First airing - listen in and comment on AXL/DC BBC 6 interview

The Archer

3 minutes ago, The Archer said:

IMO, he still avoided the question about whether they told Brian that they were replacing him with Axl. Or, he didn't directly touch that.

Yes, but at least I'm glad they asked the question. Imagine if they'd done an entire interview not mentioning Brian, the AC/DC-hive would have exploded. :lol:

If this DJ had any talent, he'd let a fake Brian Johnson call in to the show and let him berate them. ;) (which is why it's probably pre-recorded i know) :lol:

Edited by Bumblefeet

Just now, MrSoftie said:

I think he just wants to clarify his exact wording. He really doesn't want to sound cocky here. "No no, I said I'd try" lol

Yea pretty much any Axl interview is this way. haha he doesn't want to be misinterpreted, and he wants his opinion known...but thats hard to do in these short segments which is likely why he avoids interviews

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Archer said:

IMO, he still avoided the question about whether they told Brian that they were replacing him with Axl. Or, he didn't directly touch that.

He's making it sound a friendly parting with Brian but I read they just dumped his stuff at his doorstep literally. Knowing the Young brothers this wouldn't surprise me, but it does disappoint me. They are not the easiest of people to get along with.

58 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The presenter has just implied Axl sounded drunk. He did not sound drunk to me!

I thought he was unfairly referring to Axl having a reputation for being late (it's not entirely untrue, but not fair without context) and then implying that he got some 'Rosie' as in Whole Lotta Rosie, just before the interview. Did I totally mishear what he said?

Edit - after part 2, I got that the joke was on the interviewer. Apparently, HE sounded like he was drunk.

Edited by The Archer

2 minutes ago, rock4eva said:

He always does, I've been into AcDc since 1975 & he's not changed since then.

Yeah I know, it's almost like nothing is a big deal, very laid back dude, I think thats why he was always interviewed along side Brian, since Brian is really charismatic and is always a laugh.

I'm a little upset because it sounds like they cut Angus off when they were talking about the chemistry with Axl. Axl said thats for these guys to answer and just as Angus started talking the interviewer asked a new question. 

I liked how he said in trying out for the band Axl sang his balls off haha 

6 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Yeah I know, it's almost like nothing is a big deal, very laid back dude, I think thats why he was always interviewed along side Brian, since Brian is really charismatic and is always a laugh.

I've noticed that too about interviews or any public appearance by him really. The only conclusion I could make is that he conserves every bit of his life force for those moments on stage where he goes absolutely beserk. Kind of admirable really.

5 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I'm a little upset because it sounds like they cut Angus off when they were talking about the chemistry with Axl. Axl said thats for these guys to answer and just as Angus started talking the interviewer asked a new question. 

I liked how he said in trying out for the band Axl sang his balls off haha 

Yeah, the best part was about Angus referring to Axl's mike-stand flying moves almost taking his head off during the first rehearsal with the band:lol:. Damn, its a pity that the AC/DC fandom are going to see an artificially subdued Axl. Their loss sadly.

4 minutes ago, rock4eva said:

God I really miss Bon Scott right now. This is taking me back to my teen years. :cry:

Bon Lives!

Edited by The Archer

1 minute ago, The Archer said:

I've noticed that too about interviews or any public appearance by him really. The only conclusion I could make is that he conserves every bit of his life force for those moments on stage where he goes absolutely beserk. Kind of admirable really.

Yeah, the best part was about Angus referring to Axl's mike-stand flying moves almost taking his head off during the first rehearsal with the band:lol:. Damn, its a pity that the AC/DC fandom are going to see an artificially subdued Axl. Their loss really.

Hopefully his foot heals enough so he can somewhat do his thing because seeing Axl and Angus perform together is like a dream team up of entertainment on stage. Especially since I think Axl would really take it to another level considering he's done that vocally.

God, what do they listen to these days on UK music channels? Cauliflower crops and farming? I remember listening to Bruce Dickinson's Rock/Metal show a few times, many years ago - that was a world away from this.

Edited by The Archer

1 minute ago, The Archer said:

God, what do they listen to these days on UK music channels? Cauliflower crops and farming? I remember listening to Bruce Dickinson's show many years ago - that was a world away from this.

Yeah I don't listen to radio anymore, just podcasts.

2 minutes ago, The Archer said:

God, what do they listen to these days on UK music channels? Cauliflower crops and farming? I remember listening to Bruce Dickinson's Rock/Metal show a few times, many years ago - that was a world away from this.

Myself and fellow Brits in this thread didn't know this channel existed... so yeah, not a popular one. Don't blame us for this shite! :lol:

But yeah I'm solely a Spotify and Podcast listener these days. Can't be assed putting up with the host's music taste.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

Myself and fellow Brits in this thread didn't know this channel existed... so yeah, not a popular one. Don't blame us for this shite! :lol:

But yeah I'm solely a Spotify and Podcast listener these days. Can't be assed putting up with the host's music taste.

:lol: What is this now? The UK version of Judge Judy?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

Now now, you can't beat a bit of Judge Judy with your afternoon cuppa.

I admittedly did go through a phase of watching it excessively one day... it was strange...

See! I hope Axl realizes the shit we endure just to hear what he has to say, we're discussing Judge Judy for fuck's sake xD

Kill me now.

Edited by AlexC
  • Like 1