Axl talks about being in AC/DC

Pedrolg

Saying all the right things.It'll be interesting to see/hear how Axl sounds.I just wish he was taking advantage of this downtime between the last Coachella show and the start of the summer tour with Guns working on new music with his band mates in Guns.Like most on the board i would assume are more curious about his future plans for Guns then the ACDC shows.Strange that we get an interview with Axl about the ACDC shows but not a peep from anyone about Guns

7 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Honestly, it tarnishes his legacy and image more to step totally out of his comfort zone, into a new band where he's generally not welcome based on public perception and deliver subpar performances, than to sing one GN'R song that he's ALWAYS had problems doing justice live at a subpar level. If he sounds like the first six shows on the US tour, I think most people will be pretty damn happy. 

I guess it depends on the definition of always. I think he kicked ass on YCBM during the UYI Tour.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

This.

And SO MUCH this.

All the guy is doing is stepping in to help another band out. He's not leaving GN'R behind or anything like that. All this is going to do is continue to re-make the bed that Axl made for himself years ago. Now, instead of having a ton of people talk about what a gigantic douche he WAS, people will talking about what a turnaround he made and what a cool guy he IS.

Axl is the new Dave Grohl.

• Like 1

"Rose also said he didn't know whether he would be able to sing some of the songs in the set"

This is were there could be trouble with the staunch DC fans. Also if he "doesn't know wether he'll be able to sing some of the songs in the set" don't they change the set seems rather strange

15 minutes ago, AFD5 said:

"Rose also said he didn't know whether he would be able to sing some of the songs in the set"

This is were there could be trouble with the staunch DC fans. Also if he "doesn't know wether he'll be able to sing some of the songs in the set" don't they change the set seems rather strange

I believe he was speaking in the past tense, as in before he started rehearsing with AC/DC. He wasn't sure if he could sing the songs or if they would like how he sang them. So he went and rehearsed. Apparently it has been going pretty well or he wouldn't be part of this thing. We've got the audio of some pretty tough AC/DC songs and he sounds great. If he can sing Thunderstruck, he can sing anything they throw at him.

9 hours ago, AFD5 said:

On the contrary, I think that Axl showing some humility and respect towards Brian will just win him more AC/DC fans. If he does a great job on the songs (seeing as how the leaked recordings have already got positive comments from die-hard Acca Dacca fans) he will win the fans' grudging respect. But, I don't think Axl is doing this primarily for them - he's clearly doing it out of his respect for the band itself. That is really cool. Regardless of the band's own statement, coming from Axl himself, this is really cool. I think he's got to be in a very good place mentally, to be able to even think of offering his services, and to be confident enough that he can attempt to pull it off. I can't imagine him doing something like this during the wilderness years or even the CD / post CD years when there was so much pressure on him. Maybe it's because there isn't a target/monkey on his back because he's not solely responsible for the GN'R name anymore  (Or maybe, it's the other way round and because of his new found confidence or sense of peace with himself, that he's found himself open to working with Slash and Duff or even being positive enough to offer a helping hand to his idols).  Also, considering that Brian once took a dig at him for his lateness, it's nice to see that Axl is not holding any grudges here and is being out and out complimentary towards him and his legacy. Parts of BIB have really got to be a bitch to sing. Even for Axl Rose. Now, that's something. Personally, I hope he talks about how AC/DC and Bon in particular influenced him during the interview. That would be awesome. His respect for the band's legacy is only going to win some of the toughest of the AC/DC fandom over and if not, at least get them to give him a listen.

Edited by The Archer
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, hypird said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03t6h6t

1 minute clip there for you

Awesome, thanks - I was going online to see if there would be a link to the interview when it airs live.

Sean Keaveny is doing the interview tomorrow at 07:00 AM UK time -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b078jnwp

I think it can be heard live here - 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music

I don't think I am going to be up that early to listen. But it seems like the recorded versions are available for replay though, which is great.

Edited by The Archer

It's crazy that it's taken Axl 30 years to become gracious :P but It's great to see it! He'll kill it, and when he gets back on the road with gnr it'll hopefully continue. The better the press and reception, the better our chances of hearing something new from him. I think all this stuff is great for us!

