Guns N DC

jerry

Not sure if anyone talked about this yet but could you imagine if they merged  slash and Angus could battle for leade and rhythm. Angus rhythm material is exactly what all the gnr fans have been screaming for forever I think will be awesome. what does Angus have to lose his singers done the rest of the of AC/DC is a new anyway both bands might need to kickstart why not 

If axl sounds like he did in that first show with everybody together like this I think it would be amazing

IMO lol

6 minutes ago, The Archer said:

Slash is great. No question. But nowhere in any universe is Angus going to play rhythm to Slash on lead. Slash would probably recuse himself.

Not to mention GN'R post-AFD is basically the antithesis of AC/DC. Sure, Angus could fit in on Nightrain or Out Ta Get Me, but November Rain or Estranged? No way.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Not to mention GN'R post-AFD is basically the antithesis of AC/DC. Sure, Angus could fit in on Nightrain or Out Ta Get Me, but November Rain or Estranged? No way.

He could do the same thing slash does and stand around and wait and play a cord or two before the build up 

angus is older anyway he can sit down and take a break lol

Just chiming in fellas giving my two cents :)

6 minutes ago, jerry said:

He could do the same thing slash does and stand around and wait and play a cord or two before the build up 

It's not that he can't do it, it's that he wouldn't want to.

• Like 1

I wonder....

If this happened a year or two earlier, perhaps instead of Slash returning to replace Bumble Angus would've been brought in as Bumble's replacement. But I really can't see Angus rocking out to November Rain, This I love, Patience, Estranged, etc.

Edited by liers

The more pictures I see of Axl and Angus rehearsing, being interviewed, just hanging around etc, the more obvious it's becoming that they really seem to have gelled. 

They could start their own band and make something that no one could possibly imagine by mixing their two styles together. 

3 hours ago, jerry said:

Can't imagine Angus sitting down. The man may LOOK old. But on stage he moves like a 25 year old beast.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, iftheworld said:

Angus is anti GnR. He's so used to playing light "Dad" Rock that he wouldn't enjoy himself. Plus the sheer amount of ego between him and Slash would literally give Axl heartburn. 

Wait. You're saying AC/DC music is light compared to Guns N' Roses?  Uh, no. No it's not.

• Like 3

A big part of this 'chemistry' that people are seeing is 1) Axl's clear and undiluted admiration for AC/DC and happiness at actually being the guy singing these songs that he was probably singing to himself in his shower as a teenager, rocking out to in a club, and covering while in GN'R 2) Angus' appreciation for Axl coming through for them when they were in a bit of a spot, and well yeah, the realization that this guy actually can sing the hell out of these songs. It just works perfectly well for this situation.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, iftheworld said:

Angus is anti GnR. He's so used to playing light "Dad" Rock that he wouldn't enjoy himself. 

I agree. Little known fact Angus wanted to record the last AC/DC album using only a piano but the other members revolted. If AC/DC is "dad rock", does that make GNR...... Kid Rock?

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

The funny thing is if AC/DC is Dad Rock, then GNR would be Slightly Younger Dad Rock.  Unless the person using the term is pretending GNR isn't a band that's been around 30  years and made up mostly of guys that are 50+

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

The funny thing is if AC/DC is Dad Rock, then GNR would be Slightly Younger Dad Rock.  Unless the person using the term is pretending GNR isn't a band that's been around 30  years and made up mostly of guys that are 50+

It all depends on how old you are and who your Dads are. I think of the Grateful Dead as Dad Rock.

3 minutes ago, The Archer said:

It all depends on how old you are and who your Dads are. I think of the Grateful Dead as Dad Rock.

iftheworld looks pretty young if that's him in his avatar. I just think most young people that use the term wouldn't give GNR a pass, but he does because he's a fan. It just shows what a bullshit arbitrary term it is. It has no real definition, it's just meant as a putdown.