Should Axl wear flat caps with AC/DC instead of fedoras?

Powerage5

I only make this thread half-jokingly. But does anyone think it would be cool for Axl to switch up his hat wardrobe for AC/DC and start wearing flat caps instead of fedoras? It would be a cool little nod to Brian, plus the fedoras don't really fit AC/DC's image as a no-BS, working man's band IMO.

I think he would look just great if he let his hair loose. Like Bon. But his fedora gives him a visually distinctive look (and marks him out for not being a Bon/Brian clone). My favorite moment was when he took it off for a bit and revealed the bandana underneath. I was really happy seeing that.

• Like 1

Definitely not. His whole deal is that he's helping out, not replacing Brian. Him wearing flat caps would be like Paul Rodgers or Adam Lambert wearing the Freddie yellow jacket. It just doesn't feel right. Fill in, make the music your own, but don't try to box the old guy out.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DexAxl said:

Is he fucking balding or what he wears that shit off stage too?

It's more shocking than that. His hair is fine, he performed withou anything on his head earlier this year. The thing is, he actually likes the hats.

37 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Okay, I guess this thread backfired on me :lol:

Im not suggesting he become a Brian clone or anything - I just thought the hat would be a nice little nod. 

It's not though. Remember how GN'R fans felt when Ashba showed up with the top hat? It's the same situation. Brian's flat cap is an AC/DC icon just like Slash's top hat is a GN'R icon. Only Brian should be allowed to wear the flat cap while singing with the band. 

• Like 1

he shouldn't wear any hats, that's the only laughable stage outfit that he still wears, it's almost as worse as his mustache was, thank god, he shaved it off

Bandanas are OK,though

but at the end of the day he wears what he wants, i don't care too much because my oonly concern is his voice

Edited by Strange Broue

I'm afraid that flat cap would make him look like an Italian grandpa :P

umm I've started to hate the Fedoras, I don't know why he's so attached to them. Yesterday, he added some weird tail or feather or lace to it? It was awful, looked like an old lady hat..

The beanie or a normal cap would do right or loose hair too, like he did in Vegas. Actually he needs a good haircut. I wonder what he would look like if he shaved half his head and keep it long on the other side :P

NO HATS! 

Bandanas are ok, and beanies are ok, but those hats he wears are not :wacko:

And I'm not sure snapbacks or baseball hats are good idea either, they would look a little silly on a 54 year old man. Some people can pull it off, but I'm not sure Axl could. 

the fedoras look so ridiculously bad you just have to wonder why someone hasn't slapped some sense into him yet. that said, switching to a derby hat for AC/DC would be too forced.

he desperately needs to stop wearing the sunglasses, thick leather jackets, and the two huge diamond crosses. mixing yosemite sam with rapper bling is truly cringeworthy stuff.