Axl Rose and interviews (GN'R related)

I agree that the GNR stuff is way more complicated. People are going to ask him all kinds of tricky questions about his relationship with Slash and how they suddenly solved all the problems. Why he was so angry at Slash in the first place. Why Izzy and Steven aren't there etc...

But the silence in the GNR camp might also have something to do with these AC/DC shows. Perhaps they thought that it's wiser to start the bigger promotion after these AC/DC shows. I guess it would have been pretty weird to start building hype and then get suddenly interrupted by these AC/DC shows and then you have to start building hype all over again. Perhaps it was a better idea to stay mysterious until these AC/DC shows are done, and then start doing GNR interviews.

Besides Axl couldn't really have done any interviews before Coachella anyway, because everybody would have been asking him about AC/DC and he couldn't have been able to talk about it before it was officially revealed.

• Like 1

I think the boys just want to let the music and shows speak for themselves. Otherwise the media and fans and Internet music social warriors will just focus on and digest the interview to the death. 

Maybe they don't want to discuss intimate and still fresh details with the general public. 

Like it's always said on this forum. Axl doesn't owe us anything except  to walk out on the stage and rock our faces off for a couple hours. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lies They Tell said:

I agree that the GNR stuff is way more complicated. People are going to ask him all kinds of tricky questions about his relationship with Slash and how they suddenly solved all the problems. Why he was so angry at Slash in the first place. Why Izzy and Steven aren't there etc...

But the silence in the GNR camp might also have something to do with these AC/DC shows. Perhaps they thought that it's wiser to start the bigger promotion after these AC/DC shows. I guess it would have been pretty weird to start building hype and then get suddenly interrupted by these AC/DC shows and then you have to start building hype all over again. Perhaps it was a better idea to stay mysterious until these AC/DC shows are done, and then start doing GNR interviews.

Besides Axl couldn't really have done any interviews before Coachella anyway, because everybody would have been asking him about AC/DC and he couldn't have been able to talk about it before it was officially revealed.

I agree, there are a lot more questions in a gnr interview that wouldn't be easy to deal with.  Maybe they will once they have some more dates under their belt and Axl keeps up his good behavior.  Here's hoping!

Nothing makes sense in the GN'R world. Just enjoy it for what it is at the end of the day. Axl's been riding on the success of UYI and AFD and has released nothing significant since then, tried to go techno and brought DJ ashba to replace slash *facepalm* so finally that him and slash are back, for however long it may be, it's better to just be happy with whatever is made available, hopefully that is some new material.

He only lets Del James interview him yes? Maybe he's waiting for Del's new found/rekindled fan boy crush on Slash to dissipate before diving in. Maybe's Del's a loose cannon and will slip in a question Axl doesn't want to answer because Del is curious and a fan like the rest of us? This forum is all about taking limited information and going off the deep end with conspiracies so that's mine!!

On a more reasonable note I'd say @Len B'stard hit the nail on the head a few replies up.

Pure speculation here but I think there is a gag order by the promoters. Axl, Slash, and Duff are not allowed to say anything due to their contract with the promoter. Promoter is paranoid the whole thing will implode if someone says something that creates tension in the band. So they just don't talk about it at all.

3 hours ago, darkknite63 said:

I just don't get Axl Rose sometimes. In the AC/DC BBC interview, the NME interview and the Facebook videos. He seems confident, comfortable and funny. Why can't he just sit down with Slash and Duff, and just talk. Just sit down and talk. The media blackout may have generated buzz for the first few shows, but now people want to know whats up with the band. The interviews with AC/DC have brought so much insight and cleared up all the bullshit involving Brian being fired, how Axl got the job etc. The same should be done with GN'R, just tell us about Izzy and Steven, the reunion. It doesn't have to be awkward if you just open up and talk to us, your fans.

What do you guys think?

Agree 100%. I said the same in another thread. It makes it so damn hard to be a GnR fan. I am fine with Axl/DC, I think. But I feel kinda pissed right now that it seems Axl is more accessible for ACDC fans than us, the die hard Gunners, begging for crumbs... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Agree 100%. I said the same in another thread. It makes it so damn hard to be a GnR fan. I am fine with Axl/DC, I think. But I feel kinda pissed right now that it seems Axl is more accessible for ACDC fans than us, the die hard Gunners, begging for crumbs... 

