ACDC and Axl say hello to fans (Video)

joaompc

3 hours ago, goneshootin said:

Did GNR really never rehearse for tours? Or is he just trying to be funny?

The band did, Axl less frequently, it's a bit of a long running meme in GNR fandom about Axl's seeming dislike of band rehearsal - I suspect he knows this. :lol:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, PirateRadio said:

I think I believe that anything Axl says in the positive about Axl/DC is a slight towards GNR. Trying to be funny here, but what's up with rehearsals and interviews???. Not really cool that he didn't do those things for Guns.

Yet. Trump is in the works, right? And anyway it's Angus' ship, he's just doing what he's told.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PirateRadio said:

I think I believe that anything Axl says in the positive about Axl/DC is a slight towards GNR. Trying to be funny here, but what's up with rehearsals and interviews???. Not really cool that he didn't do those things for Guns.

GN'R is "business as usual" for Axl, with or without Slash and Duff. 

AC/DC is a really heavy challenge for him. He knows that so he is doing some interviews to clear things up.

Edited by Sosso

Just now, MrSoftie said:

Yet. Trump is in the works, right? And anyway it's Angus' ship, he's just doing what he's told.

Ahh, any pub is good pub. I get that. But Axl is acting like it's cool, normal, whatever with Axl/DC. If you think that it's perfectly fine to act that way with AC/DC, but not with Guns, that's cool. But I find it disappointing for GNR.

1 hour ago, PirateRadio said:

Ahh, any pub is good pub. I get that. But Axl is acting like it's cool, normal, whatever with Axl/DC. If you think that it's perfectly fine to act that way with AC/DC, but not with Guns, that's cool. But I find it disappointing for GNR.

As has been said, he's doing what Angus asks of him. This is how Angus runs his ship. Sure it's disappointing that Guns hasn't done some similar promo but the two aren't directly connected. Axl isn't deliberately slighting Guns by doing this for Angus. If anything, he might actually learn a thing or two about how a normal band operates. He also can't be held solely responsible for the lack of Guns promo. Duff and Slash haven't said shit either.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, James Bond said:

As has been said, he's doing what Angus asks of him. This is how Angus runs his ship. Sure it's disappointing that Guns hasn't done some similar promo but the two aren't directly connected. Axl isn't deliberately slighting Guns by doing this for Angus. If anything, he might actually learn a thing or two about how a normal band operates. He also can't be held solely responsible for the lack of Guns promo. Duff and Slash haven't said shit either.

Healthy debate. I agree that Axl could learn a thing or 100 from Angus. Axl's carefree and jovial attitude shows that he is pretty comfortable handling the publicity duties in AC/DC. The interview read like he did way more of the respresenting than Angus,, albeit he was asked more questions directly. 

But aren't Slash and Duff known promotors? Steven doesn't talk during this time either...? The only band people that are talking are EX-members it seems. I wouldn't guess that it's them trying to keep things quiet on the front. Something is amiss with Guns N' Roses' promotion of this tour. Granted, there have been some things like the Star Wars preview and things like that, but absolutely no media access. And, really, why wouldn't Slash comment on Prince's death? That was odd for sure. I gotta see these things as connected since they follow the same underlining theme - Gunners don't say shit about the biggest tour in their history....

But you're right, this could be Slash and Duff's fault as well for not stipulating in the contract (that we know nothing about) that they want to promote the tour. Seems like the tour organizers were allowed to make some promotions, because it's their money on the line, and that was it. 

Edited by PirateRadio
typo

I love the interaction between the 3 of them so much! Axl gets along with 2 bands now! (unacceptable, where's the fire?) Axl's joke about the benefits was gold. I hope Axl takes over AC/DC as well and any other band that loses it's singer for whatever reason.

I'd buy a blu ray of a live Axl/DC show for sure, Every time they go on tour they should take Axl with them and even get him in the studio.

Edited by Rovim

1 hour ago, PirateRadio said:

Healthy debate. I agree that Axl could learn a thing or 100 from Angus. Axl's carefree and jovial attitude shows that he is pretty comfortable handling the publicity duties in AC/DC. The interview read like he did way more of the respresenting than Angus,, albeit he was asked more questions directly. 

But aren't Slash and Duff known promotors? Steven doesn't talk during this time either...? The only band people that are talking are EX-members it seems. I wouldn't guess that it's them trying to keep things quiet on the front. Something is amiss with Guns N' Roses' promotion of this tour. Granted, there have been some things like the Star Wars preview and things like that, but absolutely no media access. And, really, why wouldn't Slash comment on Prince's death? That was odd for sure. I gotta see these things as connected since they follow the same underlining theme - Gunners don't say shit about the biggest tour in their history....

But you're right, this could be Slash and Duff's fault as well for not stipulating in the contract (that we know nothing about) that they want to promote the tour. Seems like the tour organizers were allowed to make some promotions, because it's their money on the line, and that was it. 

Definitely, I can agree with much of what you said. The whole "Guns gag order" thing should have been left in 2014. It'd be kickass to see Axl, Slash and Duff out there doing interviews and photos. Maybe whoever is running the promo ship just figured the shows would sell themselves and intense promo isn't necessary. To an extent they're right, but you'd think they'd do a little more than post a few billboards.

Axl is clearly comfortable enough with this sort of thing as can be seen in this AC/DC stuff. It's odd because with the AC/DC he's around total strangers who aren't his usual "yes men" and yet somehow he's more relaxed. What the hell is going on in 2016? Axl, is that you? :lol:

• Like 1

On 5/5/2016 at 8:38 AM, Cosmo said:

Axl's putting 300% more effort into Axl/DC than the reunion:

• He's actually rehearsing
  • By some miracle, the planets aligned and it seems he's got that rapsy voice back, at least on the rehearsals
  • He's actually doing interviews?!

He has to rehearse it's not his material. He needs to learn the songs. He makes some jokes about the rehearsals in the interview. He makes it clear he doesn't like rehearsals and does admit he learned somwething from them.

I suspect we will get interviews before the U.S tour as well.