First airing - listen in and comment on AXL/DC BBC 6 interview

The Archer

What’s the latest with Phil [Rudd, former drummer who was arrested for threatening to kill a former employee last year]?
Angus: “Phil I haven’t heard from. He’s been very quiet of late.”
Axl: “I’ve talked to him about these other singers, though!”
Read more at http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/nme-exclusive-acdc-and-axl-rose-interviewed#H7WRUAIXChKQykR4.99

ROFL!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Dude, tell me about it!  What's up with that?

1 hour ago, NicoRourke said:

So great hearing Axl, but I could do without Angus' "yes" every 2 seconds :-)

It's painful listening to him talk. Felt like yelling "Just Spit It Out!!!"

• Like 1

Great interview, I've just listen to it on a bus smiling like an idiot. Axl is really well-spoken and funny. Seriously, he should record some audio books, I really love his voice, could listen to it over and over again. :drool: #FangirlingFriday 

Angus on the other hand...well he reminds me of myself years ago when I had to give a brief interview for a radio that nobody listened to about a project I took part in... :blink:

2 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Great interview, I've just listen to it on a bus smiling like an idiot. Axl is really well-spoken and funny. Seriously, he should record some audio books, I really love his voice, could listen to it over and over again. :drool: #FangirlingFriday 

Angus on the other hand...well he reminds me of myself years ago when I had to give a brief interview for a radio that nobody listened to about a project I took part in... :blink:

Angus is like your worst job interview moment. Bless him :lol:

5 hours ago, Stress Fracture said:

So Axl is open to being a full time member of AC/DC.

I don't think you get to be a full time member of two rock giants at his age...

I don't think that would be a problem. He could spend some time with GN'R 2017-2018 and then again with AC/DC 2019-2020 and so on.

I'm just really happy for Axl. He's doing really well for himself this year and I hope it stays positive for him. 

I feel bad for Brian. If this was Axl being replaced, I'd definitely be selling my ticket and I'd be pretty pissed off. But, I think i'm gonna go n see them in London. It's a chance to see Axl and Angus, and if GNR come to the UK at some point I'm worried i might not get to go for whatever reason so I'd like to at least see Axl when I know I can. I'll check out the vids of the upcoming gigs first and see how it looks, before buying, and hopefully he's on his feet by June 4th. 

Axl sounded pretty fucking amazing on that rehearsal video and since then I've been pretty excited about the whole thing. 

EDIT: HOLY SHIT! Just heard all 3 rehearsal vids... I HAVE to be there for that! I can't believe how fucking excited I am now haha hopefully I can find a friend that would actually like to go. 

Edited by MrShankly
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

very cool that Axl is motivated by Angus and his movement on stage. I think everyone is motivated after watching videos of Angus nearly passing out from performing too hard. 

Too bad that Axl will be sitting the whole time. 

12 hours ago, The Archer said:

I was wondering the same. Does anyone in the UK know if this station/show is widely listened to? I wonder why AC/DC's management gave them the first interview instead of doing it on a classic rock station.

6music is popular, but not *really* mainstream. It's a station for people who enjoy good music of many genres. I'd estimate their core audience is ages 30+. We don't have any mainstream classic rock stations sadly. I hoped that it would at least be worth of a late night slot on Radio One, but that is mostly listened to by teenagers.

• Like 1

I listen to 6Music daily, I don't think they've ever played a Guns song - they just don't fit with their image. I think it was conceived as a 'new music' station and is mostly indie. The only Guns songs I can imagine them playing are You're Crazy (Lies version) or maybe Used to Love her. That said they do play the odd hard rock song, by AC/DC or someone like that and it is the BBC so it's "mainstream" in that sense and certainly reputable. 

The show that it was aired on - Sean Keaveny breakfast show is popular though.

5 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

So was the NME interview a totally difference interview than from the radio interview? And what about the clips that are being posted on social media, is that a third, separate interview too?

The video footage appears to be AC/DC's own, then there's the separate BBC radio 6 interview and the additional NME print interview.

• Like 1