I agree but as fans of GnR we know the media won't just simply ask what the band wants. There are a lot of things that perhaps the band feels isn't our business. For example Slash or Axl may have decided to let the past be the past and keep their personal issues there. Honestly I wish for an interview but the how's and why's and who did what doesn't interest me. Well it does but I can understand its their personal business. 

As far as Axl and wanting to possibly continue with ACDC a part of me sees no problem with it. That's because other members have other bands. We have to remember that. Also other members may not be willing to make this their only band. We know for example Slash is getting ready to record with his band. We can't hold Axl to something that others won't do.

Honestly I'd much rather Axl concentrate on GnR but realistically I'm thinking that if some of the other boys do things he can too. As long as they still work together but again who's to say Slash or Duff don't just want a one off here.

Geez. Just fucking wait for the Eddie Trunk interview. There is simply too much ugly baggage with Guns N Roses to just let anyone ask them about it. AC/DC isnt Axl's band. and them replacing Brian is a much less controversial topic, then exactly what the hell went on in the mid 90's with Guns that brought along the breakup. 

besides, this media blackout isnt hurting them in anyway. The Shows are selling just fine. They're being played all over rock radio, rock radio is giving out tickets. Hell, they added a 2nd Dodger Stadium gig because the 1st show sold out. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

I agree but as fans of GnR we know the media won't just simply ask what the band wants. There are a lot of things that perhaps the band feels isn't our business. For example Slash or Axl may have decided to let the past be the past and keep their personal issues there. Honestly I wish for an interview but the how's and why's and who did what doesn't interest me. Well it does but I can understand its their personal business. 

As far as Axl and wanting to possibly continue with ACDC a part of me sees no problem with it. That's because other members have other bands. We have to remember that. Also other members may not be willing to make this their only band. We know for example Slash is getting ready to record with his band. We can't hold Axl to something that others won't do.

Honestly I'd much rather Axl concentrate on GnR but realistically I'm thinking that if some of the other boys do things he can too. As long as they still work together but again who's to say Slash or Duff don't just want a one off here.

Like I said, I'm fine with Axl/DC. I really can't wait to hear what it sounds like, and to hear Axl on some "new material" for the first time in almost a decade.

I'm not saying they have to go on 60 Minutes and be grilled over the coals, but the big 3 could sit in front of a camera and answer some pre approved questions by some goddamn PR person or something. Like the fuckin ACDC thing. 

I'd just like to feel like Axl gives as much of s shit about GnR as he does ACDC. Right now, I'm not sure...

Just now, Fitha_whiskey said:

Like I said, I'm fine with Axl/DC. I really can't wait to hear what it sounds like, and to hear Axl on some "new material" for the first time in almost a decade.

I'm not saying they have to go on 60 Minutes and be grilled over the coals, but the big 3 could sit in front of a camera and answer some pre approved questions by some goddamn PR person or something. Like the fuckin ACDC thing. 

I'd just like to feel like Axl gives as much of s shit about GnR as he does ACDC. Right now, I'm not sure...

I think we will get that but perhaps closer to their actual tour. He has already pretty much agreed to let Eddie do an interview

I remember the times when Axl came in the boards and answered some questions. Not many bands singers etc do that. Sure we haven't gotten one in years but it was still awesome to know he reads our stuff.

Axl has always been weird about media but with ACDC they make the media calls. I do feel we will get an interview. I think this was mainly to give the fans a better answer about Brian and to maybe help fans learn a bit more respect for Axl. It's not his fault Brian can't perform 

The last few ac/dc tours they have done some sort of interviews before a show and usually it was Angus and Brian (Williams has basically has been promoted but if you are not a die hard then no one knows who he is) and it clearly obvious that Angus is not the greatest interviewee so he probably asked Axl to help out which is why he is part of the band, he want to help them out but i bet Axl wish he didn't have to do them. Also the fact that a lot of ACDC fans are not happy about the plan , ACDC  must thought they had  to say something and the reason why Axl is involved. 

If all members of  Guns N Roses stay healthy and they still have the fire then we could probably get 3-4 more big tours, ACDC if they decide to continue and if its Axl then the next could probably be the last so don't worry about Axl commitment.