Favorite GN'R drummer

Who's your favorite?  

194 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

This is awesome... I tried watching some videos from the latest shows again last night.  I actually was doing other stuff and tried just listening.. Just not that good.. Frank needs to go... ASAP.

I feel like there are only a handful of songs that they really pull off well.. So unfortunate...

do I get the feel Frank played normally tempo-wise and all during nuGuns...?

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

75% for either Steven or Matt. The people have spoken in rejecting nugnr nonsense.

That seems to be a logical leap you are taking there. Pushing your bias on a poll that simply asks for a favorite. Steven is my favorite. But that doesn't mean that I reject all the other drummers or any of the other GNR lineups.

Gonna get hate for this, but... Sorum!

Guy is a bit of a tool, but I enjoyed his precision.

Adler...I dunno. I totally get the chemistry he had on Appetite and the loose feel he brought to the recordings, but frankly I also think he was the most "'80s party rocker dude" of the bunch and didn't even really understand what separated them from glam rock contemporaries at the time. I'm not decrying his contributions to Appetite, some of his naivety actually enhanced songs like Rocket Queen in a weird way, because it gave this fun rollicking carefree vibe to a song that was pretty dark and depressing by the end. But with his addictions and attitude, I don't think he would have been able to hang in there for the long haul, and I haven't been impressed with much of his work since (that I've heard, at least). 

Sorum's drumming on tracks like YCBM are just killer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Estranged Reality said:

Gonna get hate for this, but... Sorum!

Guy is a bit of a tool, but I enjoyed his precision.

Adler...I dunno. I totally get the chemistry he had on Appetite and the loose feel he brought to the recordings, but frankly I also think he was the most "'80s party rocker dude" of the bunch and didn't even really understand what separated them from glam rock contemporaries at the time. I'm not decrying his contributions to Appetite, some of his naivety actually enhanced songs like Rocket Queen in a weird way, because it gave this fun rollicking carefree vibe to a song that was pretty dark and depressing by the end. But with his addictions and attitude, I don't think he would have been able to hang in there for the long haul, and I haven't been impressed with much of his work since (that I've heard, at least). 

Sorum's drumming on tracks like YCBM are just killer. 

I actually agree.I love Adler for the work he did but imo Sorum 'fit' really well in the band,also I've only seen Guns with Sorum so i judge it on that too 

I love Steven Adler after all he's the original drummer 

but I have to pick brain one of the good things to come out of nuguns & out of all them who the fuck picked frank ferrer 

Edited by Hasan--97