Rehearsal at Venue in Lisbon Video

tsinindy

1 hour ago, Jakey Styley said:

He sounds so good that it's offensive as a GNR fan. How does he sound so shitty at GNR shows and then pulls these incredible ACDC performances out of his ass?

I thought he sounded good in the shows I have seen so far and it seems to be a consensus.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

12 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

I thought he sounded good in the shows I have seen so far and it seems to be a consensus.

I thought he sounded alright until hearing these ACDC rehearsals. They make his reunion performances sound a lot worse. The effort is just not there. The Mickey is there instead for about half of the time.

Just now, Jakey Styley said:

I thought he sounded alright until hearing these ACDC rehearsals. They make his reunion performances sound a lot worse. The effort is just not there. The Mickey is there instead for about half of the time.

I think he sounds good overall in the GN'R shows this year, but You Could Be Mine is getting the short stick...especially when you hear what he's doing on some of these very raspy AC/DC songs like Thunderstruck. 

By the way, have any of the rehearsal videos featured You Shook Me All Night Long? Random question I know, but I accidentally stumbled on Steven Tyler singing it with AC/DC at the Rock Hall in 2003. Gotta say I'm not a fan of what Steven did with it. Something sounded a bit off. He slowed it down or something and the phrasing was just weird. Axl seems to be doing pretty faithful versions of the songs from what we've heard so far. 

2 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

I think he sounds good overall in the GN'R shows this year, but You Could Be Mine is getting the short stick...especially when you hear what he's doing on some of these very raspy AC/DC songs like Thunderstruck. 

By the way, have any of the rehearsal videos featured You Shook Me All Night Long? Random question I know, but I accidentally stumbled on Steven Tyler singing it with AC/DC at the Rock Hall in 2003. Gotta say I'm not a fan of what Steven did with it. Something sounded a bit off. He slowed it down or something and the phrasing was just weird. Axl seems to be doing pretty faithful versions of the songs from what we've heard so far. 

Yeah it was played during rehearsals. There is a clip floating about Youtube.

Thats taking it a little far I think lol. I love how he sounds with ACDC but GnR is Axl, and I would never wish him to leave it.

I think the chemistry is what is standing out here. Maybe that's helping him as well. With GnR it's about getting that chemistry back. Axl spends a month with these guys and their chemistry is there. I think Axl being in a chair a lot may have had some to do with it, but he is much more relaxed and perhaps it's becaused they don't have a angry past together.

4 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

Yeah it was played during rehearsals. There is a clip floating about Youtube.

Can't remember if I have seen that one but love that song. Gonn alook it up now.

I'm curious if it's somehow easier for him to rasp it up on these songs... like because they're higher pitched or something.... 'cause they sound awesome. Loved that Hell's Bells. 

It's almost making me cringe though, in that it's so intense I feel like something is gonna burst. 

19 minutes ago, Loseyourillusions98 said:

so he can go balls to the wall during hells bells bringing out uyi levels of rasp:axl92: ,but goes all out mickey on estranged and ycbm :axl:......:facepalm:

He more sounds like 80's club shows vocals to me the real raw young voice i fell in love with, compare it and you'll hear he sounds closer to that than uyi times it's awesome!

44 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

The chances of this happening are basically none but if they pull out Let me put my love into you with Axl i might lose my shit, top 5 AC/DC song for me if not my favourite. Bit like Don't Damn Me in regards to the lack of love it's shown by the band who wrote it!

LMPMLIY is top notch stuff. Brian was amazing on it. I prefer it much, much more to YSMANL.