Axl/DC= New music thread

Iron MikeyJ

Someone smacked me on the other thread for saying that right, I wish Axl would stick with ACDC forever <_<

Now they will have to apologize 'cause it looks like Axl wants to do this.... So yeah, anyone could tell this ACDC is way more fun than GN'R and he's probably more relaxed about it. He just have to worry about the art, not the logistics and the business.

If Axl's not going to make more music with Guns N' Roses ever again, then I'm totally down with him calling it quits and joining ACDC. Who would have thought in the past this could be a possibility.

I'm not wanting Axl to call it quits with gnr and ONLY be in AC/DC. Honestly I'm not sure how I feel about an AC/DC album with Axl on vocals. Sure I would buy it, but that gets me least excited than all other scenarios. 

I'm just talking about the AC/DC hits with Axl on vocals, that makes me excited.

14 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I'm not wanting Axl to call it quits with gnr and ONLY be in AC/DC. Honestly I'm not sure how I feel about an AC/DC album with Axl on vocals. Sure I would buy it, but that gets me least excited than all other scenarios. 

I'm just talking about the AC/DC hits with Axl on vocals, that makes me excited.

well, yeah... If these shows go right and Axl shines, it'd be fucking awesome they release a live album of this tour.

They should come to Argentina and record it here, haha :P

Axl is crazy but he is not stupid, this AC/DC thing is his childhood dream. He did not bring back Slash and Duff just to do 25 shows he could sell it with nugnr. And in AC/DC the main guy is Angus and he is biggest attraction Axl's ego can't let that happen for long time. I'm looking forward to see them in Vienna it's just too great not be there. And for the end Axl have his own band, and finally after looooong time he got chance to make something great, if he fuck this with Slash and Duff again am fucking done with Axl and probably will start listen some Justin Bieber shit.:P

1 minute ago, DexAxl said:

Axl is crazy but he is not stupid, this AC/DC thing is his childhood dream. He did not bring back Slash and Duff just to do 25 shows he could sell it with nugnr. And in AC/DC the main guy is Angus and he is biggest attraction Axl's ego can't let that happen for long time. I'm looking forward to see them in Vienna it's just too great not be there. And for the end Axl have his own band, and finally after looooong time he got chance to make something great, if he fuck this with Slash and Duff again am fucking done with Axl and probably will start listen some Justin Bieber shit.:P

So far, NOTHING absolutely nothing indicates Slash and Duff will stick beyond the Not In This Lifetime tour.

When and if they finally talk and say what are the future plans, we will know we can rest assure regarding Guns N' Roses. Otherwise, it's really looking like he's way more excited with this and living a bigger dream than the GN'R reunion.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, or fuel manic hysteria on the part of some of our fellow GN'R lovers that Axl is going to abandon his own band (yeah, in this context, HIS own band) and become solely frontman for AC/DC. That being said, I completely agree with Iron Mike. As a fan of Axl (and also as a HUGE fan of AC/DC), this is just a living, waking, walking wet dream.

Forget boots, if this tour goes well and Axl hits some of those highs that we know no one's seen for quite some while (I'm looking at you Shoot to Thrill), I think it would be absolutely criminal of Angus to not release a Live Album, especially after all his brave talk of how they are going to knock our socks off. I would see it as a letdown of Uncle Axl ;). If Grandpa Angus is really as grateful as he says he is for Axl stepping in and saving them all that trouble, they should legitimize Axl's status as the fourth frontman of AC/DC, either with a live album, or with a slap and dash of new songs and live videos that they can get out quickly like they did for Who Made Who. Tie it in with a new movie - Guardians of the Galaxy 2 or Justice league part 1, and BAM!

This is sounding like a crazy fantasy for sure, but I never asked the universe to give me this unexpected gift, so there's no harm in asking for more while the going is good. :lol:

Edited by The Archer

5 minutes ago, killuridols said:

So far, NOTHING absolutely nothing indicates Slash and Duff will stick beyond the Not In This Lifetime tour.

When and if they finally talk and say what are the future plans, we will know we can rest assure regarding Guns N' Roses. Otherwise, it's really looking like he's way more excited with this and living a bigger dream than the GN'R reunion.

Axl is not some kid who just started his band and his band is too small and he gets offer from AC/DC and it's WOW i got offer from fucking AC/DC fuck you shitty guys. If GNR throw one decent record they can get money from tours AC/DC can just imagine.

2 minutes ago, DexAxl said:

Axl is not some kid who just started his band and his band is too small and he gets offer from AC/DC and it's WOW i got offer from fucking AC/DC fuck you shitty guys. If GNR throw one decent record they can get money from tours AC/DC can just imagine.

Let's not kid ourselves here. At full throttle, they can rival AC/DC, and if everything falls in line, maybe even hope to outsell them in some markets. Dwarfing them as a live draw is unrealistic.

• Like 1

A live album with Axl would be really amazing... but I can't really see new songs even a new album with him... oh wait I couldn't see a AC/DC feat. Axl tour a couple of months ago either…

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Archer said:

Let's not kid ourselves here. At full throttle, they can rival AC/DC, and if everything falls in line, maybe even hope to outsell them in some markets. Dwarfing them as a live draw is unrealistic.

Agreed. Let's not forget that Black Ice was the highest grossing tour of all time until U2 bested them with 360.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

Honestly, after hearing that interview today? I could totally see it. There is a really good chance these 22 dates aren't all we see of Axl/DC by the sounds of it. 