...And it's funny that Axl is doing interviews for AC/DC and not GnR :rofl-lol: The guys complaining in the other thread will love this! :P

I really hope Saturdays gig goes really well as its history in the making.As I've said before Axl must get the fans onside early on (first couple of numbers) if Axls seated wich we think he's going to be it's going to be another hurdle as normally Angus & Brian take centre stage working the crowd. It should be interesting hopefully we'll get a stream or periscope at least.

You know Angus, you could have stopped all those rumours if you had said this two months ago. Maybe he operates more like Guns than we thought. :lol:

Great little snippet though. It confirms that the little greeting was indeed part of a larger interview. I can't wait to see/hear the full thing.

4 minutes ago, James Bond said:

It's funny how much more positive the comments are on that video than anything else that has been posted on AC/DC's Facebook. I echo my previous point - see Angus? :lol:

They should have done something along those lines from the beginning. 

12 minutes ago, James Bond said:

It's funny how much more positive the comments are on that video than anything else that has been posted on AC/DC's Facebook. I echo my previous point - see Angus? :lol:

COuld you post some examples of ppl's feedback please?

Im not on FB. 

Still plenty of negative assholes though.  I went through and for all the negative comments that misspelled the man's name, I simply replied "*Axl". Actually for one who said "Ass Hole/DC" I did say "*Axl/DC"

Edited by GnRDuff1
Misspelled hole.
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, hudsonsaul said:

COuld you post some examples of ppl's feedback please?

Im not on FB. 

Lots of people just kind of going "well, fair enough. I'll give Axl a chance" and that sort of thing. Still some negative mixed in but it's a marked change from how their Facebook has been lately.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, James Bond said:

You know Angus, you could have stopped all those rumours if you had said this two months ago. Maybe he operates more like Guns than we thought. :lol:

Great little snippet though. It confirms that the little greeting was indeed part of a larger interview. I can't wait to see/hear the full thing.

Yeah, really. I'm curious though to hear Jim Breuer's response to this and for the conspiracy theories of a massive coverup to emerge...

25 minutes ago, GnRDuff1 said:

Still plenty of negative assholes though.  I went through and for all the negative comments that misspelled the man's name, I simply replied "*Axl". Actually for one who said " Ass Hol/DC" I did say "*Axl/DC"

I really think that the negativity comes from just one section of the die-hards who are a small proportion of the overall fan base. If you look at the response to the post of the band picture from earlier in the day, of the 28K expressions expressed, there are about 26K likes, about 1K sad smileys and about 1K hearts. The last two groups are people at the extreme end of the curve - those who are really unhappy and those who are really happy. It's mostly these people who've bothered to make the 2K+ comments. I didn't run through all of them, but looking at a small statistical sample, the trend seemed to be something like this - 50% of them being positive about Axl joining the band 40% of them having outright negative views, and about 10 % of them being between neutral to giving Axl a fair shot.

Edited by The Archer
  • Like 1

Just now, The Archer said:

I really think that the negativity comes from just one section of the die-hards who are a small proportion of the overall fan base. If you look at the response to the post of the band picture from earlier in the day, of the 28K expressions expressed, there are about 26K likes, about 1K sad smileys and about 1K hearts. The last two groups are people at the extreme end of the curve - those who are really unhappy and those who are really happy. It's mostly these people who've bother to make the 2K+ comments. I didn't run through all of them, but looking at a small statistical sample, the trend seemed to be something like this - 50% of them being positive about Axl joining the band 40% of them having outright negative views, and about 10 % of them being between neutral to giving giving Axl a fair shot.

2k comments? I must have looked at it early or my FB is being weird. It only told me about 239 comments or something. I was pleased with how much positivity there was, but the negative people were just so damned vulgar about their distaste for one Axl Rose.

Just now, GnRDuff1 said:

2k comments? I must have looked at it early or my FB is being weird. It only told me about 239 comments or something. I was pleased with how much positivity there was, but the negative people were just so damned vulgar about their distaste for one Axl Rose.

I was referring to the post from 8 hours ago, with the band picture, not the one with the video that you commented on. That one has about 600+ comments. There are a whole lot more sad smiley responses to the new one because of people hearing about Brian's condition (once again considerably outnumbered by likes and hearts). But, from a look at the comments, I see a higher percentage of comments that are positive about Axl than for the previous post. Some of this seems like its because people have now heard recordings of Axl singing and some of it seems to have been acceptance of the situation with Brian.