Battlefield 1

I've probably got a solid 2-2.5 hours on the game now. Overall it's very good, I hope the other CQ maps are a bit bigger. And there needs to be a classic style trench vs. trench with no man's land in the middle type map. The amount of players in Rush is fine, but the map feels really small - which is why 12 players works. Hope the other Rush maps are bigger and have at least 24 vs 24 player capacity.

The game mechanics are very good, everything pretty much makes sense where it is/how you do it, and the experience is pretty WWI immersive. The horse stuff is great, feels like they really put effort into the little things. Graphics are a nice update from BF4, very very good. Kinda hard to drive the heavy tank, but I suppose it is WWI so... and the weapon accuracy isn't all that great, especially at range, but again... WWI. And the beta is only allowing us to use a few entry level guns it looks like.

So far, I'm enjoying it, and will probably be preordering when beta ends.

Edited by OmarBradley
  • Like 2

On 9/4/2016 at 8:41 PM, OmarBradley said:

I've probably got a solid 2-2.5 hours on the game now. Overall it's very good, I hope the other CQ maps are a bit bigger. And there needs to be a classic style trench vs. trench with no man's land in the middle type map. The amount of players in Rush is fine, but the map feels really small - which is why 12 players works. Hope the other Rush maps are bigger and have at least 24 vs 24 player capacity.

The game mechanics are very good, everything pretty much makes sense where it is/how you do it, and the experience is pretty WWI immersive. The horse stuff is great, feels like they really put effort into the little things. Graphics are a nice update from BF4, very very good. Kinda hard to drive the heavy tank, but I suppose it is WWI so... and the weapon accuracy isn't all that great, especially at range, but again... WWI. And the beta is only allowing us to use a few entry level guns it looks like.

So far, I'm enjoying it, and will probably be preordering when beta ends.

definitely, i preordered after about 10 hours. i love the mondragon marksman rifle. they need to fix the medic, they need icons showing who can be revived like in battlefield 4, DICE said it is fixed in the final release. 

this was pretty funny

https://fat.gfycat.com/InsignificantInferiorFoxterrier.webm

also been waiting for the argonne forest map 

Edited by bran
  • Like 1

I feel exactly as I thought I would, it's fun and visually impressive but I'd never buy it because I know I'll never put the time into it. The nature of the fanboy resentment of any other shooter compared to Battlefield somewhat sours it for me as well.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Conor said:

I feel exactly as I thought I would, it's fun and visually impressive but I'd never buy it because I know I'll never put the time into it. The nature of the fanboy resentment of any other shooter compared to Battlefield somewhat sours it for me as well.

yeah i love the battlefield franchise to death but you are right about some of the idiots who play the game. everything that isn't battlefield is call of duty and any change to the battlefield formula is casualizing the game for pussies lol

i usually just mute chat and do my thing, i have been playing since battlefield 1942 i know how to play the game, i don't need some kid screaming about going back to call of duty, calling me a fag or stupid shit like that because you killed him or revived him and he decided to run into the open and get shot by a sniper.

• Like 1

information dump. all the weapons in the game(with real pictures)

http://imgur.com/a/WqA4J

weapons/gadgets/attachments

http://pastebin.com/F6mqfdGQ

all weapon and vehicle skins

http://pastebin.com/us2aeiMc

vehicles and vehicle gadgets

http://pastebin.com/Z2xM9xdL

information on operations

https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield/comments/4rnhdw/bf1_operations_game_mode_info_from_files/

names of all the flags in the game

http://pastebin.com/gyGVSw8D

9 maps at launch

Argonne Forest 
Amiens 
Chateau 
St.Quentin Scar 
Monte Grappa 
Empire's Edge 
Suez 
Sinai Desert 
Fao Fortress

free map: Giants Shadow in december

Edited by bran
  • Like 1

On 9/18/2016 at 7:20 PM, OmarBradley said:

BF4 isn't really being a good place holder for BF1 :S, good thing we're just about 4 weeks away!

I know it's early to talk about this, but for the next flagship installment, I'd like to see BF:BC 3 or BF: 2143.

i would love BF 2143, but i don't know how DICE would feel going into the future, when COD is facing a huge backlash because of their future combat games. BF BC 3 would be awesome as well. i'm wondering if they go back to wwII

6 hours ago, GN'R MEX said:

i got a question , ¿ between this and mafia 3 (deluxe edition)  what game should i buy? ¿what game do you guys recommended more?

depends they are different types of games. battlefield is more geared towards multiplayer but this looks to be the first edition with a good single player. mafia 3 is more like grand theft auto, where you go around stealing cars and just having fun causing mayhem in a sand box like environment. i'm going with battlefield because i love the multiplayer action of the game.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/18/2016 at 6:38 AM, bran said:

the maps in this game are some of the best in the battlefield franchise.

Did you buy deluxe?

I couldn't stomach it after going through 3 previous Battlefield releases. Preordered standard version today, though I did see some reviews about a plethora of bugs... guess that's expected. Is this another case of EA rushing DICE?

