Axl On AC/DC Interview With NME UK

wooocraig

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

"if I really screw up, they can really blame me for that"

WHO IS THIS NEW AXL?!?!?! :lol::headbang:

It's the old Axl who's back! :) The Axl that dissapeared 1994. And now 22 years later he is back, taking risks, playing with his old band mates and sings wonderful again. :headbang:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wooocraig said:

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere, I couldn't see it on my mobile. Here is a new decent length  interview with NME.  Lots of Axl humor!

http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/nme-exclusive-acdc-and-axl-rose-interviewed

it was posted in the bbc video thread and I posted the full text in the media thread too - but this is one really awesome interview and should get lots of publicity :lol:. I've already sent it to a dozen friends and family and am getting messages about how funny Axl is.

Not much of a fun day off.
Axl: “Well actually, the Profenal – I know why Michael Jackson was into it now! The doctor said, it’s not for home use!”

:lol:

Love his sense of humour. Any chance of a new Axl-chat Uncle Ax?

35 minutes ago, The Archer said:

I think that without doubt the best line in this interview, at least for those who know their recent AC/DC history, was the line about Axl hiring Phil Rudd to kill off his competitors for the frontman job.:lol: That was so good that even fans of Phil Rudd are going to be in two minds as to whether to hate Axl or support him. Just brilliant comic genius.

Can't believe he said that..he's dark!! I like it :lol:

Must hear interview voice before I judge.

I think we are in for a real treat starting tomorrow. I think he is going to kill on every song, and GNR fans should love it! 

It's almost like he won't ever win with the GNR world, but he can sure elevate his rock frontman status with great performances with AC/DC. Hope all media picks up on this one.

2 hours ago, The Archer said:

I think that without doubt the best line in this interview, at least for those who know their recent AC/DC history, was the line about Axl hiring Phil Rudd to kill off his competitors for the frontman job.:lol: That was so good that even fans of Phil Rudd are going to be in two minds as to whether to hate Axl or support him. Just brilliant comic genius.

That's awesome. Dude has a wicked sense of humor when he decides to show it in public. Remember the Eddie Trunk interview in 2006? Mike Piazza called in from San Diego. Trunk goes, "He's playing for the Padres." Axl responds, "I thought it was the Pirates" in reference to Piazza's leak of the song IRS a few years earlier. It was one of those lines that was so quick and witty, none of the other people in the room (Sebastian Bach, Chris Jericho, Scott Ian, Eddie Trunk) caught it and responded.

Edited by GNRfan2008
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, PirateRadio said:

Must hear interview voice before I judge.

I think we are in for a real treat starting tomorrow. I think he is going to kill on every song, and GNR fans should love it! 

It's almost like he won't ever win with the GNR world, but he can sure elevate his rock frontman status with great performances with AC/DC. Hope all media picks up on this one.

He doesn't seem 100% confident about Hells Bells. That's okay, because it really is a beast of a song. He'll get some respect even if he does it half well.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Italian girl said:

ok, the real axl died some years ago. this one is an alter ego

No no, the alter ago has been in charge since 08, they swapped in the real Axl for the important stuff ;)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Archer said:

He doesn't seem 100% confident about Hells Bells. That's okay, because it really is a beast of a song. He'll get some respect even if he does it half well.

He's actually going for the high notes, which Brian literally never did live - it's better by default IMO. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

He's actually going for the high notes, which Brian literally never did live - it's better by default IMO. 

He gets credit for going for it, that's for sure. Brian was probably wise to alter his live take, but all the same it's incredible that at 54 Axl is attempting (and hitting) those notes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GNRfan2008 said:

That's awesome. Dude has a wicked sense of humor when he decides to show it in public. Remember the Eddie Trunk interview in 2006? Mike Piazza called in from San Diego. Trunk goes, "He's playing for the Padres." Axl responds, "I thought it was the Pirates" in reference to Piazza's leak of the song IRS a few years earlier. It was one of those lines that was so quick and witty, none of the other people in the room (Sebastian Bach, Chris Jericho, Scott Ian, Eddie Trunk) caught it and responded.

I dunno....maybe all he ever thinks about is out the biz has ripped him off ;-)