are pretty sprawling. I'm With You was pretty  focused record. Nice singles and the whole album was pretty listenable. It was an easy listen. 

• Like 2

I'm With You was pretty great. A few very weak songs like Ethiopia, Annie Wants a Baby, Happiness Loves Company and Even You Brutus but some amazing work like Monarchy of Roses, Factory of Faith, Look Around, Did I Let You Know and Goodbye Hooray. This new one is pretty good too.

18 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

I'm by no means a hardcore RHCP fan but I've yet to get through that album. I did my best, honest sir, I did.

It's been awhile so I don't have a fresh take on my criticism.

This new track doesn't blow me away but it certainly has more energy and verve than what I remember off of IWY. 

But have you tried Californication lately. It's long. One Hot Minute is agonising. But they had great singles. 

By the Way is pretty easy listening. 

IWY is pretty short with hardly any filler. 

Mother's Milk still tastes fresh to me. 

6 hours ago, J Dog said:

I love you homie, but that's incorrect.

I love Frusciante, Frusciante is an old school mental fucker and top drawer musician of the highest order.  Does anyone look at Anthony Keidis and see a really really fuckin' cleaned up and well presented version of Iggy Pop? 

But have you tried Californication lately. It's long. One Hot Minute is agonising. But they had great singles. 

The best Chillis albums to me are Uplift Mofo, Freaky Styley and the debut though Mothers Milk, Blood Sugar, One Hot are class too.  I can remember robbing a copy off One Hot off a fat kid at the school bus stop :lol: (don't judge me, he was waving it under my nose and he knew i wanted it!)

6 hours ago, J Dog said:

I love you homie, but that's incorrect.

Possibly taken out of context it is incorrect. But it's just my appraisal based on recent listens. Maybe I'm just getting lazy. I'm more a Best of guy and then the new album. Haven't actually listened to Blood Sugar. 

7 hours ago, Cosmo said:

I'm With You was pretty great. A few very weak songs like Ethiopia, Annie Wants a Baby, Happiness Loves Company and Even You Brutus but some amazing work like Monarchy of Roses, Factory of Faith, Look Around, Did I Let You Know and Goodbye Hooray. This new one is pretty good too.

I found those grew on me after the second wave. No one's mentioning Brendan's Death Song either. Ethiopia is pretty great, almost to brought a tear to me eye. 

47 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

I love Frusciante, Frusciante is an old school mental fucker and top drawer musician of the highest order.  Does anyone look at Anthony Keidis and see a really really fuckin' cleaned up and well presented version of Iggy Pop? 

The best Chillis albums to me are Uplift Mofo, Freaky Styley and the debut though Mothers Milk, Blood Sugar, One Hot are class too.  I can remember robbing a copy off One Hot off a fat kid at the school bus stop :lol: (don't judge me, he was waving it under my nose and he knew i wanted it!)

Obviously only the first few albums are Chili peppers, Frusciante is like the Buckethead of RHCP. 

Whichever one Yertle the Turtle was on gets my vote. I also like how they appeared in Point Break. 

They have an almost Beatlesque back catalog. It's vast. 

I think Frisciante was in a bad way a few years back. 

The Dave Navarro record was alright but that Beavis and Butthead single eclipsed it. He said eclipsed. 

Just now, wasted said:

Now Mother's Milk we can agree on, I love that album.

Edited by J Dog