New red hot Chili peppers single

vloors

Liked the riff. I also like the fact Frusciante got bored with them. Hopefully this album will be better than I'm With You which wasn't actually good imo, but maybe they were just Kiedis and for this one they had time to unify the shit and seriously

Just now, Len B'stard said:

Too $hort baby, i ain't no sucker

Literally, I'm a mother fucker

:lol:

Just now, wasted said:

I come from east Oakland where the girls are getting hify. 

When you see me rollin' in my drop top Caddy, throw a peace sign and say hey pimp daddy

biiatch

On 5/9/2016 at 7:48 PM, Len B'stard said:

Its always the funk sir, see this is why i love you :lol:. Its all about the funk, its actually been around since James Brown wrote Cold Sweat in 67 and its had its place it the 70s with Parliament Funkadelic and in the 80s with Nile Rodgers and Prince and The Stone Roses and in the 90s through EPMD and Redman and Dre and it still works today and yknow why? Its the groove, if it makes your hips move it'll last forever and this is what people forever about music, it HAS to make you move, move physically, whether you're a hip swinger or a head nodder, if it moves you it'll last forever.

You know what, you like hip hop you will get it. When they came out, that was like the really early stages of hip hop. Rap was barely a thing really at that time. I know Kiedis wasn't trying to be Eminem or anything, but the fact he picked up on rap so early says something. And he got it early enough that I don't look at it as rip off or copying, he just heard it and dug it and it fit with the funk thing they had going on.

16 minutes ago, J Dog said:

You know what, you like hip hop you will get it. When they came out, that was like the really early stages of hip hop. Rap was barely a thing really at that time. I know Kiedis wasn't trying to be Eminem or anything, but the fact he picked up on rap so early says something. And he got it early enough that I don't look at it as rip off or copying, he just heard it and dug it and it fit with the funk thing they had going on.

In those days rap was considered kinda hokey and insubstantial, it was probably more of a hinderance to their blowing up than a help, they were in danger of being considered a novelty group.

I really dig Dark Necessities, tho it's far from their best work. The Getaway (song) is growing on me, tho I didn't like it at all at first.

btw, I've been marathoning the ten previous RHCP records to get prepared for this new one and I gotta say, this band is a lot better than I thought! Atm my ranking is this:

Blood Sugar Sex Magik

Californication

Stadium Arcadium

The Uplift Mofo Party Plan

Mother's Milk

By the Way (I know this is many people's favorite but it's a bit too mellow and overrated imo)

One Hot Minute

havent heard the first two or Im With You yet but Ive been told they're just meh.

Edited by rocknroll41

On May 7, 2016 at 0:22 AM, drtydane said:

Haven't seen this in a while. He's so different from the Frusciante that I'm used to seeing. He looks an inch away from death here. Thank fuck he pulled thru and got clean, or else we wouldn't have masterpiece records like Californication and Stadium Arcadium.

Just now, rocknroll41 said:

I really dig Dark Necessities, tho it's far from their best work. The Getaway (song) is growing on me, tho I didn't like it at all at first.

btw, I've been marathoning the ten previous RHCP records to get prepared for this new one and I gotta say, this band is a lot better than I thought! Atm my ranking is this:

Blood Sugar Sex Magik

Californication

Stadium Arcadium

The Uplift Mofo Party Plan

Mother's Milk

By the Way (I know this is many people's favorite but it's a bit too mellow and overrated imo)

One Hot Minute

havent heard the first two or Im With You yet but Ive been told they're just meh.

Both of the new songs are kind of growers for me.

Freaky Styley is pretty funky. I'd recommend that one.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, wasted said:

I could recomment Parliament and Funkadelic. Just get Ugly Kid Joes cd. 

I know that George Clinton from Parliament Funkadelic produced one of the RHCP records and the band consider him a major influence. 

The only Ugly Kid Joe songs I've ever heard are Everything About You and their cover of Cats in the Cradle. I dont really see them as being similar to RHCP. Is their other stuff "funkier" or something?

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

I know that George Clinton from Parliament Funkadelic produced one of the RHCP records and the band consider him a major influence. 

The only Ugly Kid Joe songs I've ever heard are Everything About You and their cover of Cats in the Cradle. I dont really see them as being similar to RHCP. Is their other stuff "funkier" or something?

I was joking about my poor taste. Even though I know about Funkadelic and Parliament, I listen to Ugly Kid Joe and The Spin Doctors more. My guess is UKJ were a hair metal band that jumped on the RHCP wagon. The debut has some sort of zeitjest thing though. You've heard that record and secretly like it. 

Actually I've found Prince is like Chili Peppers in a way. Funky and experimental. 

Edited by wasted
Ugly

10 hours ago, wasted said:

I was joking about my poor taste. Even though I know about Funkadelic and Parliament, I listen to Ugly Kid Joe and The Spin Doctors more. My guess is UKJ were a hair metal band that jumped on the RHCP wagon. The debut has some sort of zeitjest thing though. You've heard that record and secretly like it. 

Actually I've found Prince is like Chili Peppers in a way. Funky and experimental. 

I like the Spin Doctors more than most people seem to. They definitely remind a little of RHCP, certainly more than UKJ does, at least.

46 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I like the Spin Doctors more than most people seem to. They definitely remind a little of RHCP, certainly more than UKJ does, at least.

I see UKJ as rap metal which is reslly what CP spawned with Sports rock like Limp bizkit. But what cool about CP is they developed beyond that. They might be the best band of the 90s. Vast catalog. Tunes as well not just really heavy. Huge singles. 

11 hours ago, wasted said:

I see UKJ as rap metal which is reslly what CP spawned with Sports rock like Limp bizkit. But what cool about CP is they developed beyond that. They might be the best band of the 90s. Vast catalog. Tunes as well not just really heavy. Huge singles. 

Yeah huge singles indeed, and I like how they strayed away from their funk metal roots and experimented with all sorts of sounds, tho I feel like By the Way was a step too far over the line. Not quite funky enough. Stadium was a better record but a bit too long. I'm With You was just alright. We'll see how the new record turns out. Another new song just dropped from it today. Not really feeling this one yet :/

Stadium is like UYI it's everything they do. 

I'm with you is more pop or song based the guitar experimentalism or heroics arent there. But it's kind of an easy listen. There's still 4 great songs in Monarchy, Raindance, Look around, Brendan's Death song. So that is basically a good album these days. I love Ethiopia too. I'm into One Hot Minute right now because I never got it when it came out. My Friends is great. 

10 hours ago, wasted said:

Stadium is like UYI it's everything they do. 

I'm with you is more pop or song based the guitar experimentalism or heroics arent there. But it's kind of an easy listen. There's still 4 great songs in Monarchy, Raindance, Look around, Brendan's Death song. So that is basically a good album these days. I love Ethiopia too. I'm into One Hot Minute right now because I never got it when it came out. My Friends is great. 

Yeah One Hot Minute is a record that gets way more flack than it should, despite it ranking rather low on my list. My Friends is indeed a great song.

On the Im With You record, I also like the song Factory of Faith, even tho it kinda rips off John Frusciante's solo song Emptiness.

Also really like Happiness Loves Company. I think it's a good album but it just doesn't have much guitar work on it. Police Station I like too. It's not the 90s anymore, they aren't smack heads snymore but they still write funky songs about life and sex.