EA had some trouble with server connectivity across the board this morning, couldn't play ME for about an hour! I'm expecting midnight tonight to me a mess. Nonetheless, I'll be there.

I didn't think to look up recommended specs until this morning - so I quickly upgraded to W10, and I have an emergency supply of RAM coming in tomorrow via Amazon Prime. I only have 8GB in this build. Little worried about processing power, I have a 3820 and a 4790 is recommended. The 3820 isn't easy to OC either :S. I remember BF3 and BF4 being pretty processor heavy, moreso than Witcher, Dragon Age, etc.

EDIT: Things are running fine, very very upset and disappointed that hardcore is not available yet. I pretty much exclusively play hardcore, it feels like the game isn't finished with out it. With each new release we pay more for less game.

Edited by OmarBradley
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, OmarBradley said:

Did you buy deluxe?

I couldn't stomach it after going through 3 previous Battlefield releases. Preordered standard version today, though I did see some reviews about a plethora of bugs... guess that's expected. Is this another case of EA rushing DICE?

EA had some trouble with server connectivity across the board this morning, couldn't play ME for about an hour! I'm expecting midnight tonight to me a mess. Nonetheless, I'll be there.

I didn't think to look up recommended specs until this morning - so I quickly upgraded to W10, and I have an emergency supply of RAM coming in tomorrow via Amazon Prime. I only have 8GB in this build. Little worried about processing power, I have a 3820 and a 4790 is recommended. The 3820 isn't easy to OC either :S. I remember BF3 and BF4 being pretty processor heavy, moreso than Witcher, Dragon Age, etc.

EDIT: Things are running fine, very very upset and disappointed that hardcore is not available yet. I pretty much exclusively play hardcore, it feels like the game isn't finished with out it. With each new release we pay more for less game.

i bought the early enlister for 80 dollars. I would probably guess EA is rushing DICE, to get something out before the new COD. Not having rentable servers until november 1, having a free map released in december, no hardcore mode, really shows that IMO. the servers have been holding on pretty good so far, but with everyone else picking this up tomorrow that could change...hopefully not, but a friday plus a bunch of people jumping in scares me.

5 hours ago, bran said:

i bought the early enlister for 80 dollars. I would probably guess EA is rushing DICE, to get something out before the new COD. Not having rentable servers until november 1, having a free map released in december, no hardcore mode, really shows that IMO. the servers have been holding on pretty good so far, but with everyone else picking this up tomorrow that could change...hopefully not, but a friday plus a bunch of people jumping in scares me.

I played for just around an hour last night, thought Fao Fortress was sort of meh, but the second round I played was on a cool map, forget the name. Overall the experience was fun, surprisingly few bugs and my comp was running most settings on High without issue. Like you said though, today will be the true test.

It is very nice to see an actual server browser though, and no Battlelog.

Edited by OmarBradley
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OmarBradley said:

I played for just around an hour last night, thought Fao Fortress was sort of meh, but the second round I played was on a cool map, forget the name. Overall the experience was fun, surprisingly few bugs and my comp was running most settings on High without issue. Like you said though, today will be the true test.

It is very nice to see an actual server browser though, and no Battlelog.

fao fortress is decent but there is too many desert maps. empires edge, amiens, monte grappa, ballroom blitz, st quentin scar, and argonne forest are really good. the only map i hate is suez. it is a cluster fuck map like metro and locker. only 3 flags so whoever controls B will usually end up spawn killing people at their base with sniper rifles and mortars. plus one side(i think british) are automatically at a disadvantage because there is a huge mound that offers really good protection and sniper area that the other side doesn't get. the behemoth is useless, the train just goes around the coast without any ability to take a flag, so basically all that happens is they pound the area around flags, killing you over and over again.

my favorite map is probably empires edge and amiens. empires edge  map is huge has 7 flags but the variety of the terrain and capture points is amazing, it allows for some truly awesome moments. you have a broken down forts along the coast, it is uphill and its rocky, then you have open fields with villas that you have to take. amiens is just an awesome city map right out of saving private ryan, two bridges with blown up buildings on both sides and the train runs right under them.

Edited by bran

8 hours ago, bran said:

fao fortress is decent but there is too many desert maps. empires edge, amiens, monte grappa, ballroom blitz, st quentin scar, and argonne forest are really good. the only map i hate is suez. it is a cluster fuck map like metro and locker. only 3 flags so whoever controls B will usually end up spawn killing people at their base with sniper rifles and mortars. plus one side(i think british) are automatically at a disadvantage because there is a huge mound that offers really good protection and sniper area that the other side doesn't get. the behemoth is useless, the train just goes around the coast without any ability to take a flag, so basically all that happens is they pound the area around flags, killing you over and over again.

my favorite map is probably empires edge and amiens. empires edge  map is huge has 7 flags but the variety of the terrain and capture points is amazing, it allows for some truly awesome moments. you have a broken down forts along the coast, it is uphill and its rocky, then you have open fields with villas that you have to take. amiens is just an awesome city map right out of saving private ryan, two bridges with blown up buildings on both sides and the train runs right under them.

