First airing - listen in and comment on AXL/DC BBC 6 interview

The Archer

10 minutes ago, The Archer said:

Okay, this IS big - Axl tried to avoid the question, but he said he would record music if Angus and the band wanted him to, but they would take things as they come and see how the shows went.

Angus making a joke about Axl needing to do Guns N Roses first.

I didn't catch the bit about the Glastonbury festival.

You know I can totally see this happening. After years in the shadows he's going to end up juggling being the frontman of 2 stadium bands. So funny! :lol:

• Like 1

On being asked what the message for the fans was, Angus said that Axl had a ton of energy and that the band as a whole was excited and full of energy and that they would bring it to the shows. Axl added that he was really excited. Also, he spoke about how they felt much more excited and confident about things after seeing how things went during the rehearsals.

I thought that the overall mood was positive and that the laughing and joking showed that they've gelled well together in a short time. Angus seems impressed by Axl and what he can bring to the table and Axl is evidently very excited and clearly respectful of AC/DC without being entirely overawed.

The bit about Angus being impressed by female Rock bands would have been more interesting if he had actually named a few. Axl's insight into record companies not preferring to deal with bands anymore was telling.

It would have been great to see a little more love for Brian on the lines of the tour being dedicated to him, or them saying that they have him in their thoughts and how far they've come with him and how great he's been etc. But I think that Angus is a pretty private individual in general and has not been particularly vocal about issues and problems. I don't think that AC/DC really expressed their feelings when Bon died either - though it must have been really hard on them. They let their music do the talking. I think that Angus isn't lying when he says that he doesn't want things to end in tragedy for the band or for Brian. It would probably just go over better for all of Brian's fans if he just displayed more empathy and emotion, but it probably isn't in his nature to be overly emotional.

• Like 1

That was a cool way to kickoff Friday!

Listened to the whole thing and what surprised me the most is the fact that this could be a permanent thing after the tour is complete. 

This interview was essentially the nail in the coffin for Brian's tenure in the band. 

they need to put some respeck on Brian's name... All tree of them.. Especially the  interviewer.. Why would they record an album with Axl when Brian clearly said he still plans on recording music he just can't do arenas 

Edited by spliff

54 minutes ago, alfierose said:

You know I can totally see this happening. After years in the shadows he's going to end up juggling being the frontman of 2 stadium bands. So funny! :lol:

I thought 2006 was going to be Axl's year. It turns out that he was just on Axl time and 10 years late. 2016 is shaping out to be the Year of Axl.

• Like 3

http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/nme-exclusive-acdc-and-axl-rose-interviewed

this interview is different, right?

So what happens after these shows – does the band continue in this format? Do you get another singer? Does Brian come back?
Axl: “Whatever they’re doing with Brian, that’s not my place to talk, that’s their business. Anybody else, I will slowly poison them!”

:lol:
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, danijel00 said:

So what happens after these shows – does the band continue in this format? Do you get another singer? Does Brian come back?
Axl: “Whatever they’re doing with Brian, that’s not my place to talk, that’s their business. Anybody else, I will slowly poison them!”

Awesome! That interview is definitely different. It's really funny. Some cool stuff there.  I'm going to post that in the media thread if that's fine.

47 minutes ago, danijel00 said:

I also loved that The Beatles reference Axl threw there. He went all "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" on those rival singer choises. :D

1 hour ago, danijel00 said:

What a great interview! Fun reading all these.

Guys, this is a great interview!

With this kind of attitude, Axl can only win people over. So many things in there, gotta read it again!

I bet Angus told him something like 'you have to help us sell this to the fans', hence why all the press. Now if he could do the same for GNR that would be nice. We've also waited a long time for some words.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Italian girl said:

I'm not happy if this happens..

No future for GNR?

AC/DC after this year will probably not tour for a good 3-4 years so got loads of time to do Guns N Roses which i believe keep open a European tour next summer and others .. also think slash solo project is not planned to end as iv heard he will work on it at the end of the year. 

2 minutes ago, SSHGUNS said:

AC/DC after this year will probably not tour for a good 3-4 years so got loads of time to do Guns N Roses which i believe keep open a European tour next summer and others .. also think slash solo project is not planned to end as iv heard he will work on it at the end of the year. 

That's Right....

2 hours ago, Stress Fracture said:

So Axl is open to being a full time member of AC/DC.

I don't think you get to be a full time member of two rock giants at his age...

GN'R is a part time deal for him. 5 years in the mansion playing video games for every 1 year of GN'R touring. :P

• Like 1