Can you guys imagine Axl writing AC/DC lyrics? He's a funny guy, I actually think he could write some pretty hilarious tongue-in-cheek stuff with them. 

Axl's retort to the BBC interviewer that he'd need his help to convince Angus to accept the lyrics that he had in mind for AC/DC, may have sounded as if they were in half jest. But, with Angus not shooting the idea down and only nodding and adopting a let's wait and see position, that suggestion begins to seem half really serious. If the shows are as good as Angus hopes they will be, anything is possible.

35 minutes ago, The Archer said:

Axl's retort to the BBC interviewer that he'd need his help to convince Angus to accept the lyrics that he had in mind for AC/DC, may have sounded as if they were in half jest. But, with Angus not shooting the idea down and only nodding and adopting a let's wait and see position, that suggestion begins to seem half really serious. If the shows are as good as Angus hopes they will be, anything is possible.

Yeah I noticed that too.

It's pretty low-risk when you think about it, there's no way anything Axl writes is any worse than most of what made it onto the last few AC/DC albums. It's never really been about the lyrics since Bon died; I really think he could capture the essence of their earlier style if they decided to go down that path.

• Like 1

I would absolutely LOVE a live album, I might actually prefer that over a new AC/DC album tbh. Why? Because we know what we are getting with a live album, lots of great songs. A new studio album could be great, it could be average, or it could be Shit. We just don't know, but a LIVE album is a sure bet. 

If I was to rank my ideal scenrios, this is how I would rank them

1. NEW Guns n Roses album

2. NEW Guns n roses greatest hits with CD tracks rerecorded with Slash and Duff plus a 2 or 3 NEW songs.

3. Axl/DC live album

4. Axl/DC soundboard boots

5. Axl/DC NEW album

6. Guns n roses reunion live album

7. Guns n roses reunion soundboard boots

Even though the the gnr boots are last on my list, I still WANT them. ?

Edited by Iron MikeyJ
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I would absolutely LOVE a live album, I might actually prefer that over a new AC/DC album tbh. Why? Because we know what we are getting with a live album, lots of great songs. A new studio album could be great, it could be average, or it could be Shit. We just don't know, but a LIVE album is a sure bet. 

2. NEW Guns n roses greatest hits with CD tracks rerecorded with Slash and Duff plus a 2 or 3 NEW songs.

3. Axl/DC live album

5. Axl/DC NEW album

You are absolutely correct, we need axl/dc SDB boots!

My list

1. Guns n Roses reunion album (axl, izzy, slash, duff, steven)

2. Guns n Roses outtakes 10-albums box set (1986-1991)  (axl, izzy, slash, duff, steven, matt, dizzy)

3. Guns n Roses reunion live SDB boots (axl, izzy, slash, duff, steven)

4. NEW Axl/DC studio album with Axl lyrics and vocals

5. Axl/DC live soundboard boots

no matter what they (AC/DC) wanna do - they gotta make a SB recording of all the shows with Axl. this will never happen again, it just can not ever happen again, regardless of if they part ways or not.

if I could I would advise them - release 2-3 pro-shot videos per concert! it can only recruit more people, just look at the impact of Angus at GnR show shitty video (and even shittier audio) nose-bleed overdubbed recordings...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, killuridols said:

Someone smacked me on the other thread for saying that right, I wish Axl would stick with ACDC forever <_<

Now they will have to apologize 'cause it looks like Axl wants to do this.... So yeah, anyone could tell this ACDC is way more fun than GN'R and he's probably more relaxed about it. He just have to worry about the art, not the logistics and the business.

If Axl's not going to make more music with Guns N' Roses ever again, then I'm totally down with him calling it quits and joining ACDC. Who would have thought in the past this could be a possibility.

So funny... It's like all Axl wanted was to be a part of another band. Well....he could have!!! But he chose to call it Guns N' Roses and fuck the whole thing up.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

3. Axl/DC live album

5. Axl/DC NEW album

Everyone involved needs to know that this is a "to do" list and they need to get started on it right away.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, highvoltage said:

Yeah I noticed that too.

It's pretty low-risk when you think about it, there's no way anything Axl writes is any worse than most of what made it onto the last few AC/DC albums. It's never really been about the lyrics since Bon died; I really think he could capture the essence of their earlier style if they decided to go down that path.

Exactly. Imagine AC/DC recapturing that Dog Eat Dog/Sin City/Ride On type vibe!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ohmygod said:

Exactly. Imagine AC/DC recapturing that Dog Eat Dog/Sin City/Ride On type vibe!

Not to start a shit storm, but I really do believe that Bon played some sort of role into the writing of Back in Black. That album has a lot of really good lyrics on it. But outside of a few songs, lyrically the band has been pretty shitty ever since. So much so that they stopped having Brian even writing them. 

But I agree, Axl could give them a real fresh feel lyrically. The days of play ball would be over.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Not to start a shit storm, but I really do believe that Bon played some sort of role into the writing of Back in Black. That album has a lot of really good lyrics on it. But outside of a few songs, lyrically the band has been pretty shitty ever since. So much so that they stopped having Brian even writing them. 

But I agree, Axl could give them a real fresh feel lyrically. The days of play ball would be over.

Writing sessions had started with Bon before he died, but it was far from a complete album. The only one I'm pretty sure he had a hand in was YSMANL, other than that I couldn't tell you what had been written before he died.