Frozen 2 and LGBT activists

2 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

Apparently, when Brando died their ashed were mixed together and scattered as one. Kind of romantic, really.

For a random tangent Sid Viciouses ashes were being taken to Philly to be scattered over the grave of Nancy but on the way someone dropped em next to an air duct at Heathrow Airport :lol:. For a man whoose mates named him Vicious cuz he was a sort of a clumsy gangly lolloping pussy who always tended to get things a bit wrong it really is a hilairious ending.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

For a random tangent Sid Viciouses ashes were being taken to Philly to be scattered over the grave of Nancy but on the way someone dropped em next to an air duct at Heathrow Airport :lol:. For a man whoose mates named him Vicious cuz he was a sort of a clumsy gangly lolloping pussy who always tended to get things a bit wrong it really is a hilairious ending.

:lol:

Spending eternity going blown about in Terminal 4.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

:lol:

Spending eternity going blown about in Terminal 4.

Anyone knocking about Heathrow between 79 to 80 probably inhaled the poor bastard :lol:. I bet when they cleaned out the filters over there they ended up brushing him into a dustpan!

• Like 1

On May 7, 2016 at 9:43 AM, AtariLegend said:

It's just the mindset of a certain section of the media these days. I didn't see the original film, but if they wanted a gay character why not create a new film with a gay character? It's the same reason they are obsessed with the idea of a black James Bond, with the mindset being that if you don't think the character should be re-written you're a racist. It's nothing to do with Gay/Lesbian rights.

If these people really wanted to take the moral high ground, they should be campaigning for new characters, not for pre-existing ones to be re-written.

GLAAD is also pressing Star Wars to have LGBT characters. 

I think it's funny how some people think that if there is a gay character in a Disney movie or in Star Wars, then that there will be raunchy sex scenes featuring these gay characters. Because that's not the case. Those homosexuals will act just like heretosexuals. Sure, a man might kiss another man or a woman might hold another woman's hand, but kissing and holding hands are something that straight characters do too. The kids will not only be fine (unless their parents start raving how wrong being gay is), they grow up knowing that all people and all love is equal. And being gay is ok.

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 1:59 PM, AtariLegend said:

I went to see the Captain America film a few days ago. Alot of 8 year old kids can barely sit through through the action without getting distracted, talking and jumping up/down. This is aimed at a younger demographic.

That's true. Most kids get bored after a half an hour especially when there is talking parts. Kids movies shouldn't be more than 85 minutes. I think it's up to the parents to decide when to tell a child about death, gay people or anything else there is in the world.

Can't we just have a nice happy movie without anyone complaining about cartoon characters? it just seems stupid to me when there are real issues people need to deal with. Most of us go to the movies, watch tv or read a book to leave the real world behind for a few minutes. It's meant to be an escape and entertainment.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think there's anything wrong with gay people being on tv etc., I was just really pointing out that there just seems to be a trend on daytime tv, especially the programmes I mentioned, where it makes you think things like "they must have been picked out delibrately". Like, on a certain programme... If there's 4 people on it and every week there's a different gay guy or whatever, that's the kind of things that it makes you think. Whether their actually picked for their sexuality, personality, tv-likeability or whatever, I don't know, but it does seem like there's a lot more sort of openly gay people on tv compared with what you experience in everyday life. And there's probably plenty of good reasons for that.. I dont know. 

All's I know is, I ain't no homophobe. 

What bothers me is the phoney aspect of it all.  To be quite honest i would find it patronising if i was gay, the depictions are just crap, they give them these pale stock characters to play with no detail or depth or anything slightly acerbic or nuanced about em for fearing of being guilty of negative depictions of homosexuals. 

On 7 May 2016 at 7:28 PM, Gracii Guns said:

I don't see why cartoons which portray children/teens should provide characters with any sexual orientation at all. Kids don't see subtleties like that, and therefore need action to keep them entertained rather than sit through a romantic plotline. 

Doesn't pretty much every Disney cartoon ever made have a romantic plot line?

Cinderella? Snow White? Beauty and the Beast? Little Mermaid? Aladdin? Etc etc? 

Don't see anybody complaining about Prince Charming and all that. 

Just sayin'

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Doesn't pretty much every Disney cartoon ever made have a romantic plot line?

Beauty and the Beast? Little Mermaid?

Disney: promoting bestiality since 1989*

*and inventing Furries in 1973 with Robin Hood

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I agree with the concept of distinctive programming i just feel that it means placating gays and foreigners.  If you think about it the BBC made its bones on distinctive content and not bland fuckin' bollocks, TV plays like Cathy Come Home and lots of Harold Pinter type stuff, Steptoe, The Likely Lads, Til Death Us Do Part, it was pretty near to the bone distinctive stuff.

I have no problem with this as a general concept. If you wanna start a movie from scratch and have the characters be gay, fine it's 2016 and beyond now. Have at it.

But it's the tone of these "proposals" that leave a bad taste in my mouth. They're essentially thinly veiled threats (poorly) disguised as polite proposals. Because God help Disney if they dare not make Elsa gay now. If they go down any other path, there will be a shit fit unlike any you have ever seen. "Disney supports bigotry", "Disney still thinks homosexuality is 'unnatural'", "Disney encourages closeting", etc. etc. ranging and raging from tweet to tweet. The LGBT crew wants everyone bullied to submission with their aggressive agenda, and it's fucking working. They realize the power they have now, and they're not afraid to use it, and more than that, abuse it.

And the James Bond thing is such a bullshit thing as well. James Bond is an established character. He's white. He's British. He's a womanizer. Get the fuck over it. Now that's not to say a black, Muslim, Red feathered fucking capped Indian and/or gay man/woman/person can't do what James Bond does. You want to establish a Muslim homosexual secret agent? Have at it. Nothing wrong with it. All the luck in the world to you in hopes that it finds an audience. But trying to bend and twist a long established character just for the sake of #politicalagenda? Fuck right off.

• Like 1

Aint LGBT the worst acronym ever?  I mean isn't the idea of an acronym that it sort of rolls off your tongue or has some sort of association to it that gives it a certain ring to it.  I think BLTG would've been better.  Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato...and gays :lol:

1 hour ago, Len B'stard said:

Aint LGBT the worst acronym ever?  I mean isn't the idea of an acronym that it sort of rolls off your tongue or has some sort of association to it that gives it a certain ring to it.  I think BLTG would've been better.  Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato...and gays :lol:

Not fans of vowels, but a cock in the bowels? :lol:

• Like 1