New red hot Chili peppers single

vloors

12 hours ago, wasted said:

Stadium is like UYI it's everything they do. 

I'm with you is more pop or song based the guitar experimentalism or heroics arent there. But it's kind of an easy listen. There's still 4 great songs in Monarchy, Raindance, Look around, Brendan's Death song. So that is basically a good album these days. I love Ethiopia too. I'm into One Hot Minute right now because I never got it when it came out. My Friends is great. 

As previously mentioned, Stadium Arcadium is my fave of theirs...and previously One Hot Minute.

LOVED Breaking The Girl at the time it came out and of course heard BSSM a hell of a lot at the time but Stadium Arcadium really hit home for me and I think there's a lot of gold on there.

Definitely loved Stadium. Just felt it wasn't a step forward artistically.  But there was a load of great stuff on both discs and I loved the concept. You must have to get to dome point success wise where the label just says 2cds? Great! I remember sitting in a jacuzzi in thailand for 3 weeks and all I had was Stadium and it was all I needed. Every morning I put on Dani California and cracked a beer at 8:30am. 

• Like 1

RHCP needs Frusciante and from judging Frusciante's releases post-The Empyrean, I think it's safe to say he needs RHCP too. The Empyrean is easily one of the best albums of the 2000s, better than anything the Peppers ever did but John the kind of shit John is releasing nowadays... Geez.. Maybe he should go back to a rock n' roll environment and rediscover the beauty of pop music, not even Aphex Twin is so abstract. As for the new RHCP songs: Meh.

Californication, By the Way and SA are great, big influence on my guitar playing. From 1999 (Californication) to 2009 (The Empyrean) John released the best songs of his career.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, maynard said:

RHCP needs Frusciante and from judging Frusciante's releases post-The Empyrean, I think it's safe to say he needs RHCP too. The Empyrean is easily one of the best albums of the 2000s, better than anything the Peppers ever did but John the kind of shit John is releasing nowadays... Geez.. Maybe he should go back to a rock n' roll environment and rediscover the beauty of pop music, not even Aphex Twin is so abstract. As for the new RHCP songs: Meh.

Californication, By the Way and SA are great, big influence on my guitar playing. From 1999 (Californication) to 2009 (The Empyrean) John released the best songs of his career.

Frusciante is extremely disinterested in playing with RHCP/making pop music right now. If he ever decides otherwise, it won't be for a very long time. He's just in a completely different state of mind.

4 hours ago, bacardimayne said:

new album is already the worst thing they've done since whatever shit album came before mother's milk

Uplift Mofo Party Plan (the record before Mother's Milk) is not that bad (and I'll likely rank this record below it). Can't speak for the first two records tho since I still haven't heard them yet.

4 hours ago, Jakey Styley said:

Frusciante is extremely disinterested in playing with RHCP/making pop music right now. If he ever decides otherwise, it won't be for a very long time. He's just in a completely different state of mind.

Yeah I know. It was just a suggestion on my part. Pretty sure it won't happen in our lifetime.

We Turn Red is the first of the three that I would say didn't have to grow on me. It had me nodding my head the first time I listened.

Feels like this album is going to very mellow. Maybe too mellow if all the songs are like these.

1 hour ago, J Dog said:

We Turn Red is the first of the three that I would say didn't have to grow on me. It had me nodding my head the first time I listened.

Feels like this album is going to very mellow. Maybe too mellow if all the songs are like these.

Yeah I read a review that said all the songs are pretty much piano-ish ballads with not much guitar influence. So yeah it may end up being too mellow. We shall see I suppose.

I love how they sound on this tour. I saw them at Rock im Park (amazing setlist, 2 new songs, Sir Psycho Sexy, Nobody Weird Like Me, Me and My Friends + hits) and it was much better than in 2012.

From Pinkpop this evening. They played We Turn Red too and Wet Sand. Also AK "played" bass

I don't mind it but I feel like it's about 90 seconds too long. I'm all for long songs if they go somewhere but I find I start tuning that song out by the 3:30ish point. It's just too long in my opinion.