I haven't played enough to get more than a few maps names down. Amiens and Ballroom Blitz come to mind. For some reason the brightness is looking odd to me on some maps, Sinai Desert, and one or two others I can't recall - I think the brightness calibration that the game has is not very accurate.

While in game, I'm noticing very few issues, not really lagging. I'm getting 60FPS with my 970, i7-3820, 16GB RAM and all high/ultra settings. Game looks very good.

I am still pretty annoyed at the no hardcore thing. It affects playing style, now I'm getting used to regular mode. 

Oh and I did sort of wonder what the point of Suez was.

Also had connectivity issues all day. About 20 minutes this morning, and then 3 or so hours this afternoon.

Edited by OmarBradley
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, OmarBradley said:

I haven't played enough to get more than a few maps names down. Amiens and Ballroom Blitz come to mind. For some reason the brightness is looking odd to me on some maps, Sinai Desert, and one or two others I can't recall - I think the brightness calibration that the game has is not very accurate.

While in game, I'm noticing very few issues, not really lagging. I'm getting 60FPS with my 970, i7-3820, 16GB RAM and all high/ultra settings. Game looks very good.

I am still pretty annoyed at the no hardcore thing. It affects playing style, now I'm getting used to regular mode. 

Oh and I did sort of wonder what the point of Suez was.

Also had connectivity issues all day. About 20 minutes this morning, and then 3 or so hours this afternoon.

i think the connectivity issue was with the DDOS attack the US was undergoing earlier today. the government is calling it "domestic vandalism" or some shit. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bran said:

i think the connectivity issue was with the DDOS attack the US was undergoing earlier today. the government is calling it "domestic vandalism" or some shit. 

I heard about that, but didn't give BF the benefit of the doubt given how history reads.

Also, I'm really getting into this, very very good. Very impressed so far. The new Operations mode is what Rush always should have been. The flow of action is just pretty perfect, same on CQ too really. Haven't played Rush itself too much yet.

Edited by OmarBradley
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OmarBradley said:

I heard about that, but didn't give BF the benefit of the doubt given how history reads.

Also, I'm really getting into this, very very good. Very impressed so far. The new Operations mode is what Rush always should have been. The flow of action is just pretty perfect, same on CQ too really. Haven't played Rush itself too much yet.

it is awesome i can't stop play it lol. operations are very good and a great addition to battlefield.

Lack of Hardcore still irks me quite a bit. Shame the game is pretty much terrific so I can't really bash it that much. Played some new Operations maps I hadn't before - really great. They did an amazing job at making the big CQ maps, and then rearranging them for Operations mode. Some of the Operations maps seem to be only in Operations, which is cool too.

I am owning pretty hard with the scoped Winchester/Russian 1815 (in HC it's going to dominate/infuriate people) :lol:. The Mondragon Marksman is my second choice, and then the Speletrandastz (yeah I got that wrong). Not a big fan of any of the assault rifles really, and it looks like there isn't much choice given Assault splits assault rifles with shotguns.

I'm getting some plane kills too, only really use the attack fighter. One of my favorite things to do is at the start of the round (or any time really), take an attack plane, fly it around a bit maybe shoot a few things, then fly it into some building but ditch it at the last second. Stealth around, knife a guy, drop the junk pilot's carbine, and pick up my victim's kit!

Weather changes are cool, in BF4 we had tropical storms, but the fog and sand storms are pretty cool in this game.

I have around 13 hours on the game, can safely say it's great. Don't want to give any formal rating just yet, but I'm pretty entertained by this game.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, OmarBradley said:

Lack of Hardcore still irks me quite a bit. Shame the game is pretty much terrific so I can't really bash it that much. Played some new Operations maps I hadn't before - really great. They did an amazing job at making the big CQ maps, and then rearranging them for Operations mode. Some of the Operations maps seem to be only in Operations, which is cool too.

I am owning pretty hard with the scoped Winchester/Russian 1815 (in HC it's going to dominate/infuriate people) :lol:. The Mondragon Marksman is my second choice, and then the Speletrandastz (yeah I got that wrong). Not a big fan of any of the assault rifles really, and it looks like there isn't much choice given Assault splits assault rifles with shotguns.

I'm getting some plane kills too, only really use the attack fighter. One of my favorite things to do is at the start of the round (or any time really), take an attack plane, fly it around a bit maybe shoot a few things, then fly it into some building but ditch it at the last second. Stealth around, knife a guy, drop the junk pilot's carbine, and pick up my victim's kit!

Weather changes are cool, in BF4 we had tropical storms, but the fog and sand storms are pretty cool in this game.

I have around 13 hours on the game, can safely say it's great. Don't want to give any formal rating just yet, but I'm pretty entertained by this game.

i have really only played medic since release. i played assault a little during a couple of matches when my team needed to take down a behemoth. i love the automatico but i still find it kind of fucked up assaults get a smg with a 50 shot drum magazine. i usually stick with the mondgragon storm with the buck sites. the optic version for me is hard to aim with. i destroy people with the mondragon marksman rifle but it makes me play the game completely different, where i'm not playing the objective, not healing/reviving teammates, so i usually just use that variant on sinai and in certain instances on empires edge.