Axl talks about being in AC/DC

Pedrolg

We already knew he stepped forward for it, that's not a revelation. The original press release said something to the effect of "Axl  Rose, who graciously offered his services, will join the band for the remaining dates". 

• Like 3

I'm happy and excited in one sense, but I think it would be inappropriate to be celebrating, in a certain way, at someone else's expense," he said.

"That's not what I'm here to do. It's an unfortunate situation."

Rose also said he didn't know whether he would be able to sing some of the songs in the set.

"A lot of the Back In Black stuff is really challenging. I'm not here in any way out of any disrespect to Brian. I can't take anything away from his singing at all," he said.

"He's a great singer and it's really challenging to sing it. I'm just trying to do it justice for the fans."

1 minute ago, James Bond said:

It's funny after all the debate in the other threads about which band has the more demanding songs, here it is from Axl himself about how hard the early Brian stuff is. Him and Angus seem respectable about the situation, and it does sound like it was ultimately Brian's decision to leave when he did.

All in all, really cool of Axl and it will indeed be the year of the Rose.

Of course that material is challenging, but so is GN'R material. Sucks that he feels he can't mail it in with the AC/DC stuff, meanwhile we get Mickey Mouse on YCBM every night. Doesn't show much respect for the GN'R fanbase to be honest.

3 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Of course that material is challenging, but so is GN'R material. Sucks that he feels he can't mail it in with the AC/DC stuff, meanwhile we get Mickey Mouse on YCBM every night. Doesn't show much respect for the GN'R fanbase to be honest.

If he sang full on rasp on every song for all these years he would have completely blown his voice out by now. This AC/DC thing is 12 dates.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Axl owns dexter said:

If he sang full on rasp on every song for all these years he would have completely blown his voice out by now. This AC/DC thing is 12 dates.

In fact, he did blow his voice out in 2010. It's recovering, but it will probably never sound the same.

12 minutes ago, DIST said:

Thank you Angus by take care of him. 

Not that this matters, but dude your likes to post count is legit. I had to like this just to set you over the edge. If there was an award for most liked poster it'd have to go to you? You are the king of the one liners! 

Edited by Sprite
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

We already knew he stepped forward for it, that's not a revelation. The original press release said something to the effect of "Axl  Rose, who graciously offered his services, will join the band for the remaining dates". 

This.

32 minutes ago, Estranged Reality said:

axl is gonna generate so much goodwill after this is over. it really is the year of the rose.

And SO MUCH this.

All the guy is doing is stepping in to help another band out. He's not leaving GN'R behind or anything like that. All this is going to do is continue to re-make the bed that Axl made for himself years ago. Now, instead of having a ton of people talk about what a gigantic douche he WAS, people will talking about what a turnaround he made and what a cool guy he IS.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Honestly, it tarnishes his legacy and image more to step totally out of his comfort zone, into a new band where he's generally not welcome based on public perception and deliver subpar performances, than to sing one GN'R song that he's ALWAYS had problems doing justice live at a subpar level. If he sounds like the first six shows on the US tour, I think most people will be pretty damn happy. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

This.

And SO MUCH this.

All the guy is doing is stepping in to help another band out. He's not leaving GN'R behind or anything like that. All this is going to do is continue to re-make the bed that Axl made for himself years ago. Now, instead of having a ton of people talk about what a gigantic douche he WAS, people will talking about what a turnaround he made and what a cool guy he IS.

:thumbsup: