Axl On AC/DC Interview With NME UK

wooocraig

Also, does anyone find the way that everyone is talking about Brian in these interviews REALLY weird? I can totally understand why fans and friends of Brian's are feeling like he's been totally disrespected, tossed to the curb. The way Axl says that none of the band have been bitching about Brian and they haven't even talked about him much at all is just so bizarre. Why would anyone be bitching?! It's not like he's done a Richie Sambora and fucked off in the middle of a tour over money. The poor guy might go completely deaf and it's almost as if the band is privately so annoyed he's had to stop that they can't bring themselves to show him some fucking love, support and appreciation. 

And I think it's really interesting that Axl basically says that if there's any future AC/DC shows that Brian can't do that he wants in. 

Best part of the interview: 

What’s the latest with Phil [Rudd, former drummer who was arrested for threatening to kill a former employee last year]?
Angus: “Phil I haven’t heard from. He’s been very quiet of late.”
Axl: “I’ve talked to him about these other singers [AC/DC auditioned], though!”

• Like 1

Sounds like Axl is up to making it work in ACDC as their full time singer. How that effects guns is anyone's guess? But at 54 to become the workaholic that Axl will have to be to maintain both bands is astonishing. He can do it though, an ACDC AXL album seems more likely than a new gnr record currently 

3 hours ago, KiernanProud said:

What’s the latest with Phil [Rudd, former drummer who was arrested for threatening to kill a former employee last year]?

No doubt. I still laugh when I think about this. Have to hand it to Axl.

3 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

yea he was one hell of a singer

Hell yeah. I can't believe it's been 6 years since then. That was just a great day and a great performance.

On 5/7/2016 at 10:38 AM, KiernanProud said:

From Phil Rudd:

In an NZME interview earlier this month, when asked about Rudd, Angus Young said, "Phil I haven't heard from. He's been very quiet of late," but Axl Rose was quoted as saying "I've talked to him about these other singers, though!"  

Rudd smiled at that. "No, I have not spoken to Axl. He has not spoken to me."  

As for playing again with the band, Rudd is not saying never.  "It is up to Angus, what he wants to do. I am limited to where I can go."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/bay-of-plenty-times/news/article.cfm?c_id=1503343&objectid=11638962

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Funky.Monkey said:

From Phil Rudd:

In an NZME interview earlier this month, when asked about Rudd, Angus Young said, "Phil I haven't heard from. He's been very quiet of late," but Axl Rose was quoted as saying "I've talked to him about these other singers, though!"  

As for playing again with the band, Rudd is not saying never.  "It is up to Angus, what he wants to do. I am limited to where I can go."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/bay-of-plenty-times/news/article.cfm?c_id=1503343&objectid=11638962

Well I knew he didn't really speak to Rudd. Axl's joke was that he talked to Phil about the other singers, because he was kicked out of the band for hiring hitmen. 

2 hours ago, Funky.Monkey said:

From Phil Rudd:

It's cool to see that Phil took the joke with good humor.

On May 7, 2016 at 1:14 PM, IncitingChaos said:

Sounds like Axl is up to making it work in ACDC as their full time singer. How that effects guns is anyone's guess? But at 54 to become the workaholic that Axl will have to be to maintain both bands is astonishing. He can do it though, an ACDC AXL album seems more likely than a new gnr record currently 

With the gaps AC/DC taken with their last few albums and the gap since Chinese Democracy, we should start taking forum bets about which band will get new material out first.

• Like 1