Why not a GNR/ACDC Super Bowl half time show?

17 hours ago, Mr_Sparkle said:

You're probably a soccer fan. We let our children play soccer but when they pass puberty, we let them play real sports. 

No, American, I'm not a fan of soccer.  Do you assume that by looking at my location?  Should I assume that you enjoy watching Super Bowl half time show while eating a triple-sized burger king hamburger based on the fact that you're from the States? :lol: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Russel Nash said:

This, i understand that the super bowl is really big there, but not so much outside the US.

I understand why you guys feel this way, but the last few years the Superbowl has had over 110 million viewers... You can't argue the popularity.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mr_Sparkle said:

Bullshit, it's one of the most watched events every year worldwide. 

You're probably a soccer fan. We let our children play soccer but when they pass puberty, we let them play real sports. 

speak for yourself jackass and if you were actually a solid parent you'd let them choose their path and not force whatever it is you feel they should be doing on them.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Russel Nash said:

Soccer? It's fookin FOOTBALL. you know, that number 1 sport that actually uses the foot and a ball.

I came up with a better name for the American football, Handprolatespheroid or Rugbywithprotection4pussies.

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Ouch!

20 hours ago, Nosaj Thing said:

No, American, I'm not a fan of soccer.  Do you assume that by looking at my location?  Should I assume that you enjoy watching Super Bowl half time show while eating a triple-sized burger king hamburger based on the fact that you're from the States? :lol: 

don't forget the 65" TV screen and a 20 ounce Budweiser

ukuMVYu.png

On May 9, 2016 at 3:17 PM, CardinalGunner said:

The NFL isn't interested in featuring a rock n roll band for the halftime show.

Remember a few years ago when the Chili Peppers had to come on as guests for some pop culture loser?    They weren't even plugged in.   

In a perfect world, bands with the stature of Chili Peppers, Metallica, Ac/Dc, and Guns N Roses would be headlining the super bowl.    Problem is, the Super Bowl doesn't want those bands.    They want pop culture, mainstream bullshit.

By mainstream bullshit you mean the artists that the "most" people want to hear? Like that's a bad thing? 

Ok fellas, Beyoncé brings an audience of 10 million. GnR brings 3 million. Let's say fuck you to the 10 million so we can please the 3 million. 

Cam you imagine other businesses operating like that? Restaurants. Grocery stores. Movie theatres. Imagine Pizza Hut owners having this conversation. "Well, pepperoni is our most popular pizza. Let's take it off the menu and replace it with a pizza type that has a way smaller audience."

Or "hey, this TV show is the number one watched show in the world. Let's cancel it and air something that has a much smaller audience."

You guys need to expand your horizons a bit. The music world doesn't revolve around your personal favorites and dislikes. Just because something is popular doesn't automatically make it "bad." It just means more people like it than like your favorite band. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Russel Nash said:

Soccer? It's fookin FOOTBALL. you know, that number 1 sport that actually uses the foot and a ball.

I came up with a better name for the American football, Handprolatespheroid or Rugbywithprotection4pussies.

Lol, ok. 

Rugby for pussies?

Football players wear protective gear because in football your goal - on every play - is to hit and punish the opposing player. 

Rugby is great and you have to be tough as nails to play. But if football players didn't wear pads and helmets, you would have people constantly being killed on the field and the average career length would be cut down by 90%. 

To imply that football is for pussies because they were pads is just ridiculous. 

5 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Lol, ok. 

Rugby for pussies?

Football players wear protective gear because in football your goal - on every play - is to hit and punish the opposing player. 

Rugby is great and you have to be tough as nails to play. But if football players didn't wear pads and helmets, you would have people constantly being killed on the field and the average career length would be cut down by 90%. 

To imply that football is for pussies because they were pads is just ridiculous. 

you must be mistaken.  In football, players don't wear pads. Most of them wear shinguards.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Apollo said:

By mainstream bullshit you mean the artists that the "most" people want to hear? Like that's a bad thing? 

Ok fellas, Beyoncé brings an audience of 10 million. GnR brings 3 million. Let's say fuck you to the 10 million so we can please the 3 million. 

Cam you imagine other businesses operating like that? Restaurants. Grocery stores. Movie theatres. Imagine Pizza Hut owners having this conversation. "Well, pepperoni is our most popular pizza. Let's take it off the menu and replace it with a pizza type that has a way smaller audience."

Or "hey, this TV show is the number one watched show in the world. Let's cancel it and air something that has a much smaller audience."

You guys need to expand your horizons a bit. The music world doesn't revolve around your personal favorites and dislikes. Just because something is popular doesn't automatically make it "bad." It just means more people like it than like your favorite band. 

This much is true.

Those 10 millions want Beyonce, it's their public.

But it's like an US thing, That's why Beyonce or other similar artists fails to gather ppl at shows like Acdc, Rolling Stones worldwide. But even in the US, those big names get more money and more ppl comes to the shows.

5 hours ago, Apollo said:

I don't need to expand my horizons.   Beyonce is more popular, I get that.   I understand it.   Doesn't mean I like it.   I'm not even disagreeing with the majority of what you said.   I understand many of us who want a good rock band to headline the super bowl are in the minority.   That's why it won't happen.

Edited by CardinalGunner

On the subject of football, I was recently thinking that being a GNR fan is like supporting Arsenal. There are a lot of similarities. From the cult-like support of Wenger, to the perpetual stagnant underachieving 4th place. It mirrors GNR.

6 hours ago, Mr_Sparkle said:

Really? 114 million viewers would disagree with you. 

Not that I want to get involved with this insane my favorite sport it better than your favorite sport argument that has been going on, but I think you are only looking at U.S. viewership.

Link from over a year ago: http://www.ibtimes.com/how-many-countries-will-watch-super-bowl-1799734

I am a big fan of football, but there really is no comparison to the number of soccer fans in the world as a whole. The number of international (North American) football watchers is growing, but it doesn't touch soccer. One of the benefits of soccer is that all you need to play it is a ball and some space. Just about cheapest sport in the world to play and it spread around the world centuries ago.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

In America. Outside America the only people watching are American expats. Literally, everybody hates the sport outside America.

I find its popularity is, unfortunately, growing in Australia. More media exposure then 10 years ago and more people talking about it.

• 2 months later...

Yes: GnR plus Axl/DC for Super Bowl 2017 is a great idea.

Axl doing all the vocals for both bands and some guitar noodling by Angus and Slash.

They should do:

Welcome to the Jungle

Thunderstruck

Paradise City